Just Tell us how it was - Summer Season 2004

Dates you were there: 24th July - 5th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): First 6 nights Villa Maria, San Rafel. Last 5 nights Sol Bahia Apartments, San Antonio.

Club nights visited: Release Yourself @ Pacha, Miss Moneypennys @ El Divino, Carry On with Barbara Tucker @ Space, Defected @ El Divino, DefMix @ Pacha.

Best Night: Defected; amazing music and atmosphere.

Worst Night: Moneypennys; rubbish music and NO atmosphere!

Best Bar: Coastline; cool, stylish, friendly service, great views and pretty decent music. Great for sunbathing during the day too.

Best Place to Eat: Sa Capella; wonderful food, service and surroundings. Perfect for a romantic special night out.

Money Spent: Not checked yet, but somewhere around the £2000 mark for 2 of us.

Biggest Regret: Not booking parasailing in time before flying home, and not making it to Space when the roof terrace was open.

Going Back?: Should be over for a long weekend during September!!

Top Tip: Hook your bag under a chair leg/sunbed leg when you're out and about - I got deliberately distracted by a black French guy whose friend stole my bag in the terrace at Kanya. Lost expensive camera and 10 days worth of photos plus other stuff. Tip Number 2: If you go to the Gaurdia Civil (like I did, to get a report for insurance purproses), take a Spanish speaker as they speak no English whatsoever at the station. The guy who worked behind the bar at Sol Bahia Apartments took me and without him things would have been impossible.

found my missing piece!

Dates you were there: 30/07/04 - 04/08/04
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Bellamar
Club nights visited: Es Paradise Sat and Space Sun
Best Night: Sunday @ Space & Monday @ Sugar Scene on Sunset Strip
Worst Night: Tuesday 3rd cos I had to leave
Best Bar: Sugar Scene and the one next door and Beach Bar
Best Place to Eat: Indian restaurant up the road from Cafe del Mar
Money Spent: £100 - expected to spend £300
Biggest Regret: None
Going Back?: Deffo!
Top Tip: Follow your gut instinct!

I'd firstly like to say how sorry I am that not everyone had such a good time in Ibiza. There are some sad stories on here which is a huge shame.

I was an Ibiza virgin... and half anticipated spending 4 days sitting on the side lines watching some thing like Ibiza Uncovered. How wrong I was! I was swept up into the very heart of this spiritual and fun Island.

Es Paradise on Saturday was amazing... Was the first person in there and got a very comfy seat, sprawled on 5 huge cushions inbetween the pillars around the dance floor... lay there for hours until the dance floor started to fill with water at around 5 and a member of staff timidly took my cushions from me one by one... I was close to tears, lol! Before this I met 2 smashing beautiful belgium boys with whom I played a rather scrumptious game of pass the ice cube via kissing. It was an experience I will hold in my heart forever, significant to the closure of my single life.

Sunday I was lying in bed having had about 6 hours rest... I couldn't sleep cos the air con was on and the noise kept turning into music. Unfortunately I didn't realise I could get my ass out of bed and turn it off! Ooops! So at about 2pm I'm thinking... I can either stay in bed (after all I'm on holiday), go lie by the pool and rest further, or I can go to Bora Bora. Needless to say the latter won, so I jumped in the shower and headed off there with nowt more than a bikini, sarong, sandles, sunglasses, summit to smoke and about 20 euros.

What can I say about Bora Bora??? As soon as I walked round the corner from the side street I felt such an amazing energy rush. I bought a drink, noticed a very good looking guy at the bar, and dismissed him just as quickly, and went to join the vibe. Danced for a while, soaking up the amosphere, then went for a wander round the bar. Having noticed a space to sit down on a table at the front of the bar (next to the dishy fella!) I plonked me bum down and continued to feel the vibe. Shortly after said dishy fella asks "You ok sweetheart" and that was that. We spent the following 3 days together.

