Just tell us how it was - Summer 2006

Dates you were there: July 21 - 28
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Es Vive
Club nights visited: Made in Italy @ Amnesia; We Love Sunday @ Space; MN2S @ El Divino; Release Yourself @ Pacha; In Bed @ Space; Subliminal @ Pacha (and of course Bora Bora and the Base Bar more than a few times)
Best Night: wow...just about everyone. Behrouz and Morillo absolutely ROCKED Pacha...Tom Novy closed out the sunset terrace in style....Sanchez was amazing as usual...and Made in Italy was a HUGE surprise, great night (I would have to say Subliminal took it this year though)
Worst Night: MN2S - just not a fan of El Divino, no real vibe that night
Best Bar: Base Bar....my room was right above it, doesnt get anymore convenient
Best Place to Eat: Juan y Andrea in Formenterra and Bambuddha Grove
Money Spent: a ton of Euros....no multiply that by 1.3 for the US Dollars spent
Biggest Regret: missing DC-10 (although I have been 3x, and it meant that I had some left in the tank for Release Yourself)
Going Back?: absolutely.....although I have been 5 years in a row, thinking of taking next year off and checking out something new.....but I will definitely be back
Top Tip: Check out different beaches...and put a little crew together, rent a boat and go to Formenterra. Absolutely one of the best days of my life.

Full review coming this week -
Trip pictures in signature

Dates you were there: 10-17 June
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa San Rafael :twisted: (saving up for a looong time)
Club nights visited: Only one!! Gatecrasher - Eden Opening Party
Best Night: Best clubbing night - well only one lol - so Eden Opening. Best non-club night - my 18th birthday, what a way to have a birthday!!
Worst Night: The 2nd to last day, my mate was robbed so he spent the rest of the week gutted, didn't want to do anything...:evil: so only got out for a few drinks
Best Bar: Bar M
Best Place to Eat: Great little mexican place just around the corner from Cafe Del Mar.
Money Spent: £700
Biggest Regret: Only going clubbing one night, gutted :( .
Going Back?: 10 days - to hit the rest of the clubs!! :lol:
Top Tips: Save up and rent a villa for your bday. Check out Portinax, some people don't like it, but i loved it. Don't waste ur holiday sat around a table or in ur hotel, get out there and grab oppertunity (and ur wallet) by the balls :lol: :twisted:

Dates you were there: 23 july - 06 august (2 weeks)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): platja den bossa, fiesta hotel platja den bossa

Club nights visited:
week 1: WLS @ space, cocoon @ amnesia, carl cox birthday @ space, subliminal @ pacha, cream @ amnesia, hed kandi @ el divino, circoloco @ DC10.
week 2: WLS @ space, release yourself @ pacha, armada @ amnesia, timo maas @ DC10, manumission @ priviledge, matinee @ space, def mix @ pacha

Best Night: carl cox birthday @ space - the best music, the best visuals, tons of pics and videos and total euphoria. it was our 3rd night and it still remained the best after the 2 weeks have passed! matinee was the best among afterparties.

Worst Night: timo maas @ DC10 - left at 4am, were at a loss on the music, went sort of "wtf?". manumission was the second worst...

Best Bar: bora bora!

Best Place to Eat: jet restaraunt, just loved the tomato soup and mozarella&tomato salad they serve there!

Money Spent: the tour was 1400 EUR and about 1300 EUR as the pocket money

Biggest Regret: missed pete tong & david guetta - pure pacha on 4 august

Going Back?: definitely, july/august 2007

Top Tip: avoid manumission - it's a waste of time & money

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 31.7. - 5.8.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
a new finca hotel called sa talaia, it was gorgeous

Club nights visited: only cocoon, armada and renaissance, wanted to take it easy before continuing to greece

Best Night: all in differend ways

Worst Night:
none

Best Bar:
got the bestest mojitos ever in rock

Best Place to Eat:
sa capella and l'elephant

Money Spent:
no idea :D

Biggest Regret:
not having time to stay longer

Going Back?:
but of course

Top Tip:
rent a car with an airco and explore! i loved cala d'hort and benirras + all the little beaches we didn't find any name for :lol:

Dates you were there: july 8 - july 29

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): garbi, playa d'en bossa

Club nights visited: WLS (2x), circoloco (2x), cocoon (2x), carl cox, yosh1toshi, cream, pure pacha, matinée (2x)

Best Night: not a night, but circoloco was the best party by a mile. no contender.

