Khumaras Bar Advice .........

puppylover said:
......Is it up there with the sunset strip or is it more chilled, quiet, less busy, Please advise... ta

haven't been myself but this place is a MUST from all the comments and advice on here
soooooooooo chilled, beautiful sunsets
nice food drink, local peeps

oooh puppylover i am 100% doing this this time around :D :D :D

It's right the other side to the sunset hole (sorry strip :p ;) ) if you're in San Antonio Town head towards the Bay and carry on round the coast for about 2 miles and you'll get there.

A million times better than Mambos, Savannahs et al imo :D

klingclubber said:
puppylover said:
......Is it up there with the sunset strip or is it more chilled, quiet, less busy, Please advise... ta

haven't been myself but this place is a MUST from all the comments and advice on here
soooooooooo chilled, beautiful sunsets
nice food drink, local peeps

oooh puppylover i am 100% doing this this time around :D :D :D

Excellent, I've got a villa this year in Port des Torrent so it sounds like its just a hop, skip and and a jump from there to the bar.... sounds like its a true Ibiza experience as well compared to the touristy sunset strip - When are you there Kingclubber?

puppylover said:
Excellent, I've got a villa this year in Port des Torrent so it sounds like its just a hop, skip and and a jump from there to the bar.... sounds like its a true Ibiza experience as well compared to the touristy sunset strip - When are you there Kingclubber?

i'm going out on 23rd August

when i'll be in khumaras hmmmmmmmmm dunno?

u? :D

klingclubber said:
puppylover said:

i'm going out on 23rd August

when i'll be in khumaras hmmmmmmmmm dunno?

u? :D

I fly out on 15/8 for 2 weeks so will be in there several times if it is as good as yourself and Barbie reckon - may see you there!!!

I will be the ladee with the beatific smile and a large drink in my hand..... wallowing in happiness.... ;)

puppylover said:
I fly out on 15/8 for 2 weeks so will be in there several times if it is as good as yourself and Barbie reckon - may see you there!!!

I will be the ladee with the beatific smile and a large drink in my hand..... wallowing in happiness.... ;)

excellent i'll look out for you :D ;)

have a look at my signature to see wot i look like

i too will have a HUGE grin on me ;)

see u there i hope! :D

klingclubber said:
puppylover said:

Excellent - will look out for you....

How do I do that? look at yur "signature" that is.......

puppylover said:

Excellent - will look out for you....

How do I do that? look at yur "signature" that is.......[/quote]

bottom of every post i post :D ;)

The place is cool but a bit twisted with all the hippie wannabies there, playing thier drums and doing yoga and stuff. They even had yogaclass when I was there the last time haha!

its gorgeous, you dont get much to eat when you order but the drinks are cool and the place has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, definately a to-do thingy!

thanks guys - dunno about the yoga bit no where near as flexible as I used to be.

This is the first year I have stayed In Port des Torrents - normally I am on the other side of the island, anyone else out there got any advice on good/bad bits of this area? much appreciated!!!

i personally wouldn't go to kumharas.
music too loud to hold a conversation
service non too clever. i waited 20 minutes for the waitress to meander in our direction and then she didn't bring glasses for my beer.
prices far to high - what am i paying for?
why oh why is there any need for a third world market place in a bar?

so why not try ses palmeres in pdt for a bit of sophistication and beautiful food.
es torrent bar on the beach for a bit of relaxed atmosphere
colmado maria theresa for an andalucian style lunch
there's even an erotic club in pdt now. - next to el magon restaurant.

there's plenty to do around the area - try es barraguet at cala bassa for live hippy music on saturdays without the hype of kumharas!

get out and explore

Barbie said:
It's right the other side to the sunset hole (sorry strip :p ;) ) if you're in San Antonio Town head towards the Bay and carry on round the coast for about 2 miles and you'll get there.

great directions Babs!! :lol:

dance4life said:
Barbie said:

great directions Babs!! :lol:

Cheeky monkey, next time you're out there I am personally going to lead you by the hand and direct you there :p ;)

hehe, the sunset hole, never heard that place being referred to as a hole! hmmm i wonder what the funders of Cafe Dle mar would think of that! :eek:

Ibiza-girlie said:
hehe, the sunset hole, never heard that place being referred to as a hole! hmmm i wonder what the funders of Cafe Dle mar would think of that! :eek:

I don't personally like Mambos, del Mar, Savannahs these days. I used to go but found that since about 1999 they have gone downhill and basically just an extension to the West End, just my opinion tho.

you may be right, i dunno...First time I went to Beeefa, was in 2000 and i absolutely fell in love with Savannah right there! I have great memories from that spot, have seen great sunsets and cant think of anything bad to say. I love it when its crowded, to hear the people cheer the sun down and clap once it´s drifted away...I think that´s one of the best parts of the Island.

Ibiza-girlie said:
you may be right, i dunno...First time I went to Beeefa, was in 2000 and i absolutely fell in love with Savannah right there! I have great memories from that spot, have seen great sunsets and cant think of anything bad to say. I love it when its crowded, to hear the people cheer the sun down and clap once it´s drifted away...I think that´s one of the best parts of the Island.

Each to their own, I just can't think of anything worse than watching a sunset with some of the idiots that find there way down there these days.

Back