KM5 vs Bambuddha Grove

I would never reserve a table in any restaurant in ibiza, I know the island and the ibicencos too much ;) ,.... spanish people have different measure of time,...but KM5 is an "artclub",...never would go for dinner there,....also im not interested in the DJ....you have a mouth to speak to eachother ;) :D :D :D

If you have a dj in any establishment you expect them to be doing something, I didn't really see the point in having him there. I agree with you about the time aspect but three hours is pushing it ;)

yeah but im not going to a "bar" because of the dj!?!....maybe the people going to KM5 axpect something totaly different then it really is,....I remember years ago, when i was the first time there I was soooooo booooored, but now i like the place,...think its a place for the let say 28+ or 29, he, he,....

KM5 as well as Bambuddha are 2 mindblowing places when it comes to the interioeure and the design. The places have become my 2 Ibizan Favourites for sure!

Bambuddha is more oriental, KM5 more Maroccan style.
The surroundings are both perfect i couldnt chose which one I´d prefer.
Foodwise, I think KM5 was the best, but a tad more expensive, definately as far as drinks goes. The service at KM5 was definately better.
Bambuddha is gorgeous and very asian inspired, so if you like Thia - go there - if you like more "oridinary" dishes and are a big on meat type of person, try KM5 for the Entrecote or Chicken. :eek:

Bambuddha serve larger portions all together, where as it was more of a risky business at KM5 - My husband got the pasta of the day - 3 bites for 12 euros and then that was it, rediculously small amount of food, but heavenly tasty. :p

both places deserve a try as it´s an altogether beautiful and tasy experience. the 2 cannot be compared really, but they just have their beauty in common, as well as trendy allure for the cooler people :D

Kang said:
Cookie, went to Bambdudda Grove two fridays ago on our first night in Ibiza. Great setting but the service was so poor I can't tell you! We got there at 10 - table booked for 11 and thought we would have a drink at the bar first. We ended waiting until 12.15 for our table - my boyfriend is much more patient that me, I was all for getting a taxi outta there at 11.30! Anyway we got our main course at around 1.15 - I was starving, he was falling asleep and to be honest, we could have eaten a hot dog & chips and it would have tasted the same - waiting so long anything would have tasted good!

Not impressed really. The food wasn't fantastic and the dj (who did nothing all evening really) could have been stuffed :lol: The "chilled" music bored the tits off us after an hour - god! I sound like a nag but I know good restaurants when I see them and that wasn't one!

Give the Grove a miss if I were you - not worth wasting an evening like we did!

DrewUK took us to a really nice restaurant in the town, nice setting and very relaxed - could have stayed there all night 8)

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time at bambuddah, looks like we're gonna give KM5 a go anyway.

cookie said:
Oh dear, looks like it's fish and chips in the west end for me then :confused:

Yeah Jamie you know your place, you're not 'cool' enough to hang around with the 'cool' people of Ibiza lol ;)

Barbie said:
Yeah Jamie you know your place, you're not 'cool' enough to hang around with the 'cool' people of Ibiza lol ;)

:cry: :cry: :cry:

And not a whiff of an invite to jade jaggers this year ;)

cookie said:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

And not a whiff of an invite to jade jaggers this year ;)

Just face it you're going to have to hang around with the riff-raff and civilians this year ;)

Maybe if you're really really lucky you'll be deemed 'cool' enough to eat at KM5 but they'll give you the worse table cos they don't want the likes of you lowering the tone of the place lol ;)

well we sure had out laughs at that place, although the waiters obviously didnt appreciate our loud manners. As the wine kicked in and the jokes became more and more twisted at KM5 - We were pretty annoying to some people I could imagine!

DJ Biff said:
this is so disappointing! i thought this post was an eagerly awaited report from the ibiza bar
and restaurant 5-a-side football league.

malibu are hot favourites for the title given the number of ringers on their team.
correct!! :p

one of the regulars at malibu every summer is josé antonio camacho. he is the guy with black
t-shirt in the last picture hanging on the wall - behind the lobster:

kimorg-20000703-153658.jpg

What about comparing La Diosa and Las Dalias to KM5 and Bambuddha Grove? Are they in a higher standard? high-class? or could they be in the same ranking?

that I wouldnt know, I just know if you like gorgeous settings and good chicken, then visit Bambuddha. Its a great atmosphere there, and KM5 was absolutely stunning too! Verty expensive tho, but also gorgeous moroccan settings and great service there, especially!

La Diosa is a higher class IMO but there's no way that Las Dalias could be refered to as 'high class'

Never been, might go...I wanna try as many good places as possible, but that doesnt mean I wont be going to Bambuddha again this year (if I can find it haha!) :lol: :oops:

Back