Make Privilege big again

Even after I put that through translate, I still don't really understand.
My understanding (has a lawyer, but not in Spain) : Matutes controls 45 % of the club. The other group controls 55 %. That group, has he as the majority, decided to rent the club at a redicusly low price to a "friend" corporation operating the club (making good profit because they pay a realy realy low rent). Meanwhile, the club itself is loosing big time money, because of the redicusly low rent...

So, Matutes took a motion in oppression, winning last summer in first instance and before the court of appel. Now the file is before the supreme court (last instance).

When Matutes will win again before the supreme court (I assume he will, but don't know when...) the result will be that the majority group will have to transfer all of it shares to Matutes (and than Matutes will have the complete control of Privilege).

For the moment, Matutes has just lost a preliminary motion before the supreme court (he was asking for an extern verificator to have a look at Privilege accounting books all summer long...).

It's probably Privilege's last summer has we know it... Seriously, I was thinking the same last september (after ready the first instance jugdment), but it seems that the majority group has "won" another summer by filing an appel before the supreme court.

wow does look in a sorry state. needs urgent investment.

if it was up to me and I had the power/cash, I would

1. restore the iconic name KU with immediate effect
2. hire a very good team with the imagination and creativity to offer something completely different
3. push a genuine mix of djs, live music, cabaret, theatre and other types of shows, or what the Spanish call espectáculo (live entertainment)
4. purge the trashy nights that characterised Privilege in recent years

pigs will fly over the Kremlin first, of course...

2. hire a very good team with the imagination and creativity to offer something completely different
3. push a genuine mix of djs, live music, cabaret, theatre and other types of shows, or what the Spanish call espectáculo (live entertainment)

1.Make it smaller . 2000 or 3000 people.
2. Hire Carl Cox for a residency :cool:
3. Concerts as in earlier days are a good idea ( ok , then it needs to be bigger )
4. It has to be renamed to KU , thats right ( for the older guys )

So basically back to Ku of the late 80s/early 90s then! Im in!

5. Oh get the Mr/Miss Tanga nights back (joke!)

under the right management / event brands it could easy be filled 4+ nights a week I think.. if Pepe took it on as the new space I think it could of worked (with a little creativity, money thrown into it) resistance nights in there especially the closings are mental busy and although they are not a weekly occurrence it doesn't need to be as busy as those nights even to turn a serious profit and also have a busy venue

think it was Music on closing in there 4 year ago maybe was class. too grand a venue to see it go the distance and have the crappy nights put on there they have every year

under the right management / event brands it could easy be filled 4+ nights a week I think.. if Pepe took it on as the new space I think it could of worked (with a little creativity, money thrown into it) resistance nights in there especially the closings are mental busy and although they are not a weekly occurrence it doesn't need to be as busy as those nights even to turn a serious profit and also have a busy venue

think it was Music on closing in there 4 year ago maybe was class
I think you've right, it could have a space-like vibe. Plenty of nooks and crannies and places to get lost in and new areas to discover.

Don't go too up market and flashy (the balcony vip area is fine) so has a bit of a warehouse vibe, but not scruffy with poor facilities like a warehouse 😁

Guess time will tell.

Although if lots of places are thinking of renovating for 2022, probs want to get things moving soon or might find shortage of trades people. (Even with the typical ibiza finishing the work as the doors open type thing)

Back