June 13-23 4 lads return to a villa in port des torrent...

Aye I am still listening to it daily mate, heard a few of the tracks being played in san an and pdb to so the guys who put them in the thread deserve much credit for predicting them to be on the Ibiza play lists this year and it's only June.

Yeah, absolutely, mate. Can't thank them enough. Some of the suggestions in that thread are absolutely blob on the money. And when I was mixing them they really felt like they could be big Ibiza records this year. I could definitely see clubs going off to tracks like The Major, Downstroke and the like.

House music knowledge of Spotlight members + my DJing ear = winning combo (by the looks of it) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday 19th...............
OK so I wake up around mid day still excited in ones self after what I can only describe as my best ever night/set in Ibiza, and try to tell my mate who had been mardy the night previous and the response I got was "I don't really wanna talk about it" :rolleyes: It was because of him him we left DC-10 and then he didn't want to face the crush, he couldn't face it etc but now he seemed to be getting mardy still so I just went back to bed as no one else was up. It was England tonight so we decided on a chill out day while he moaned we weren't doing anything with the days but at the same time had no idea of where to go or suggestions of what to do. The moaning was doing my head in and I didn't have the patience after the first 5 days to deal with such moods. :twisted: We went to port des torrent beach in the day after some chicken sandwiches at hotel bahia and headed back in the evening and watched the football in Bull Bar, it is a nice little beach side restaurant and we had a few beers in there and some food. I spent many a come down here in 2009 head in hands staring at a plate of food wishing for the feeling of death to go away so it was nice to come back and be normal :lol: England won and the tensions felt to me at least like they were still rising between the group. We headed back to the Argentinian bar for some cheap beers and a quiet reflection and think of what we can do tomorrow. While we discussed options the moaning mate just carried on moaning saying things like "we will never do anything....I'm not bothered about making plans cause no one ever gets up"etc I couldn't be bothered to listen to it anymore :rolleyes: I was probably just as bad in my own way though I love a good moan :p So we decide on cala d'hort and a view of es vedra is needed, couple more mojito's and we start the walk back around 3am, not bad for an early night :lol: Went to bed about 4am and slept right through untill 10am and woke up feeling fresh :eek:
Can't believe I forgot to mention on the way home that night as we walk past "disco striptease" pasarela the fine looking young ladies came out and asked us to join them, as we continued to walk along the road they start shouting in Spanish and one gets her muff out and starts rubbing it in front of us and one bends over and pulls her knickers down and starts rubbing hers from behind :lol: Two of the lads with us love there strip clubs but were concerned about being robbed blind or having to have sex with them to get out. It certainly made for some laughs on the way home and for the next day or two :)

Mate, I love how 'warts and all' this is.

Just shows the unbelieveable highs to be had, but at the same time, the strains that Ibiza can cause when tempers get frayed, expectations get derailed or indecision sets in. It's basically that dangerous gap between your expectations before and your positivity during. This kind of thing ruined my own trip in 2009. People should take note.

Went to bed about 4am and slept right through untill 10am and woke up feeling fresh :eek:

So true. Amazing how 6 hours sleep in Ibiza feels more like 12 hours. :D

Wed 20th....have we been here a week already? :cry:
10am I am up as is mardy one and we get ready and coax the other two in to doing the same and eventually head out of the villa at 1145 I ring a cab in my best Spanglish again(love it when you ask the taxi rank if they speak English and they almost scream NO down the phone, then proceed to laugh at your attempts to speak the lingo when asking for a taxi "a'hora" but it is all part of the fun) we laugh at the fact we finally made it out before mid day and I thought the mood had shifted back to the good times mood we'd felt at the beginning of the holiday. The taxi cost 18e and the view along the final 10 mins of the journey was breath taking. We saw es vedra in all its glory from the road side and then it still takes another 7 mins or so to reach the beach :lol: We arrive just after 12 and take in the view, all I can say it amazing. Never seen a back drop like it at a beach and there was an almost magical feel to the atmosphere, now I realise this is probably all in my head but none the less it really did feel atmospheric :p

