Looking for Trance

Found in a other Forum :-D :-D .... yeapa!!!!!
"The future of Trance in Ibiza is now unclear, as Tropi Bar in San An, a small oasis of pure Trance in a desert of techno and EDM sounds, has announced its closure due to the new licensing laws aimed at exterminating the West End. However, there may be a light at the end of the trance tunnel as rumours suggest the arrival of a new Trance baby conceived on the island. One born of pure blood, ready to shine and take on the mantle as the last Samurai of the genre. It is believed that the old team at Cream, the people in place before the brand was sold to Live Nation in 2012, are involved with an exciting new Trance party set for the Vista Room at Privilege. Already old skool Trance artists like Paul Van Dyk, Cosmic Gate, Lange, Aly and Fly and Paul Oakenfold are being associated with the event which is expected to be confirmed with lineups later this week. All eyes and ears will be waiting with bated breath, to find out what a resurgent Privilege has to offer us in a club that was a temple to trance during Tiesto’s legendary Monday night residency which lasted five seasons."

from dannykayibiza

not a lot no.

mondays at privilege (from july onwards)
wednesdays at hi
and a bit at tropicana bar in san antonio

And some special events around the second weekend of September around Ibiza Trance Event.

I'm definitely missing the days where I'd plan my week there around ASOT Ibiza and Cream at Amnesia :( But a lot of trance fans seem to make it down for ITE weekend so it's worth checking out if you're looking to spend time with your own kind. ;)

Out here at the moment, did FMIF on Thursday and enjoyed it and Heading to Mambo on Tuesday night but really really hoping to get some Trance in before we go on Wednesday evening? Any ideas?

not much around right now I am afraid. try tropicana bar at the bottom of the west end in san antonio.

armin only starts on the day you leave and the second (and only actual real) trance night shine does not start until second week of july

not much around right now I am afraid. try tropicana bar at the bottom of the west end in san antonio.

armin only starts on the day you leave and the second (and only actual real) trance night shine does not start until second week of july
I was looking at trying to find Tropi when we up at Mambo, what are the opening times? Is it more of a cafe/bar than a club? And yeh I know, gutted to be missing Shine, was desperate to see PVD! Proper dream of mine, For An angel live would be a dream come true!

I was looking at trying to find Tropi when we up at Mambo, what are the opening times? Is it more of a cafe/bar than a club? And yeh I know, gutted to be missing Shine, was desperate to see PVD! Proper dream of mine, For An angel live would be a dream come true!

Tropi is a restaurant for this summer so no joy in finding trance there. What I’ve heard is that Tropicana is only playing trance on Thursdays for Trance-Formation and that kicks off 5th July. Other than events at Itaca on Sunday’s throughout July that’s everything trance wise other than what’s been said already

As someone who has been a trance fan since the late 90s, it's been such a shame to see it get slowly but surely destroyed by its own "fanbase".

As someone who is also a techno fan, I worry the same attitude is going to cause it to go the same way

As someone who has been a trance fan since the late 90s, it's been such a shame to see it get slowly but surely destroyed by its own "fanbase".

With a handle like yours, no surprise you’re a fan of classic trance. :D

Though why do you think it’s the trance fan base to blame. Especially thinking about Luminosity in Amsterdam in a week, plus new events like Dreamstate and others like ASOT selling out, to me it seems like trance has some of the most dedicated fans out there.

To me it just seems like trance isn’t “cool” enough - a solid core of fans, but not enough following among the hipper crowd.

I admit I don't really don't pay much mind to the labels as I enjoy pretty much all of it, and many of the DJs create and play tracks across a number of subgenres.

And it's a shame if those subgenres drive some people away as for me, all that variety just makes trance better and more interesting. A show or event where I can catch some Ferry Corsten classic / vocal trance, some Jordan Suckley tech trance, some Bryan Kearney uplifting trance, and some Astrix psytrance sounds like a pretty-perfect night for me. And while Kai Tracid has been playing acid trance since the 90's, I caught him for the first time last summer and had a blast.

I'll keep an ear open for that ketchup trance though ... sounds tasty! :D

Back