Lame to fame

Went to a wedding where the bloke who played Jake Moon from Eastenders (ex-The Office) was best man. Met him at the groom's house the day before - he was really sound and funny.

Jayne Middlemiss sat next to me at breakfast at the Malmaison (scraping with this one)

My mate flew Jay Z and Beyonce to Glastonbury in his Chopper.

Some of these have been discussed elsewhere but I'll play:

Shook Bill Clinton's hand and chatted with US TV presenter Katie Couric at the USA v Ghana World Cup match (Mick Jagger and CNN's Wolf Blitzer were also sitting nearby)

Met and chatted with Naomi Campbell at a couple of parties this year

At one of those, also met and chatted with Simon LeBon and accidentally bopped Jennifer Lopez on the head while dancing nearby (she and Marc Antony are tiny people!)

Met and chatted with Dame Helen Mirren (ex Elena Mironova) at a reception a couple of weeks ago

Sat in the box with Christine Bleakly at Chelsea earlier this season, but I didn't notice her at all. Was told later she was there.

Went to a party for fashion jewelry designer Stephen Webster last month. Nice bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these have been discussed elsewhere but I'll play:

Shook Bill Clinton's hand and chatted with US TV presenter Katie Couric at the USA v Ghana World Cup match (Mick Jagger and CNN's Wolf Blitzer were also sitting nearby)

Met and chatted with Naomi Campbell at a couple of parties this year

At one of those, also met and chatted with Simon LeBon and accidentally bopped Jennifer Lopez on the head while dancing nearby (she and Marc Antony are tiny people!)

Met and chatted with Dame Helen Mirren (ex Elena Mironova) at a reception a couple of weeks ago

Sat in the box with Christine Bleakly at Chelsea earlier this season, but I didn't notice her at all. Was told later she was there.

Went to a party for fashion jewelry designer Stephen Webster last month. Nice bloke.

Aye - you've got Clinton and J-Lo but c'mon, Jayne Middlemiss?! :lol:

Felicity Kendal smiled at me while when I saw her trying on a suit in a shop in Bond Street.

I helped lay the drainage and concrete the foundations for a house being built for a producer of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

I worked on an extension on John Bly's (Antiques Roadshow) house.

A kid in my class in the mid 70's was in a tv series. I can't remember what the show was called but the theme tune was Run rabbit.
"Run rabbit - run rabbit - Run! Run! Run!"

The missus was in an Aussie, kids tv show when she was about 6. It was called Pied Piper. ( Interviews with children in which they talk about their daily lives, give their opinions on all sorts of things and tell riddles.) :snigger

Last edited by a moderator:
When I applauded an Arsenal goal at West Ham on Sat, Kris Akabusi said the stewards would throw me out if I carried on.

Beat that!:lol:

Meet Henrik Larsson twice.
Met Gordon Ramsey on a random street in NYC.
Served blind mickey from BB shoes in work (was an interesting experience trying to sell shoes to a blind guy to say the least)
Met someone from eastenders in cafe mambo then later in boho (played Sonia's boyfriend in eastenders years ago)

Perfect timing for this thread.

I was in a hotel this morning doing a pitch to clients in one of the meeting rooms on the ground floor.

Behind the clients was a ground floor window.

I'd just started doing my pitch and Alex Reid (cagefighter/Jordan bloke) walks up to the window, looks in and walks away.

Was a Bizarre moment.

:lol:

Perfect timing for this thread.

I was in a hotel this morning doing a pitch to clients in one of the meeting rooms on the ground floor.

Behind the clients was a ground floor window.

I'd just started doing my pitch and Alex Reid (cagefighter/Jordan bloke) walks up to the window, looks in and walks away.

Was a Bizarre moment.

:lol:

:lol::lol:

I had dinner with Westlife -_- Worst moment ever considering my mum and sister were huge fans and all i wanted to do was eat my dinner and go on the rides in Florida. I was 9 years old and i was on holiday! Maybe if could have dinner with them now I'm 20 years old I would of asked them if i could write there music aha.

Was stood at the bar in Chester city centre Travelodge on Saturday evening, barmaid went to another guy (who was stood with a m8, and part of a big group) before me (even though I had been there ahead of the guy). He politely nodded and said it's this gentleman before me, I thanked him and placed my order.

A few minutes later the barmaid came from behind the bar and went to the table of the big group, laughing and giggling ensued. A few clicks, flashes and photo's later, it dawned on me the guy at the bar had been Kirk of Coronation Street fame!

Back