Lets face it this year saw the beginning of the end

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me Ibiza just gets better with the years, like a fine wine.

And as many said here - Ibiza is what u make of it, so true yet so obvious.

Ibiza is changing but isn't everything :?:

If you just want to have same experiences that you had in past - you'll be disappointed :evil:

Try to open your eyes for new experiences and you'll be satisfied :)

Deep inside I have longing for past but when I go to Ibiza I'm always trying to be open. Like a little baby seeing everything for the first time :!:

Barbie said:
I just find it a very subjective term. I mean what happens if I'm not deemed cool yet I always go in September and that's when the cool people go :rolleyes: am I not welcome at that time :confused: :p

I hope that everybody is invited to have good time. Real Ibiza is about TOLERANCE :!:

Do whatever you like to do
Think whatever you like to think
Be whatever you like to be

PEACE. Somebody who can tolerate differencies without fight is COOL :!:
LOVE. Somebody who can smile to everybody and have good time with anybody is COOL :!:
UNITY. Somebody who can find highest high / when many become one is COOL :!:
RESPECT. Life is wonderful and full of beautiful things. Feel it and BE COOL 8)

People with stereotypes and prejudices aren't cool. :evil:

The West End is exactly the same as it was 20 years ago ... believe me .. even I couldn't believe how it was only the names of the bars that had changed ... and then some only slightly.

I should imagine .. as with anything in life, Ibiza is what you make it ... if you're not getting what you used to from it, then it's time you moved on.

I think what it really comes down to is this.

Ibiza is very expensive.

The older I get the more I have to justify spending that sort of money on a two week holiday as opposed to buying a car or puttng a deposit on a house.

And the question I keep on asking myself is: Yes I love it, but is it really worth it. There are so many other European Holiday destinations which might not be as good as Ibiza, but many I'm sure don't fall short and probably cost a lot less.

I think next year I'm going to have a break and try out the Greek Islands just before I catch a boat to Athens for the Olympics.

Maybe it's time I checked out a more cosmopolitan crowd...

ibiza is not expensive.
clubbing on ibiza is expensive.

it's as simple as that!

how does that saying go?
'you pays your money, and you takes your choice'

venom said:
I think what it really comes down to is this.

Ibiza is very expensive.

The older I get the more I have to justify spending that sort of money on a two week holiday as opposed to buying a car or puttng a deposit on a house.

And the question I keep on asking myself is: Yes I love it, but is it really worth it. There are so many other European Holiday destinations which might not be as good as Ibiza, but many I'm sure don't fall short and probably cost a lot less.

I think next year I'm going to have a break and try out the Greek Islands just before I catch a boat to Athens for the Olympics.

Maybe it's time I checked out a more cosmopolitan crowd...

You could try Mykonos which is ace, but even more expensive than Ibiza :)

trestrazos said:
venom said:
don't get me wrong, I had a great holiday. But has to be said me and my friends did notice a distinct change from other years.

I'm totally agree with you Venom... this year I also felt a chance from other years... :rolleyes:
People so young, not so much cool people, good parties and good places closed for others... no raves :evil: , the rising prices,...

I had a magnificent holidays in Ibiza, but de general quality I think is getting down. :cry: Just my opinion.

No matter what, Ill keep on going - I create my own memories and good times and am not influnced by what the place is thought to be like. Its a place Ill show my kids one day for sure (when they have been produced, delivered and have grown up a bit hehe!)

Sorry Venom

Venom, this time I disagree with you. I appreciated all your previous posts regarding music styles etc..
But this time I think you're just moaning.
I went for the openings in June and everything was great.
The nights were total quality, the people were true clubbers.
I didn't make it in 2002 but comparing this year to 2001, I think the island is just getting better.
I hope that the trend will continue. :D

Re: Sorry Venom

moudire said:
Venom, this time I disagree with you. I appreciated all your previous posts regarding music styles etc..
But this time I think you're just moaning.
I went for the openings in June and everything was great.
The nights were total quality, the people were true clubbers.
I didn't make it in 2002 but comparing this year to 2001, I think the island is just getting better.
I hope that the trend will continue. :D

Same here, i thought this year was tops :D worth every last penny ;)

I've been thinking it's on it's way out since 1997 and every year it's back even stronger but slightly different. So the moral of the story is not to worry too much about it and just fun. Many aspects of what used to be cool are not so great now, but there are plenty of new ones to take there place. There will always be part of the scene that is one step ahead of the crowd, you just need to look for it.

The Island seems quite precious to many of us otherwise, we wouldn’t be having these discussions so, we should just take it for what it is in every visit, don’t expect anything and don’t judge. My experiences have been so different every time and although I’ve seen change, I just accept it just like many other things in our lives. The buzz is still there and will stay there IMO so lets just enjoy :D ;)

Maybe you are just getting older. That probably changed your view on things.

Yea maybe I am going older and the last three/four years have been a little Ibiza over-kill.

I think next year I'm just going to go for a weekend visit and try somewhere else out for my summer breaks.

Mykanos seems to be a firm favourite at the moment.

venom said:
Yea maybe I am going older and the last three/four years have been a little Ibiza over-kill.

I think next year I'm just going to go for a weekend visit and try somewhere else out for my summer breaks.

Mykanos seems to be a firm favourite at the moment.

How old are you matey??

venom said:
Mykonos seems to be a firm favourite at the moment.

The clubs aren't on par with Ibiza, but: -

1. The old town is beautiful
2. There are NO teens and the people are in general very classy
3. The beaches are amazing - Bora Bora eat your heart out
4. The bars are exquisite, especially 'Caprice' , Remezzo etc
5. The restaurants are very good
6. The shops are wicked (if you're female that is)
7. Its very small so easy to visits all places

8)

rustywoo said:
DrewUK said:
2. There are NO teens and the people are in general very classy
8)

Compared to what?

Compared to nothing :!:

Ok, I'll have to rephrase to make the point clearer >

2. It 'seems' to attract the more 'mature' crowd (if that floats your boat)

:rolleyes:

Back