Worst Night: i haven't had any bad clubbing nights.

Best Bar: the one at atzaro maybe? not such a bar-goer. but for tickets and a drink, we mostly went to tantra as many others on here do. they are nice guys. oh, and i love kumharas.

Best Place to Eat: this year...in town: can d'en parra. seaside: sol d'en serra. countryside: sa capella and cami de balafia which was an eye-opener.

Money Spent: about €2800 for 3 weeks including everything.

Biggest Regret: non, rien de rien, non, je ne regrette rien...

Going Back?: con certeza.

Top Tip: same sentence as every year: the ones who only for go clubbing only see half of ibiza's beauty.

Dates you were there: 03 - 10 August
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Apolo
Club nights visited: Cant remeber the nights but went Eden, Es paradis, Ammesia
Best Night: Tidy boys @Es Paradis
Worst Night: Foam Party at Ammesia
Best Bar: Krash
Best Place to Eat: (rarely eat)
Money Spent: 750 Euros
Biggest Regret: Not doing more clubs / bora bora
Going Back?: 110%
Top Tip: Before buying any tickets check for PR's. Id bought tickets in advance one night, and then got given free wristbands on the way!

Dates you were there: 03.August - 11. August
Where you stayed (resort/hotel):Central Park Apartments/ San Antonio
Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia, Hed Kandi @El Divino, Judgement Sunday@ Eden, DJ Sammy@ Es Paradis
Best Night: Judgement Sunday. Lisa Lashes was awesome
Worst Night: No worst nights but i was hammered at Amnesia so don;t really remember it!
Best Bar: Plastik
Best Place to Eat: Kilties chippy!
Money Spent: £800 (gulp)
Biggest Regret: Not going to Alex P's birthday @ Space having paid for it. Long story.....
Going Back?: Defineteley
Top Tip: The dj at Plastik was belting out some fantastic Funky House. Well worth a visit before you go to a main club

Dates you were there: 6th-20th Aug

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sirenis Jabeque, Es Vive. Stay hear if your a couple wanting a quiet hotel free of noise. Avoid if your going with mates.

Club nights visited:
WLS, CC, Pure Pacha, Subliminal

Best Night: WLS, we get there late and it's sheer quality throughout

Worst Night: CC - too many people wanting in to see CC and a pointless VIP area in the discotecha

Best Bar: tropical in the west end - rave central :lol:

Best Place to Eat: Pacha (Ibiza town) Rias Baixes (San An)

Money Spent: ~£1400

Biggest Regret: not enoughing clubbing done

Going Back?: 5th-19th Aug 2007

Top Tip: get cash out the day before you need it. ATM's can be hard work and frustrating when you're desperate for cash

my review

Dates: July 24 - August 15

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): villa

Club nights visited: Pacha (subliminal, yo****oshi), space, dc10, monza, azuli at el divino

Best Night: Behrouz at Pacha for the Subliminal party and Laurent Garnier at Space

Worst Night: Puffy at DC10??? He ruined it for me

Best Bar: Blue Marlin

Best Place to Eat: Cala Jundhal

Money Spent: 0

Biggest Regret: not making it to the Cocoon party to see Ame

Going Back?: for sure

Top Tip: Go to sleep on Sunday night so you have energy for dc10 and cocoon

Dates you were there: 9-16 July 2006.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Cenit Apartments - Figueretas

Club nights visited: La Troya @ Amnesia, after La Troya (Fake?) @ Space, Matinee @ Space

Best Night: Best Day... Matinee :D

Worst Night: at the beginning the night at Amnesia, just a few tourists at 1. a. m. :twisted:

Best Bar: Savannah

Best Place to Eat: Mar Vent - Es Canar

Money Spent: ~£ 1000

Biggest Regret: not to go Space on Sunday :spank: , see just once the sunset at San Antoni

Going Back?: of course in 2007 :lol:

Top Tip: go free for clubbing :D, right time - right beach - free wristbands, or know the right person to add you on the guestlist ;)

Dates you were there: 04th Aug - 18th Aug ' 06
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poniente Playa - San Antonio
Club nights visited: Judgement Sunday @ Eden, Cream @ Amnesia x 2, Carl Cox @ Space, MN2S @ El Divino, Pure Pacha @ Pacha, Armada @ Amnesia, Underground, Bora Bora
Best Night: Cream @ Amnesia
Worst Night: Not one!!
Best Bar: Base Bar, Mambos & Bora Bora
Best Place to Eat: Villa Mercedes / Blue Marlin
Money Spent: £1600
Biggest Regret: Not going to DC10 this year
Going Back?: Is the pope Catholic?
Top Tip: Hire a car / jeep and go and see the island!

