Lets face it this year saw the beginning of the end

PaulSub said:
I've been thinking it's on it's way out since 1997 and every year it's back even stronger but slightly different. So the moral of the story is not to worry too much about it and just fun. Many aspects of what used to be cool are not so great now, but there are plenty of new ones to take there place. There will always be part of the scene that is one step ahead of the crowd, you just need to look for it.

Strong words :!:
Keep your eyes open! Look for new things! You will find PEACE OF MIND 8)

DrewUK said:
venom said:
2. There are NO teens and the people are in general very classy

Well...you won't find many teens on Ibiza if you go to the right places. And Ibiza attracts lots of mature clubbers too.

Is not Ibiza classy enough? I think it really is. Is it not cosmopolitan? Of course it is. There's everything, from classy and very trendy people usually at Pacha or El Divino to hard clubbers generally at Space or DC10. You can also see bohemian, flamboyant, weird people, lots of gay people too.

It's true that in past years Ibiza was even more attractive for risqué and flashy people, or there was another mentality. I've seen pics of Ibiza in the 80's with people walking nearly nude on the busy streets at night. Now it's hard to see that unless it's people walking some parade of a promoter or a bar or something like that.

However there's still a lot of variety, tolerance and liberty (except the club mafia and prices). That's what I like about the island, apart from some other things.

I agree about it having changed from prevoius years, I went 19th sep and it was like a ghost town. Numbers are def down and I felt the people arent as friendly as they have been in previous years.To be honest I was disappointed in Ibiza this year, I think Im going to try somewhere else next year, But I have had some wicked times over there and will return sum day just for the memories. ;)

TigerVlc said:
DrewUK said:
venom said:
2. There are NO teens and the people are in general very classy

Well...you won't find many teens on Ibiza if you go to the right places. And Ibiza attracts lots of mature clubbers too.

Is not Ibiza classy enough? I think it really is. Is it not cosmopolitan? Of course it is. There's everything, from classy and very trendy people usually at Pacha or El Divino to hard clubbers generally at Space or DC10. You can also see bohemian, flamboyant, weird people, lots of gay people too.

It's true that in past years Ibiza was even more attractive for risqué and flashy people, or there was another mentality. I've seen pics of Ibiza in the 80's with people walking nearly nude on the busy streets at night. Now it's hard to see that unless it's people walking some parade of a promoter or a bar or something like that.

However there's still a lot of variety, tolerance and liberty (except the club mafia and prices). That's what I like about the island, apart from some other things.

I agree 100%, but just saying that Mykonos is a very classy place and i would recommend it to anyone. The people are very chic but i wouldn't say flamboyant.

he, he,.....something ironic: i have a dream,...I will wake up tomorrow on ibiza, and we have the year 1988...and all clubs are open air, and ohhh KU is open again,...then i will tell some people how it will be in 15 years,...everybody laughs and ask me which stuff i smoked,...he, he,.... ;)

Back