Kaka to Man City !!

I like how the article says:
"[Mark Hughes] has only secured the services of Wayne Bridge in January's transfer window, with bids rejected for West Ham forward Craig Bellamy and Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz."

Oh well, we couldn't get Craig Bellamy so we might as well settle for Kaka :lol:

its a rediculous and obscene amount of money.

was it only 30yrs ago that Trevor Francis was the first £1m player!

intelligent*, millionaire footballers with successful careers are unlikely to take the risk of moving to a struggling side, no matter how many carrots are dangled, which is why there isn't exactly a queue of globetrotters forming to join the club...

*Robinho not generally considered intelligent by the Spanish press...

*Robinho not generally considered intelligent by the Spanish press...

and they of course would know?

to be honest our new found wealth is something of a burden, which is why there are 2 prices in the prem league...the market value and the value to Man City, which is generally 20-50% above the true market value. Add to that the fact that we are a team in transition this January is proving a tough one to do business in. All this talk of Kaka. Messi et al is very nice and sells newspapers and gets little idiots in a tizz and sets the same little idiots against us. But I would rather we bought bellamy, parker (or a similar mifield thug) RSC, Shay Given and a decent or pair of centre halves eg Lescott & Toure, trim the squad of the ball watchers and get to the summer and evaluate then!! if we get Kaka now, great, but I dont think it will be an instant fix. If you look at who MH has brought in (with the exception of Ben Haim) Kompany, SWP, Robhino have all done well, so I do trust his judgement. I think the next 2 weeks will see us bring in those players at greatly inflated prices, but that comes with the territory!!

Money/Ambition = top players
Top Players = more top players & sucesss

Bring it On!!!!

and they of course would know?

to be honest our new found wealth is something of a burden, which is why there are 2 prices in the prem league...the market value and the value to Man City,
:lol:

NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!

..... this January is proving a tough one to do business in. All this talk of Kaka. Messi et al is very nice and sells newspapers and gets little idiots in a tizz

Though if you managed to get someone along the lines of Kaka, can you imagine the other world class players wanting to be part of what you're trying to achieve ?? :eek:

All you'd need then is a world class manager !! :lol: ;)

why would we want basketball players??

feckin donkeymilker :rolleyes:

harlem globetrotters - term re-adopted in football, often used to describe Madrid's policy of recruiting established superstars - ultimately ending in tears when egos tore the dressing room apart (see also Barca, last season). Hughes is untested here - can he handle all the primadonnas?

if, as you prefer, he opts for a load of local journeymen, then it might save their Prem status but I suspect the Arabs will want flair players in, to sell to their markets - so all up in the air - it would be really embarrassing to have to resort to clowns like Bellamy.

yours, the 'donkeymilker' :lol:

harlem globetrotters - term re-adopted in football, often used to describe Madrid's policy of recruiting established superstars - ultimately ending in tears when egos tore the dressing room apart (see also Barca, last season). Hughes is untested here - can he handle all the primadonnas?

if, as you prefer, he opts for a load of local journeymen, then it might save their Prem status but I suspect the Arabs will want flair players in, to sell to their markets - so all up in the air - it would be really embarrassing to have to resort to clowns like Bellamy.

yours, the 'donkeymilker' :lol:

needs must at the minute, bellamy, parker et al are not my fave players but too many teams enjoy playing us at the minute, that type of player are not easy to play against. as for prima donnas, there is/was some unrest that seemed for the main part to be centered around elano (who has a rep for this type of thing, he came tagged with a warning from shaktar doneskt) and the young & easliy influenced Jo which MH seems to be sorting out and may result in being elano sold and jo farmed out on loan, I dunno, I like his rhetoric though (talks cheap yes) and it's refreshing that the board are behind him for now. In truth it is a bit of a mess but it was never going to be sorted out over night...!!!

in truth, I don't mind Man City that much - wealth or not. All those years of suffering - the heroism of Shaun Goater, the various managers, the inbuilt masochism - I kind of warm to that

the really VILE clubs for me, imo (for various reasons) are Chelsea, Man Utd, Leeds, Millwall, MK Dons, Real Madrid, Rangers

I wouldn't class Parker a thug but I do know where you are coming from as you did have Joey Barton.

I agree with what you are saying regarding prices as we are holding out £12 mill for Bellamy which is crazy money (will take £8 plus Sturridge and Johnson though;)!). Excellent player but he is due an injury very soon and also nearing 30s so will not have any future sell on value. Also when we got relegated clubs were offering 300k for players like Joe Cole. Luckily Chelsea came in and paid £6m for Glen Johnson after 16 games and therefore started getting reasonable money in again.

I thought it was bit silly when you bought Benjani as he was hardly prolific at Pompey. I just think that some of the players who City have brought in are just there for the dough and not pulling their weight. Steven Ireland has been player of the season for me and should be in the PFA team at the end of the season.

I cannot see Kaka coming now, maybe in the summer. AC are in UEFA cup and 3rd in the league and so getting back into Champions League is their priority. Selling Kaka would not help their cause but they could get a lot of players in but are AC that short of dough? Also for them to buy players after selling Kaka they too would have to bay over the odds. Boa Morte is available mind you some would prefer Riga-morte!

Also don't you love everyone having an opinion on your club?? Being a Hammer we get it all the time as we seem to be in the paper everyday being sued by someone different everyday.

needs must at the minute, bellamy, parker et al are not my fave players but too many teams enjoy playing us at the minute, that type of player are not easy to play against. as for prima donnas, there is/was some unrest that seemed for the main part to be centered around elano (who has a rep for this type of thing, he came tagged with a warning from shaktar doneskt) and the young & easliy influenced Jo which MH seems to be sorting out and may result in being elano sold and jo farmed out on loan, I dunno, I like his rhetoric though (talks cheap yes) and it's refreshing that the board are behind him for now. In truth it is a bit of a mess but it was never going to be sorted out over night...!!!

Well Mourinho could be on the way in the summer to take over. He would love all though dough and probably move next door to Fergie just to get on his t1ts.

in truth, I don't mind Man City that much - wealth or not. All those years of suffering - the heroism of Shaun Goater, the various managers, the inbuilt masochism - I kind of warm to that

the really VILE clubs for me, imo (for various reasons) are Chelsea, Man Utd, Leeds, Millwall, MK Dons, Real Madrid, Rangers

we're the team everyone loves to love :lol:

agree on man u :lol:

MK dons?? explain what they done to you??

we're the team everyone loves to love :lol:

agree on man u :lol:

MK dons?? explain what they done to you??

I lived near Wimbledon when they killed the club and upped sticks to the middle of nowhere. There was a lot of bad feeling and massive support defected to AFC Wimbledon.

I personally don't give a flying fk about English football but like to stick my oar in when there's a discussion. Barca for me all the way, always :D

Back