Words cannot describe how beautiful my experience of Ibiza was. I truly felt at home and believe Ibiza to be a very spiritual place. I have found the missing piece to my jigsaw and more. I will be going back there without a shadow of a doubt hopefully sooner rather than later.

I hope there are others out there who have enjoyed their Ibizan experience as much as I have.

greatest summer ever!

Dates you were there: june 30th - july 14th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): hotel orosol, san antoino

Club nights visited: yoshitoshi@pacha, most wanted@privilege, judgement sunday@eden, cream@amnesia, tunnel@privilege, cocoon@amnesia.

Best Night: i don't really know.. but everyone should visit amnesia, and listen to SVEN VÄTH!! he's freakin' amazing!

Worst Night: hm.. i have to say most wanted@privilege

Best Bar: sgt. peppers in san antonio!! great!

Best Place to Eat: casa maria, in san antonio!

Money Spent: hm.. about 1600€

Biggest Regret: i reget inviting our nabors down to party, they put LSD in my drink and i had a badtrip for several hours... haha.. and not bringing enough money..

Going Back?: yes acctually, i'm going back september 6th. this year. so if anyone would like to party, just send an e-mail!

Top Tip: i have many.. bring much MUCH money, cause water is xpensive in the clubs. if you're an absolute non-drug fanatic, don't go to clubs.. oh screw it, just GO THERE!! thats the best tip :):):):)

DATES: 2-16th July
RESORT/HOTEL: Bossa park in Plya den bossa
CLUBS: Hed Kandi at el divino
BEST NIGHT: hed kandi
WORST NIGHT: not really any night, apart from coming home!
BESTBAR: Savvanahs or if you want dirt cheap booze go to UNOs Bodega bar in Bossa
BEST PLACE TO EAT; KM5, NEVER GO TO PRINCIPIE in Figarettus.
MONEY SPENT; a hell of alot, probably £1700!! for 2 people for 2 weeks!
BIGGEST REGRET; not going clubbing more and not hiring a car
GOING BACK? YESSSSSSSS!!!!!
TOP TIP: take more money than you need, explore the island and go to formenterra!

kentie_ollie,

did you include accomodations and transportation in the total amount of money you spent? How much do you think you need if you don't have to pay neither for accom. nor transp.?

Dates you were there: 29/07-12/08
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Playa Real, Talamanca
Clubs nights visited: judgement sundays @ eden, meganite @ privilege, carl cox @ space, cream @ amnesia
Best Night: cream @ amnesia
Worst Night: meganite @ privilege
Best Bar: el divino in eivissa ;)
Best Place to Eat: la Barraca
Money Spent: about 1000 euro
Biggest Regret: my ears ringin' for a week :oops:
Going Back?: of course :!:
Top Tip: have fun, don't think about anything ;)

Dates you were there: 16/07-30/07
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bossa Mar, PDB
Clubs nights visited: we love sunday @ space x2 carl cox @ space x2, manumission @privledge, subliminal @ pacha, cocoon @ amnesia, circo loco @ dc10, manumisson carry on @space, in bed with space @space
Best Night: We love Sundays
Worst Night: Manumission
Best Bar: Bora Bora
Best Place to Eat: Bel Sito
Money Spent: 2100 euro
Biggest Regret: none
Going Back? yes
Top Tip: rent a car/bike

Dates you were there: July 31 - August 14
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartment complex by Hotel Milord
Club nights visited: Judgement x 2, Subliminal, Retro x 2, Defected, Urban Flavas, Garlands x 2, Kiss FM (monday at Eden), MoS x 2, Slinky x 2
Best Night: Defected w/ Junior Jack & Kid Creme @ El Divino
Worst Night: Urban Flavas @ Eden (really went to just see a friend)
Best Bar: PLASTIK PLASTIK PLASTIK
Best Place to Eat: Coastline Cafe
Money Spent: MUCH TOO MUCH
Biggest Regret: Still not seeing Space, especially with Tall Paul playing
Going Back?: Wasn't planning on it before, but after... DEFO YES YES YES!!!
Top Tip: Go check out PLASTIK, you won't regret it!!! And be nice to people. I still don't get why people work so hard to be an ass when it's so easy to be nice.

