Luminosity - Amsterdam

TheGreatRabbit

It was a tough choice to make, but I've decided to substitute a week in Amsterdam with four days of trance on the beach at Luminosity, instead of getting back to Ibiza.

It will be my first time at Lumi, but the lineup looks stacked for a trance head like me. Still, I'm sure the weather and beaches won't come close to measuring up to what Ibiza usually puts on.

Anyone else here doing this one next week?

I'm not going but a mate of mine is one half of Solis and Sean Truby and he's out there playing this weekend :)

True, it wasn't very big -- probably about 6,000 -- but it was totally worth it. A great lineup of DJs who seems to love being there, and even better crowds. I ended up catching up with 30+ friends I knew from other events from all over, like at couple I first met at ASOT in Ibiza two years ago, and made a dozen new friends there.

It was about the best weekend I can remember (OK, I can mostly remember it :D) and I'm already booked for next year.

I really enjoyed it too, although it took me about a week to recover! The sound was poor in the Fuel Main Stage area on the first day, Ferry Corsten's set sounded awful, apart form that and the weather being a bit rough it was a great weekend.

I really enjoyed it too, although it took me about a week to recover! The sound was poor in the Fuel Main Stage area on the first day, Ferry Corsten's set sounded awful, apart form that and the weather being a bit rough it was a great weekend.

Listening back to that set now, as I didn't go the first day. Actually really enjoying it so far.

Good idea, I'd like to hear it properly! I heard the sound was bad on the first day due to some equipment being damaged by the storm earlier.

Good idea, I'd like to hear it properly! I heard the sound was bad on the first day due to some equipment being damaged by the storm earlier.

Correct. There were issues throughout the whole weekend. Cut out during Rank 1s set on the Sunday too.

Did you hear the big explosion that took out the lighting during Sigma's set at the end? Remarkably they got it back up and running before the end (even more remarkably, I managed to cycle back to Haarlem without getting wet!).

Did you hear the big explosion that took out the lighting during Sigma's set at the end? Remarkably they got it back up and running before the end (even more remarkably, I managed to cycle back to Haarlem without getting wet!).

No I missed that. Caught all but the end of Signum's set.

Back