Dates you were there: 3-15 of August.
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Rented apartment in Playa Den Bossa.
Club nights visited: Cream @ Amnesia (twice), Pure Pacha, Matinee @ Space (twice), Def Mix @ Pacha, We Love Sundays @ Space (twice), Circoloco @ DC10 (twice), Cocoon @ Amnesia (twice), Global @ Space, Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha.
Best Night:
Space - We Love Sundays @ Space
Amnesia - Cream @ Amnesia
Pacha - Subliminal Sessions
DC10 - Circolorco
Worst Night: Def Mix @ Pacha; Good music, no vibes (exactly as i predicted it to be, hence i wasn't disappointed cause i came with no expectations).
Best Bar: I don't like Bars, but the closest to a Bar i've been was Bora Bora.
Best Place to Eat: Bella Napoli :lol:
Money Spent: 2000 Euros.
Biggest Regret: Not doing 3 weeks or even a month in a raw. 2 weeks simply is NOT enough!
Going Back?: The sooner - the better!
Top Tip: Party till you drop! 8) Do the site seeing / bar tripping / restaurant digging when you are 50 years OR if you're having a vacation which is at least 1 month long.

Dates you were there: July 28th - August 5th
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San Remo - San An Bay
Club nights visited: Hed Kandi @ El Divino, WLS @ Space, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Carl Cox @ Space, Es Paradis, Renaissance @ Pacha, Manumission
Best Night: Hmm...toss up between WLS, Cocoon & Renaissance...cannot decide!
Worst Night: Not that any night was bad, but I wouldn't go to Manumission again
Best Bar: Bora Bora!!!
Best Place to Eat: Rias Biaxes
Money Spent: $1850 USD...about 1450 euros
Biggest Regret: That I wasn't there longer :cry:
Going Back?: Summer '07 :D
Top Tip: Don't drink tap water! Not good for the tummy! ;)

Dates you were there: 16-23 August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Bahia San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha, Cream @ Amnesia, Judgement Sunday @ Eden

Best Night: Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha

Worst Night: None - loved every minute of it!!!

Best Bar: Bar M

Best Place to Eat: Coastline

Money Spent: ~£ 800

Biggest Regret: Not going for 2 weeks!

Going Back?: of course in 2007 :lol:

Top Tip: Dont be fooled by PR's trying to sell stuff around your pool at your hotel they can sometimes not be giving you as much as you think for your money

Dates you were there: 23rd Aug - 30th Aug 06

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Pacific San Antonio - lively hotel but basic!

Club nights visited: Judgement Sunday @ Eden, Dj Sammy @ Es Paradis , monday night at Eden with Romeo/so solid (can't remeber what it's called)

Best Night: Water party with Dj sammy at Es Paradis

Worst Night: Tuesday night at the westend (it was dead after 2!)

Best Bar: Tropi, cafe del mar, and this one opposite the music store (4got the name!)

Best Place to Eat: Pizza Hut LOL!

Money Spent: ~£ 400 (bargin!)

Biggest Regret: Not going for 2 weeks!

Going Back?: of course in 2007 :lol: for 2 weeks!

Top Tip: Cover your bottle tops at all times!

