Majorca

Johnny Vodka

Thinking of going to Majorca this year in June. We'll no doubt stay in Palma rather than one of the purpose built tourist resorts, but will have a few nights out in Magaluf, etc. Gonna try and make our visit coincide with whatever Majorca Rocks gig looks best in June. The clubs to try seem to be BCM and Pacha. Anything else we should be doing? Is Palma quite a decent place for hanging out and chilling out? I'm imagining something like Ibiza Town crossed with a smaller mainland city?

Does anyone remember when you only got vacation/holiday ideas from looking in brochures at your local travel agents office or word of mouth? I will go back to my rocking chair and listen to my 8 track of earth wind and fire.:lol:

Funnily enough I was just standing in the kitchen looking through an old brochure I found behind the piano!

Is Palma quite a decent place for hanging out and chilling out? I'm imagining something like Ibiza Town crossed with a smaller mainland city?

i actually go to palma quite a lot and i can't think of any comparison with ibiza town. it has a totally different atmosphere and style about it which suits me perfectly. i find ibiza town caters almost entirely for the house/youth cult and is quite one dimensional - palma attracts on the whole an older crowd - it has no loud music blaring out of bars, its walls and windows aren't besmirched with posters for club this and disco that, AND i can actually afford to booze in its bars and restaurants.

you might want to have a gander at our mallorca spotlight website and fb page which is slowly but surely growing in content

i actually go to palma quite a lot and i can't think of any comparison with ibiza town. it has a totally different atmosphere and style about it which suits me perfectly. i find ibiza town caters almost entirely for the house/youth cult and is quite one dimensional - palma attracts on the whole an older crowd - it has no loud music blaring out of bars, its walls and windows aren't besmirched with posters for club this and disco that, AND i can actually afford to booze in its bars and restaurants.

you might want to have a gander at our mallorca spotlight website and fb page which is slowly but surely growing in content

I'll check out the new site. Cheers! BTW, my experience of Ibiza Town is actually pretty relaxed. It's more a daytime place for me - eating tapas, having a quiet drink at the port, climbing to the top of the fortress, etc!

Stephen is right, in that it would sometimes be nice to sit down and have an ice cream in ibiza town without some pacha prop or other flashing their breasts in your face every 5 minutes. But then we have to be spammed all the time, don't we, even on holiday.

Stephen is right, in that it would sometimes be nice to sit down and have an ice cream in ibiza town without some pacha prop or other flashing their breasts in your face every 5 minutes. But then we have to be spammed all the time, don't we, even on holiday.

I don't mind a breaat flash while I eat ice cream:lol:

I'll check out the new site. Cheers! BTW, my experience of Ibiza Town is actually pretty relaxed. It's more a daytime place for me - eating tapas, having a quiet drink at the port, climbing to the top of the fortress, etc!

if you like tapas then there are some big nights in palma where all the bars organise wine/beer and tapas for cheap prices

vi a vi - last thursday of the month in la lonja to promote good wines tapa €1.5 and wine €1.5

vi a vi - second thursday in the month in santa catalina, palmas boho chic district, ditto above prices

ruta martiana - every tuesday in sa gerreria, palma's soho (NY) district where 27 bars have tapas and drinks for €2

how's that?

as i said there's lots of variety in palma - jazz, indie, comedy, rock, house, soul, bugalu, etc etc - some cool eateries and drinkeries and some big commercial ish discos - tito's abraxus, el divino etc at arounf €15 entry. it also has the biggest botellón in the balearics with about 5000 in attendance on the paseo maritimo on a saturday night. (though i've never been)

10618_179563285024_667045024_3274133_2179446_n.jpg

You will miss this in Majorca

Last edited by a moderator:
Back