Manumission has lost the plot!

My first club in Ibiza ever was Manumission this year. I was in awe at the sheer size of Privilege and the madness of Ibiza & Manumission. It's more of a show than it is the music or whatnot. Cool to go see if you don't have to pay 40 Euros to get in, but don't expect a GK @ Eden or Cream @ Amnesia type of night. Didn't meet the nicest of people there, either and it gets busy fast fast fast!!! Having said that, I did hear some wikkid house tunes that night, courtesy of Griff and Sister Bliss!

Dont worry curley, everybody to their own if u like it then go for it

I think it all depends on the night really..sometimes the place could be packed with mad tunes blarin'..and unfortunatley there can be some bad nights with poor music and and full of drunk twats..but hey I love Manu and will def be goin again sometime in the near future..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

When I went this year it was full of young drunken British tossers who had nothing better to do than stand around and hassle chicks. It was so packed that it took forever to get from one side to the other and there was hardly anyone dancing.

And what is with that shocking music played extremely loud in the toilets? It did my head in!

Complete waste of money if you ask me. Get over to see Mr Sanchez instead.

Totally agree, they seem to pack the club to the rafters in order to get as much money as possible. I went earlier this month and stayed for only 3 hours due to the fact that it was just too full. I decided halfway through the night to go upto the outdoor globe area to catch some air but found myself queueing 20 mins to get in there and about the same to get out. Definetely scratched off my list for monday next year!

i stayed in ibiza 14 days. i ve seen everything. the worst experience was of course manumission. me and my girlfriend are "packt like sardines in a crushd tin box", the show is for tourist, the crowd search live sex shows but find only circus numbers sponsor by orange. don't go to manumission, roger sanchez the same night play an 8 hours set and celebrate life! Guido ;)

hey there, am going to the island in less than 3 days for the first time. am going to be there for 2 weeks and so have 2 monday nights. now i definately am gonna go to roger sanchez on one of them but i dunno about wot to do for the other night. its gonna be either cocoon or manumission. wot to do? am entrigued by manumision and up until recently was definately gonna go there but have heard alot of bad reports. on the other hand alot of good reports about sven and co.
any straight shooting advice?

If you want a good and proper hard night of clubbing then goto Cocoon. People from all over the world goto Cocoon and everyone just wants to go mad and dance the night away! Music is techno and the atmosphere is crazy! Even if you are not really into techno, it is highly recommened if you want a mad nights clubbing! :eek: :D

Manumission is more of a show and experience. There will be lots to look at and of course since Privilege is the biggest club in the world, it will take a while to explore the whole club. Music is more commercial and the atmosphere is more chilled because it is not eveyone's main intention to dance all night. I went to Manumission last year and found it average, didn't think very much of the show which was meant to be the main attraction. I was pretty sober when I was there though so maye if your not sober you might enjoy it, but I wouldn't recommend it. My mate who went to Ibiza with his brother and some other mates is just back from Ibiza and Manumission was his best night, but not from a clubbing aspect. It's because they ended up being Jay Kay's best mates for the night! He also gave them as much coke as they wanted! So while they are all sitting on the VIP balcony, coked out their nut, none other than Puff Daddy comes over and sits down with them! :eek:

Also, here is another night worth going to: I went to Dave Seaman's Four::Four night @ El Divino this year and had a great night! Seaman was playing some fantastic music, really really good.

I have to say that if you`ve never been then you have to go see manumission, if only just to sample privelige as the place is out of this world. I would agree however that Cocoon was a much better night if not the best on the island and i think i`ll be going there twice next year. Green Velvet were f**king awesome!

I know everybody did warn me about Manumission this year and I'm kicking myself for not listening! It was absolutely diabolical !
Thank god I didn't pay to get in ( thanks lady) :D

curley said:
I know everybody did warn me about Manumission this year and I'm kicking myself for not listening! It was absolutely diabolical !
Thank god I didn't pay to get in ( thanks lady) :D

Me 2. Sound system is shite....was my 3rd time there and my last.....only thing that kept me going that night was the back room.

The after party at Space was tops though! :D Anyone else go?

Adios Manumission

absolutely true about Manumission, I was completely bored this year - what a shame. It was like going to a cirkus-show and had nothing to do with real clubbing or what is was like before.....

Ibiza needs some new venues and events to keep up the pace, even though I reallu LUV the island and the clubs! :eek:

Never ever made it to Manumission. Stayed right across the street, but I never went. I think I might take my friend in August 2003 when we go, just to see what a Manumission is like. Although, I don't want to spend lots of $$$$$$ on a crap party! :rolleyes:

my advice is to take her to roger sanchez or cocoon if theyre all still on on the same night and thats coming from someone who's been to manumission and not been to the other 2.
thought it was pretty impressive seeing privelege at full capacity n all but to be fair i spent most of the night wandering about and not actually getting comfortable enough in one spot to dance. its a bit like going to the circus on drugs. was also a bit annoying cos loads and i mean loads of blokes were sleazing over my girlfriend and im not usually jealous or protective over her but it didnt make me feel the most comfortable.
and well ive heard such good reports bou the other 2 that i would definately pick them. dont think ill be back at manumission but am sorta glad i went just to see it. :D

Manu

I went for the first time last year and had a great night. I have nothing to compare it to though. As i am going back again this year i hope it is as good as u say it was in the past. I agree also that john Kelly wasnt the best but the funky room was good. The dj that came on later in the morning was also good :eek:

IMO Manumission lost the plot a good few years back.........maybe the year they were on Ibiza Uncovered :rolleyes: If I'm ever at at loose end on a Tuesday morning then I will go to Manumission Carry On at Space cos that still seems to rock but Manumission itself :eek:

I'v had good and bad nights in manumission. The last one was spoiled by some f***ed up/pissed 16 year olds jumpin around shoutin "john, john, john f***in kelly! constantly. Think they even pissed him off in the end...! ;)

cheeky that really pees me off as well, there is no need to lower the tone of the atmosphere by chanting kiddy chants.....

another one is oi oi make some f*****g noise!!!!

you just wanna go SHUTUP!!!!

Man

How about

Here wi, Here wi, Here wi f****** go!

I am Scottish and there is nothing worse than this surely! :eek:

Back