Lets face it this year saw the beginning of the end

venom

Ibiza summer 2003 was good but....

- San Antonio was always pretty shoddy, but it does have good sunset bars, cafe mambo's is a good place for a pre-clubbing drink and even though Eden wasn't the best of clubs you could still end up there and have a not bad night out. This yeasr however it was all crap and unless you are a fan of the West End there was no reason to go at all. Eden was full of moody wankers, Cafe Mambo's was full of blokes in checked shirts and the sunset strip was pretty empty every time I went.

- The prices are rising and rising but the service isn't getting any better. Sure Pacha get away charging more for drinks, but I had some serious queueing problems this summer in there.

- Space sound system on the terrace was really low. I was standing in front of the box on my mobile to a mate in England and could hear every word.

- PinUp the big new club of last year turned out to be a damp squid this year.

- Cheesy people, its got too commercial. Loads of people from Marbella came over this Summer. But most of these were standing around laughing at people dancing, thinking they were so much better than anyone else.

- The numbers were down. True the numbers have been down all over Europe this summer, but the only cool people seemed to be the regulars that go every year.

- Where have all the fit women gone? You used to be able to walk around the Town and see supermodels everywhere. Yes there are still loads of nice girls there, but nowhere near as many as other years.

So, what do you lot think? Am I right or am I just moaning about things? Would appreciate your comments as I'm currently chained to a desk in an office bored out of my nut...

What time of the season did you go? I think September is full of cool people everywhere.

btw, isn't it 'damp squib' instead of 'damp squid'? ;)

presumably venom, when you refer to san an as being all bad, it is from a yoof viewpoint. personally, i still have some of my best nights out in san an (and the bay area) without visiting a sunset bar, without seeing a check shirt, (or for that matter those ridiculous keks made from nylon with cords everywhere) without visiting a disco, and where prices have hardly risen and the service has remained excellent.

i think you just went to the wrong places!

venom said:
Ibiza summer 2003 was good but....

- San Antonio was always pretty shoddy, but it does have good sunset bars, cafe mambo's is a good place for a pre-clubbing drink and even though Eden wasn't the best of clubs you could still end up there and have a not bad night out. This yeasr however it was all crap and unless you are a fan of the West End there was no reason to go at all. Eden was full of moody *beep*ers, Cafe Mambo's was full of blokes in checked shirts and the sunset strip was pretty empty every time I went.

Was in Ibiza for 25 days this year, only went to San Antonio twice to go to Kuhmaras and then Kasbah, the play has nothing there for me so I don't go.

- The prices are rising and rising but the service isn't getting any better. Sure Pacha get away charging more for drinks, but I had some serious queueing problems this summer in there.

I didn't notice that prices had gone up that much, we probably spent more cos of exchange rate but drinks prices seemed to be pretty much the same as last year. I had no probs with service anywhere.

- Space sound system on the terrace was really low. I was standing in front of the box on my mobile to a mate in England and could hear every word.

I think the sound levels depend on which day you go on, I went to 4 We Love Sundays and too many Carry Ons :rolleyes: the only time I noticed problem with sound was a bit of Fatboy's set at Closing but Darren Hughes soon sorted that out ;)

- PinUp the big new club of last year turned out to be a damp squid this year.

Had fab time in Pin-Up in June, shame it closed before we got back in September, hope that it gets its licence sorted out for next year.

- Cheesy people, its got too commercial. Loads of people from Marbella came over this Summer. But most of these were standing around laughing at people dancing, thinking they were so much better than anyone else.

Didn't notice but then I was probably too busy dancing and having a good time to worry about other people who weren't :rolleyes:

- The numbers were down. True the numbers have been down all over Europe this summer, but the only cool people seemed to be the regulars that go every year.

If you were at We Love Sundays Closing, Subliminal Closing, Pure Pacha Closing, DC10 on any week, I can't see how you can say numbers are down. Those nights were as busy as I'd ever seen them.

- Where have all the fit women gone? You used to be able to walk around the Town and see supermodels everywhere. Yes there are still loads of nice girls there, but nowhere near as many as other years.

Wasn't looking for fit women lol :p

So, what do you lot think? Am I right or am I just moaning about things? Would appreciate your comments as I'm currently chained to a desk in an office bored out of my nut...

I think Ibiza is what you make it, things do change but I can honestly say I had as good a time in 2003 as I have had any year since 1996.

I agree whit Barbie. Ibiza is what you make it. For me it just keeps getting better every year. I just think you're staying at the wrong place

don't get me wrong, I had a great holiday. But has to be said me and my friends did notice a distinct change from other years.

there was definately a notable change. Promoters are taking the piss even more and giving us less for our wonga!

This keeps up and I might stop goin!

-Well, not really, but Ill be getting mighty pissed off mightymouse stylee!

venom said:
don't get me wrong, I had a great holiday. But has to be said me and my friends did notice a distinct change from other years.

I'm totally agree with you Venom... this year I also felt a chance from other years... :rolleyes:
People so young, not so much cool people, good parties and good places closed for others... no raves :evil: , the rising prices,...

I had a magnificent holidays in Ibiza, but de general quality I think in getting down. :cry: Just my opinion.

Robo said:
yeah, good one babs.

I just find it a very subjective term. I mean what happens if I'm not deemed cool yet I always go in September and that's when the cool people go :rolleyes: am I not welcome at that time :confused: :p

Barbie said:
if I'm not deemed cool yet I always go in September and that's when the cool people go :rolleyes: am I not welcome at that time :confused: :p

u better come in july and august with all us 'un-cool' people.

I think Ibiza has been pop and commercial eversince I started going there and apparently way before that....the ones in "the know" or the ones who have been going for ages sain that Ibiza became really comercialized in the beginning of the ninetees, so I guess it´s a matter of viewpoints......I don´t mind anyone who go there, Ibiza is for everyone and not just the people who think they know everything becuz they went twice, stayed at es vive, got a tan and a drink at salinas and sa trinxa or partied away at DC10 all morning or whatever..... :)

Ibiza is just as lovely or bad as you make it, and "just becuz" you preferred some low key place instead of a big venue doesn´t make you any less of a true clubber or whatever. :!:

Many people on this board have an attitude problem when it comes to defining what´s *"real" or not - really it´s what you make of it. Me, love San An, hate the lager louts - me, love trance and not into house that much (bite me for all I care), me: liking Privelege and not liking Space that much even though many of you have encouraged me to give it another go, me: juast wanna have a good tiem and don´t lik to be judged by ANYONE just becuz of my taste..... :confused:

phweeeew! hehe! hope you all have a nice evening!!!
kisses! 8)

I disagree with most of the stuff said about this year :!:

We didn't notice much increase in the cost of clubs/drinks from last year.

I thought the the clubs made a good effort in general.

And i thought there was a LOT less dickheads and an older clientelle on the whole.

Sorry, but i think every year gets better than the previous :p

And i'm really tired of people moaning about the prices, go to f'in Skeggy if you're looking for cheap :rolleyes:

We set ourselves a decent budget and go have an amazing time - everytime :p

nish said:
there was definately a notable change. Promoters are taking the piss even more and giving us less for our wonga!

This keeps up and I might stop goin!

-Well, not really, but Ill be getting mighty pissed off mightymouse stylee!

Those promoters are the ones who probably felt the pinch this summer.

every night we went to was packed.

Pure Pacha seemed to be my hit of the summer. Was a good idea to have djs booked to complement each other i.e. American night, French night, Tribal night etc

Prices were similar to last year, as Barbie said the exhange rate made everything artifically dearer.

Back