Manumission has lost the plot!

For my sins, I was at the Temple Theatre in Dublin for Judge Jules over the Christmas......his set was bad enough without the idiot who was on the microphone and kept shouting every 15 minutes : "Give it up for the best f**king DJ in the world" IM not joking. he actually did shout this every fifteen minutes to the crowd. Capped off a bad bad night but hopefuly I will learn from my mistakes.

cheekyangel said:
I'v had good and bad nights in manumission. The last one was spoiled by some f***ed up/pissed 16 year olds jumpin around shoutin "john, john, john f***in kelly! constantly. Think they even pissed him off in the end...! ;)

Yeah in their defence, in the past I have had some good nights at Manumission - 2 particular moments spring to mind..........one was just as the sun was coming up Alfredo played Faithless - Insomnia OMG I thought life couldn't get any better :p and then the year after same kind of time again, just as the sun is coming up he came out with BBE - 7 Days and a wk :p

I really like seeing Alfredo, that is why we always try and get to the Carry On at least once or twice while we're there - this year he played Yeke Yeke OMG I was sooooo happy I nearly weed myself, right there on the terrace :rolleyes: :p ;)

I went to Ibiza for the 1st time last year and went to Manumission and I can't say I was too impressed with it! The show was sub-pantomine standards, was wayyyyyyyyy too full (took an hour to reach the toilets from the stage end of Privilege!!), and John Kelly was on and he had a mare with elimentary beat clasing, jumping vinyl etc!! And the sound system was nowhere near as good as in Cream either. Would have been much better if they'd let us in the swimming pool too!!

Can't say I'll be paying Manumission a visit this year.

manumission after party at space is one of the bestest parties on the island. Alfredo is the most surprising dj in the world. i laughed and danced at the same time (in a good way)

Back