We spent the next 5 hours lying in the sun burning :lol: I was in and out of the sea every 20-30 mins because of the heat, I took a walk from one side of the beach to the other and saw a hippy and his Mrs in a cove, she was lying naked with a lovely fadge just staring me in the face almost inviting me to get on it! I know, that isn't why she was naked but I was missing the pleasures of being at home with my Mrs and horny was not the word for how I was feeling the latter part of the 10 days away I was envisaging what I would do to just about anything that moved :oops: lol. Anyway the only downside to the beach at cala d'hort is the amount of pebbles and rocks in the sea for the first bit, I kept falling over both on the way in to and out of the sea must to my mates amusement who tried to film it :lol: Thankfully no one did, at about 5pm the mardy one just gets up and demands we should go because he has had enough :rolleyes: the other two ignored his request so I spoke up and they agreed to go after one last swim in the sea. We sit in the cafe at the left as you look at them with the palm trees hanging down just in front of the tip of es vedra, absolute magical view wish I could see it more often :( After a complete nightmare getting a cab back we finally head home about 6pm, it's funny how you don't feel the burn until you are out of the sun. My legs were red raw and starting to get shivers :lol: Everyone had a sore spot somewhere though so at least I wasn't the only one feeling the pain. We went to es cuco for supplies and had dinner in, tonight it was Be at Space. Green Velvet and Umek, I wasn't overly keen to be honest. I was running out of cash fast after the first 4 days of mental-ism and over indulgence in the drugs and alcohol plus the waste of DC-10(30e ticket, taxi's and 3 X 12e VaR made for a very poor value spend before cocoon). I had a think about it while I lay on my bed sweating in the heat and legs feeling like someone was running a brush full of pins up and down them from the sun burn :D and decided to go. We had a couple of cans in the villa and watch the sun set from the roof while the techno was playing out 8) We headed down to hotel bahia for a quick beer and fags and then on to the Argentinian bar for more mojitos before getting a cab to PDB. We arrive and walk up to the guestlist entry I.D at the ready and magically our mate did not let us down and we are ushered in for free 8) We head to the sunset terrace for drinks and a picture in front of the space wall :rolleyes: Not my thing but I agree for the others who really seem to love Space for some reason.......
Have to get ready for work now so will finish off at some point over the weekend hopefully sorry :p

Mate, I love how 'warts and all' this is.

Just shows the unbelieveable highs to be had, but at the same time, the strains that Ibiza can cause when tempers get frayed, expectations get derailed or indecision sets in. It's basically that dangerous gap between your expectations before and your positivity during. This kind of thing ruined my own trip in 2009. People should take note.

So true. Amazing how 6 hours sleep in Ibiza feels more like 12 hours. :D
I know, I am trying to give a full account as this year it was full of highs, which turned to lows but it also eventually picked back up to the high again. I can't imagine anywhere else on earth where you can go through what you do on holiday in Ibiza. The review will strike a chord with many, and also I imagine give many others a desire to experience something like this. It wasn't the perfect week but then when is Ibiza ever plain sailing? I am sure many just go and have wonderful holidays and sunbathe all week and still go out etc but this for me is why I have kept coming back to the island. As many others do. It's all part of the fun and the highs and lows never get any less desirable. 8)

... on the way home that night as we walk past "disco striptease" pasarela the fine looking young ladies came out and asked us to join them, as we continued to walk along the road they start shouting in Spanish and one gets her muff out and starts rubbing it in front of us and one bends over and pulls her knickers down and starts rubbing hers from behind :lol: Two of the lads with us love there strip clubs but were concerned about being robbed blind or having to have sex with them to get out. It certainly made for some laughs on the way home and for the next day or two :)

:eek: ... I'd have happily taken one for the team :p

Thankfully no one did, at about 5pm the mardy one just gets up and demands we should go because he has had enough :rolleyes: the other two ignored his request so I spoke up and they agreed to go after one last swim in the sea.

