KM5 vs Bambuddha Grove

cookie

Which one would you say is nicer in terms of food / surroundings / atmosphere? We're thinking of spending an evening at one of these and would appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Well you know I love KM5, I have only been to Bambuddha Grove the once and I wasn't overly impressed with it but the food is Thai influenced and I'm not a big Thai food eater so I think that could have something to do with it.

I found Bambuddha Grove a bit more commercial as well.

Thanks babs, thought bambuddha may be a bit more comercial from earlier posts ;)

Am thinking KM5 now then

Where is KM5? (Yeah I know I should do the search thing but it's the Monday after a heavy weekend so c'mon!)

We always saw KM5 while driving but feel in love with Bambuddha Grove -so BGrove was my spot this summer.

this is so disappointing! i thought this post was an eagerly awaited report from the ibiza bar and restaurant 5-a-side football league.

malibu are hot favourites for the title given the number of ringers on their team.

djb

K said:
You'll find it at the 5km milestone on the San Jose- Ibiza road.

true!! :p

Km5-sign.jpg

I'd say KM 5 if you were going to hang out, but Bambuddha Grove if you're going to eat.

Actually, in July I ate at B.G. and went right to KM5 afterwards- both are great.

scoobynewby said:
when is a good time to go to KM5?? is it good around early evening?how long does it take to get there from San An??

It opens at 9pm. We normally go and eat there about 10pm and then have few drinks in the garden afterwards.

From San Antonio it is about 20-30 min taxi ride.

is there anything near by or do people go there then move on to the clubbing destination?

sounds nice sitting in the garden

scoobynewby said:
is there anything near by or do people go there then move on to the clubbing destination?

I normally use KM5 for my night off in Ibiza but plenty of people go there for food/drinks and then head to clubs later.

It's in the middle of nowhere so you need taxi/car.

Barbie said:
scoobynewby said:

I normally use KM5 for my night off in Ibiza but plenty of people go there for food/drinks and then head to clubs later.

It's in the middle of nowhere so you need taxi/car.

How much is it in a taxi?

gecko2 said:
How much is it in a taxi?

From San Antonio Bay I think it was about 20 euros but this is going back a couple of years, from Playa den Bossa only about 8 euros.

They will call a taxi for you as well when you want to go home.

Cookie, went to Bambdudda Grove two fridays ago on our first night in Ibiza. Great setting but the service was so poor I can't tell you! We got there at 10 - table booked for 11 and thought we would have a drink at the bar first. We ended waiting until 12.15 for our table - my boyfriend is much more patient that me, I was all for getting a taxi outta there at 11.30! Anyway we got our main course at around 1.15 - I was starving, he was falling asleep and to be honest, we could have eaten a hot dog & chips and it would have tasted the same - waiting so long anything would have tasted good!

Not impressed really. The food wasn't fantastic and the dj (who did nothing all evening really) could have been stuffed :lol: The "chilled" music bored the tits off us after an hour - god! I sound like a nag but I know good restaurants when I see them and that wasn't one!

Give the Grove a miss if I were you - not worth wasting an evening like we did!

DrewUK took us to a really nice restaurant in the town, nice setting and very relaxed - could have stayed there all night 8)

Back