Cheers,
Terry

Dates you were there: 7th august - 22nd !!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): san antonio ~ laura satalya

Club nights visited: amnesia, privelidge, eden ( bout 5 times ) es paradis,

Best Night: es paradis ( helter skelter ) Or the booze cruise with club 18 - 30

Worst Night: Stayin In my apartments cuz i was too ill to move !

Best Bar: Play 2 club !

Best Place to Eat: erm .....

Money Spent: bout 1 grand for 2 weeks

Biggest Regret: sunbathing with no factor on ! ouch ! lol

Going Back?: for defo Ibiza 2005 !!

Top Tip: wana get sorted for the clubs go to the ship inn In the west end ! lol
[/b]

Dates you were there: 31/07 - 14/08
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Rosamar, San An Bay
Clubs nights visited: we love sunday @ space x2 carl cox @ space, cocoon @ amnesia, subliminal @ pacha, renaissance @ pacha x2
Best Night: Carl Cox @ Space
Worst Night: Subliminal
Best Bar: Coastline
Best Place to Eat: Tijuanas !
Money Spent: £1200 approx
Biggest Regret: not getting to Formentera
Going Back? yep, closing party Oct 3rd !
Top Tip: drink lots and eat well.

Dates you were there: 24/07 - 27/07
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Garbi, PDB
Clubs nights visited: we love @ space, judgment sundays, manumission, manu carry on @ space
Best Night: actually, the best day was after the Manumission Carry On at Bora Bora
Worst Night: not enough time to have a bad one!
Best Place to Eat: hotel room (fine dining not a priority for this brief trip)
Money Spent: $1200 approx
Biggest Regret: absolutely none!
Going Back? Maybe in a few years with some little ones -- can't wait to take them to Bora Bora!! ;)
Top Tip: stay in a hotel with air conditioning and don't skimp on sustenance!

Dates you were there: 13th til 20th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Nautico Ebeso, Figueretes

Club nights visited: 15th birthday Space, Tunnel Trance, Moneypennys@El Divino, Cream@Amnesia
Best Night: def Cream
Worst Night: def Tunnel Trance (why did I do that :rolleyes: )
Best Place to Eat: :?:
Money Spent: 500 Euros
Biggest Regret: 1. Tunnel Trance 2. to leave Ibiza
Going Back?: def (let´s see, what my husband is thinkin about :D )
Top Tip: Don´t stay at Nautico Ebeso (though they have ac, but food is bad, rooms are badly soundproof)!

I have to add a point: I was soooo happy to meet broiler and his mate, canadian_nate and piggy at Space!!!! Hope to see you next year, sweeties!

[/b]

Dates you were there: 15th til 17th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Jordi
Club nights visited: 15th birthday Space,
Best Night: 15th birthday Space,
Best Bar: The one on the new roof terrace
Best Place to Eat: the bar on the left of the terrace or las dos lunas
Money Spent: ??
Biggest Regret: not getting it together to go to DC10
Going Back?:eek:h yes
Top Tip: try and dance more

Dates you were there: 18-26th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poniente Appts, San An

Club nights visited: Cream Amnesia, Dave Pearce Eden, Judgement Sundays Eden, Floorfillers Eden, Armada Amnesia

Best Night: Armada Amnesia - Armin Van Burren was excellent

Worst Night: Floorfillers Eden, thought the cheesiness would be a laugh but there was some annoying MC talking over all the songs - managed to slip out and just got back in time for the foam party which was good fun.

Best Bar: Cafe Mambo

Best Place to Eat: Coastline Cafe

Money Spent: £600

Biggest Regret: not doing manumission (and the obvious, coming home :cry: )

Going Back?: definitely, already planning early july and closing parties for next year

Top Tip: Just go for it, don't worry about sleep and stuff, you can do that when you get back home!!