Dates you were there: 10th - 24th Aug
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Stella Maris, San Antonio
Club nights visited: Pure Pacha, We Love..., Circo Loco, Carl Cox, Cocoon, Subliminal
Best Night: Circo Loco/Cocoon
Worst Night: Carl Cox (If I had to pick one)
Best Bar: K:Ube Ibiza Town
Best Place to Eat: Pacha,
Money Spent: £1100
Biggest Regret: Not going to see Thomas Schumacher at Timo's Night :'(
Going Back?: Yes, hopefully second week in August 07 for two weeks.
Top Tip: Hire a Car for Two weeks :idea:

Dates you were there: 12th august / 26th august
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Almendro
Club nights visited:
We love Space @ Space
Defected in the House @ Pacha
Meganite @ Privilege
Underground (thurday)
Pandemonium @ DC10
Milk & 2 Sugars @ El Divino
Circoloco @ DC10
Release Yourself @ Pacha
Subliminal @ Pacha
Pandemonium @ DC10
Best Night: Circoloco @ DC10(daytime), Subliminal @ Pacha
Worst Night: Meganite @ Privilege (a friend was playing in the Cocoloco room and that was the only good thing about this party. Luckilly we were on the guestlist!!!
Best Bar: Bora Bora, Base Bar
Best Place to Eat: Studio in Ibiza Town
Money Spent: 1200 euros (haha, it can be quite cheap!!)
Biggest Regret: A girl I got to go with us and took to much GHB every party we went to.
Going Back?: Absolutely (what kind of question is this?!)
Top Tip: Get your tickets cheap (it's possible) and check out Tania Vulcano's new party Pandemonium @ DC10 on fridays.

Dates you were there: August 28-Sept 7
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Fiesta hotel pdb
Club nights visited:am sure i will forget something :rolleyes::lol: cocoon carl cox pure pacha matinee we love bora bora
Best Night: cocoon or matinee/ we love with danny T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst Night: pure pacha pete tong :evil: dqnny howells was brilliant however
Best Bar: um cant think
Best Place to Eat:
Money Spent: too much
Biggest Regret:got sick and had to miss 2 nights so only 8 /10 nights instead of 10/10
Going Back?: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Tip: don't leave:eek:

Dates you were there: Aug 28th-8th Sep

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): San An, Hostal Valencia - next to Hotel Brisa. Cheap, basic, but spotlessly clean, quiet, family run, pool...and not full of marauding 18 year olds - in fact I was the only English guy there for a while - so a bit of the old Spanish lingo goes down well!

Club nights visited: Eden ( Judgement Sunday ), Ibiza Rocks at Bar M, Bora Bora

Best Night: Ibiza Rocks by a massive margin!!!! - we indie/rock kids are taking over!!!! Ibiza Rocks saved my life I reckon, I met lots of great people. Oh, and getting the number of a decent 'charlie' contact :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Worst Night: I was on my own as I'd just split up with my wife, so had a few lonely days/nights - hard work I can tell you!!

Best Bar: Bar M / Savanahs

Best Place to Eat: Didn't really do much eating to be honest!!... Mambo Steak and Roasties were nice!

Best Beach: Benirras

Money Spent: ~£800

Biggest Regret: Not going to one of the really big clubs, and not asking out the gorgeous girl I met in Bar M ( going through a headf**k at the moment ! )

Going Back?: Sure am - might try and get a job at Ibiza Rocks.

Top Tip: I took a little compass with me to help find my way back to the Hotel!! - met lots of people who were lost - I just used my compass to go North through all the back streets...worked a treat!

Hire a car - I went all over the island - roads were really quiet!

... and finally, if you ever find yourself in my position - just go on your own...It can be really lonely/hard work at times, and other times it can be the exact opposite... I've come back a more confident person!

Dates you were there: 20-27th June and 11-18th August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostel Mari in west end (san an) and workers accom with my mate right at bottom of west end. The Mari was basic, but was good for us as we could book at day by day as we were trying to find workers accom for my mate!

Club nights visited: Release Yourself Opening party, WLS Space, Cream(radio one week), Subliminal Sessions, Pukka Up, Gatecrasher, Kiss da Funk, Carl Cox @ Space (cant remember them all!!)

Best Night: WLS June, amazing!

Worst Night: Gatecrasher- not really my cup of tea, too many chavs for my liking!

Best Bar: Plastik or Eden Rooms

Best Place to Eat: Savannah or Kanya

Money Spent: first week £1300 ish, second about £600 (my mate got me on guest list for nearly everywhere)

Biggest Regret: Not jackin in my job and staying out all summer!

Going Back?: Without a doubt! Maybe for new year, but defo for opening and closing 2007!

Top Tip: Don't join the pony club!! (if u know what I mean!) :lol:

Back