I am now really in LMAO territory - pleeeeeze PM me who it was ;):lol:

:eek: ... I'd have happily taken one for the team :p

I am now really in LMAO territory - pleeeeeze PM me who it was ;):lol:

Will pm you over the weekend mate at work now. Got a few bits i can't disclose on here you'll laugh at ;) and don't mention any of this on Facebook! Pretty please :)

Will finish off tomorrow as am on nights mon and tues so will finish it off tomorrow been too busy making the most of a child free weekend :spank:

Wow, loved reading this review, can't wait for the next installment!! And what a good guy you are for looking after that girl!

belter of a review and its true trips to ibiza can have highs and lows (nearly always self induced) . also a reminder to think carefully about who you go with too!

So then as we find the set list on the wall we see Mark Knight is playing in the terrace and a random girl walks up and says "come on guys get involved with Mark Knight's set" and does a few moves at us as we laugh between ourselves and follow her in. It wasn't busy in there at all, but at least there is room to dance, that was where the psitives for me stopped. His music was utter gash, the only decent tune he played was his last when he played Man with the red face and a classic I can't remember the name of and havent heard since 2008 in Ibiza that has a women singing about sitting alone in a smoke filled cafe, watching the world go byyyyyy I think it is called dynamite but can't recall the artist. Anyway I went and stood at the back with my vodka redbull which I was convincing myself even at 15e a pop was still technically free as we got in free :lol: and watched the people dance to tunes such as sweet dreams are made of these.... :confused:
Umek came out and my mates went off on their way to do some MDMA and I refused yet again knowing that the music will keep me going. A few mins later I go for a fag in the sunset terrace and one of the lads joins me and quietly confesses he's just done about half a g of MDMA in one go and had a sip on some random Spanish guys drink and he was coming up fast and hard and was starting to get paranoid :lol: His legs were tingly and his heart racing and he grabbed my shoulder begging me not to let anything bad happen to him :lol: I found it hilarious I must say, having been there many times over the years I was loving not being that messy there and then. We went back in to the terrace where thankfully Umek was setting up his laptops, I was quite looking forward to this having heard countless podcasts and always liking his unique sound was really excited. I turn round to check on my mate who is in the mess and his right fist was pumping the air with much effort I must say, he didn't realise I was watching him when his fist slowed down and found its way to his chest where he was clearly trying to check his heart beat but his legs were still dancing on the spot I couldn't help but laugh but obviously glad it was nothing serious. :lol: Umek was as predictable as he was good. It was like they had put his podcast on through the sound system and he had gone for drinks. The crowd was thinning out a bit now, I was happy as were my mates. Few mental looking characters in there including one young lad clearly off his face on something doing some kind of robot dance around everyone on the dancefloor while sporting a huge smile showing all his teeth he looked like he was in pure heaven :lol: Also a lad in a newcastle shirt dancing away caught my eye, couldn't help but moan about it at the time. Nob! :)
We were finally in good spirits as a group again, dancing pulling equally satisfactory faces while Umek played some techno. Green velvet got ready to come out and played highflyers which got the crowd going again. I was actually quite pleased when Umek went off, Green Velvet played a quality set of thumping tunes. Loads of techno in there including flash bang which is always quality to hear in Space and that song he sings through his head phones at the end was quality to. We get thrown out at 6am, we are buzzing and head down PDB debating whether to hang around for the opening on Delano at 7am..... but I was shattered. Dancing for hours with no drugs has its consequences in that you can really feel it's toll on the body and something I am not used to :D We head back and have a beer in the morning sun and play some more techno on the stereo. I went to bed about 8am and there were still two up drinking wanting to and party somewhere, I asked one if he has any gear left and he said "yeah but I have been told I'm not allowed to do any" which make me laugh :lol: Like a child knowing he has easter eggs but not allowed one, anyway I dropped off about 0830 and woke up at about 1300 and everyone was still in bed. Think the other two made it to bed about 10am. I can't help but think now it is Thursday and the week has flown buy so fast, amazing highs...dreadful lows...at least a group once again we are united and all negativity has gone away. The buzz was defo back and now home was on the horizon I didn't want to waste any more time I had left.

Back