Dates you were there: 30 Aug - 6 Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Hawaii San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Underwater-pacha, Cream- Amnesia, Balearic People-Privilege, We love Sunday - Space, Judgement Sundays-Eden

Best Night: Cream - Amnesia, for Paul Van Dyk of course!

Worst Night: Eden - cant remember and I dont even like Judge - only ended up in there because i was wasted!!!

Best Bar: Cafe Mambo

Best Place to Eat: Dont know, we ate in our hotel which was YUK!

Money Spent: £600

Biggest Regret: Not remembering being in Eden on Sunday, dont know what i was doing, was still drunk when i got to the airport Monday morning

Going Back?: Of course! I want to try DC10 and El Divino which are the only 2 left not been

Top Tip: Pace yourself. You will enjoy the nights and the morning after better

Dates you were there: 28 Aug - 9th Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Paraiso, San An

Club nights visited: Cream- Amnesia, Judgement Sundays-Eden x 2, armada @ amnesia

Best Night: Armada - Amnesia

Worst Night: The nights we didn't feel up to going out!!

Best Bar: Coastline Cafe

Best Place to Eat: Coastline was pretty good - but best meal was at Villa Mercedes

Money Spent: £700

Biggest Regret: got too many - didn't make it to space on sunday or bora bora!! or hiring a car

Going Back?: Definately - got so much to d out there!!

Top Tip: Enjoy yourself, because soon you'll be back home - and feeling sad!

Dates you were there: 1st - 10th september
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Cala Llonga, Pueblo Esparragus
Club nights visited: Sundays at space, renaissance, pure pacha, subliminal
Best Night:pure pacha (laurent garnier)
Worst Night: subliminal
Best Bar: bora bora (i went on the monday, it was kicking off big time)
Best Place to Eat: es caliu
Money Spent: dunno
Biggest Regret: not taken pics of Bora Bora before it closed down, and not doing carl cox
Going Back?: yes
Top Tip: get a car

Dates you were there: 6th-13th september
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): san an hostel torres,not bad considering.
Club nights visited: sundays at space,garlands at eden,hed kandi el divinio,subliminal
Best Night:sundays at space
Worst Night: the funky rooms at savannahs,reminded me too musch of hme
Best Bar: well impressed with plastic bar would of said bora bora if i saw more than 3 hours of it on the monday
Best Place to Eat: its not a priorty in ibiza(sorry)
Money Spent: 600 squid and very happy i only spent that much
Biggest Regret: not getting to bora bora before it shut,not getting to underwater although more than made up for that with a wicked night down garlands
Going Back?: you knows it
Top Tip: calm down :lol:

Dates you were there: September 6-13th

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Hostel Torres,San Antonio

Club nights visited:Kinky Malinky@El Devino,Garlands@Eden,Pure Pacha@Pacha,Hed Kandi@El Devino

Best Night:pure Pacha

Worst Night:Come on,theres no such thing!

Best Bar: Bar M(would have said Bora Bora if there had of been music there :( )

Best Place to Eat:The KFC/Pizza hut near the bay was a surprisingly good carbohydrate fest!!!!

Money Spent: About 900 quid

Biggest Regret:Not getting to Space(Again!)the money ran out :cry:

Going Back?:Is the pope catholic?????too right!

Top Tip: Its better to burn out...than to fade away!

Dates you were there: 04/09-12/09

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): JET

Club nights visited: We Love Sundays, Circoloco, Manumission, Carl Cox, Subliminal, Defected

Best Night: Tie, Subliminal and Defected; Circoloco is during the day, but man that party is intense :twisted:

Worst Night: Manumission

Best Place to Eat: Khumharas

Money Spent: $1400 US

Biggest Regret: None really, other than I wish I could with you British clubbers--you party a lot harder than I can!!

Going Back?: Maybe, been there twice in 2 years--it's expensive for us Americans and there's a lot out there to see!

Top Tip: Rent a car, see the island. It's beautiful and breaks the club-to-club doldrums.....

Back