Majorca

"Mallorca Spotlight"

my mind has been blown for today..... I had no idea. Looks like its been around since 2013!

Stephen, it feels like I have been cheated on, somehow.
every single word since it started in 2009 written in Stephen's back bedroom!

i'm afraid the text and photo glitches happened when we changed the look of the site. i'd forgotten that i had a guest writer that time!

Question: Is the (former) hippie culture a thing in Mallorca too?

Can I lay about nude and have a toppless girl adorned with moon-charged crystals read the colors of my aura, while an assortment of burlap and canvas thonged men drum to the sunset's climax? Its kinda my thing...

There is a serious question up there, somewhere. I want know if Mallorca is an option. From what I can read, it appears that I can safely substitute Magaluf for SanAn in my cake recipe. I actually enjoy being a nightlife-voyeur to the wild yutes there, so that's another ingredient.

Let me know if I am wrong in my assumption(s).

Last edited:
Question: Is the (former) hippie culture a thing in Mallorca too?

Can I lay about nude and have a toppless girl adorned with moon-charged crystals read the colors of my aura, while an assortment of burlap and canvas thonged men drum to the sunset's climax? Its kinda my thing...

There is a serious question up there, somewhere. I want know if Mallorca is an option. From what I can read, it appears that I can safely substitute Magaluf for SanAn in my cake recipe. I actually enjoy being a nightlife-voyeur to the wild yutes there, so that's another ingredient.

Let me know if I am wrong in my assumption(s).

from what I know, no. that doesn't mean nudity on the beaches isn't tolerated though.

The misses and I have made the decision to get married abroad for 2020 and Majorca is looking like a very good option for us at the moment. Were popping over across the last weekend of October for two nights. We're staying near Palma - has anyone got any Tapas recommendations? Were flying out really late Friday so only have one proper night for a nice bite to eat....

bodega la rambla on via roma for tapas.

from what I know, no. that doesn't mean nudity on the beaches isn't tolerated though.

I guess Ibiza pretty unique, then!

One of the things I enjoy most about Ibiza are the gentle, eccentric and spiritual characters that you run into places like Dalias, Cala Conta and Benirras. It is actually more important to me than clubbing. This is balanced by the chaos I enjoy in other areas of the island.

a bit confusing. it isn't mallorca, of which 98% is a knobhead free zone. it is the city of palma, of which 90% is a knobhead free zone. the problem resort for palma is playa de palma where young german schwanzkopfs drink cocktails from buckets, and lager schlager fuelled neo nazis take part in wild west style street brawls armed only with bar stools against the looky lookies. magaluf, which is in calvia, doesn't come under the jurisdiction of palma.

Last edited:
not really. perception and reputation. it‘s incredible how popular that small area inside the big island of mallorca is for a certain target group as stephen very correctly explained.
Is that still going on? It’s not been mentioned in the uk media for a couple of years. Is it all season round or do they congregate for set weeks?

It’s a shame. I really like Majorca. And palma is a terrific city.

Is that still going on? It’s not been mentioned in the uk media for a couple of years. Is it all season round or do they congregate for set weeks?

It’s a shame. I really like Majorca. And palma is a terrific city.

yeah it‘s stil there. mainly in summer. love mallorca too and also agree re palma. in the off-season we‘re over quite often on weekends

the only shame is misleading reports like this one. playa de palma is about 7km from palma and a bus ride down the autobahn. its youthful denizons, mostly high season visitors, never venture beyond the siegfried line. (ditto our gallant british youth in magaluf) however in the other seasons whole bands of well behaved older germans pile onto the buses out of the resort or cycle down the paseo into palma.as i said, palma itself, and the rest of mallorca, have no more problems than other places in europe, just the usual stuff.

yeah it‘s stil there. mainly in summer. love mallorca too and also agree re palma. in the off-season we‘re over quite often on weekends
What a shame. El Arenal is now being heavily marketed by package tour operators towards UK families. I came to this thread after a bot recommendation. I had no idea it was still a neo nazi holiday destination of choice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back