June 13-23 4 lads return to a villa in port des torrent...

OllieNotts

As I sit here now in cloudy Nottingham I can only wonder why every time I have to return from Ibiza I feel more and more depressed each time :confused: I don't actually know what it is about the place that has such a hold over me, I used to think it was the clubs and the music but after this trip I feel even more addicted to the feel of the island and not for the feeling as you walk in to one of the "big clubs". That said I will stop waffling and get on with it....
Wed 13th we fly from EMA and meet a friend there who went out the night before as he got a ridiculously cheap flight from Brum where he lives. I had arranged a car before leaving with BK and having not done this before had no idea they were going to tell me they want 700e up front deposit which I didn't have available on my credit card...:oops: Very embarrassed and feeling angry we went back to the airport and found that was the cheapest quote we could get. The annoying thing is I had the cash in the bank but not the credit available but hey ho we decide to get a cab to es cuco and get some supplies and take it from there. Arriving at the villa at about 11am the cleaners were just leaving and it felt like we had finally come home when we looked over the green valley and on to the sea.....bliss.

We spent the day lying by the pool listening to tunes and drinking 87c san miguel thinking what to do with the night and we decided to go and get some drugs from san an as I knew a place from last year and hoped it would come good again. So we headed off for a sun set at kanya, I felt rage walking through the "sunset strip" and seeing all the flash on show. Such a beautiful spot of the world ruined by rich people getting richer and idiots buying 10e glasses of beer. The security was out in force at mambo as per usual and we found a nice spot in kanya to enjoy a mixture of football and sun set and cheap beer 8) the DJ started to play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ek0vE17aLM and as it brought back last years memories I start to dance around the table and the lads start to feel my need to get well and truly on it :lol: So we went to pick up some mdma and a few vodka redbulls decide against all of our morals we would head up to the west end :oops::p I hate the place with a passion but we ended up having a really good night. Dancing like mad men living it large in beefa off our heads the love was in full flow while we drank pints of vodka redbull and free sambuca.......
We went in search of some hash on the walk to the taxi rank and managed to bag a nice big block that would last us the week and found it from a local by the rank. Upon getting back to the villa we made a spliff and drank more beer and watched the stars for a bit, saw 2 nice shooting stars before realising that my head was spinning from the hash :lol: The next thing I remember is being wet and freezing and the realisation that going in the pool at 5am was not a good idea. I lay on the sun lounger wet and closed my eyes....and woke up in the blazing sun. Crawled inside and found a bed in the living room and fell on to it still smashed. and woke again to see a cat lying next to me in bed. As it was the first night it was inevitable we would get hammered to a disgraceful degree and I am not proud of it. But once we are all up and have a dip in the pool we head for food at es cuco and then decide on a walk to cala bassa beach....

Last edited by a moderator:
So you went to Ibiza to take a random mix of drugs and hit the West end (that you don't like)

8)

^^ They were all looking pretty well actually ... not an injury in sight, and clearly loving the start of another great trip. Making the trek on foot to Cala Bassa from that villa after a particularly heavy one is deserving of a certain amount of respect for effort .. lesser men would have been glued to the sunloungers for at least a day :!:

So you went to Ibiza to take a random mix of drugs and hit the West end (that you don't like)

8)
Ironic I know, we all hate the place it turned out a big laugh anyway :)
Thanks kimjay wish I could say the same 10 days later :D
Anyway on to the 14th....
We went for food and decided that cala bassa being so close would be worth the effort afterall the sign for the beach club said only 3km on the road side :twisted: We started the walk at 4pm and it took an hour in the blazing heat, dodging drivers who looked like they were purposefully swerving to our direction "just for fun", plenty of beeps from them to. They obviously knew the path we were walking and were amused by 4 white English lads with towels in hand oblivious to the ridiculous trek ahead of us. To say we were knackered on arrival is an understatement but the beautiful beach that awaited us was well worth the walk. Not to do again mind :lol: We enjoyed the scenery(breasts) on show and I arranged to meet kimjay and after a nice refreshing dip in the gorgeous blue sea we headed to the cafe to meet and have a much needed beer. A chat with kimjay about all things Ibiza and techno and a very appreciated lift to es cuco(thanks again!!) and we were issued a present from kimjay which later would prove to be decisive in my "moment" where I decided to go straight but more on that later. We left kimjay and was a bit disappointed we couldn't extend our time together with a night out, even though he might change his mind and have another night but it was not to be. :) We headed back to the villa with food for tea and more beer and a bottle of cannabis vodka and absynth(where is the sick smiley). It was the England game tonight so we get ready and head to the funky lizzard in san an bay hoping it was still a decent bar for the football as I hadn't been in since 2008. After the football and in good spirits we headed to bay bar for a mojito and to pick up more gear as I had nailed all of mine the night previous. Apparently angering my mates as I was force feeding them dabs of mdma at silly o'clock while the techno played out :oops::D One of my mates got it in his head he needed some coke of the powder variety so we go on a mission to a certain west end bar and pick up and we talk a ticket seller in to releasing some zoo tickets to us despite him saying they arent on sale until the next day. We didn't stay in the west end longer then a drink and a few cheeky lines and head back to the villa yet again totally hammered. :rolleyes: We get back and carry on with the music baring as usual and no idea what time bed was, but I did wake up in my own bed which was a good result.
Feeling rough as a badgers rear end we lay by the pool all day and moaned about the fact we were needing a big night. We had missed Kehakuma the night before and so we thought a quiet one was in order. I have little recollection of what we did on the Friday! I do remember saying no drugs today I need to be fresh etc and it ended up being a messy one in port des torrent. We found a lovely little bar ran by Argentinians, a family we think and beer was 1.80 a pint and mojitos 4e. About 3am we head home and my legs were wobbling all the way up the long hill after about 40e's worth of mojitos :lol: More hash by the pool watching the stars finished the night off while listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxDRePUwEY&feature=related it was fast becoming the theme tune to the holiday while we were spannered :lol: Sounds great while the world is spinning.....

Sat 16th, Zoo Project 8)......
We wake up worse for wear after another night/day with only around 2/3 hours sleep a night. It was so hot in the villa I could not sleep after about 9am so going to sleep at 6-7am previous nights was not doing me any good. More lying by the pool and listening to the famous philharmonic podcast(the most played mix of the holiday cheers mate ;)) and me and one of the others who had stayed up past 7am went for food at a restaurant just down the road and we sat there head in hands discussing the possibility of not going to Zoo despite the fact we had tickets. We really did feel that rough, we order a chicken breast and a beer and 30 mins later we feel on top of the world and ready for action :lol: We get a swim in and get ready and start on the cannabis vodka kindly donated by kimjay(bastard). Head to Zoo for 5pm and enjoy the atmosphere build as we take spot at the read of the seal pit. I spend 100e in there on 10e vodka and sprites :eek: Ryan Elliot was quality, the vibe was decent to surprisingly. I noticed a huge change in the type of people there from my last visit and I was almost annoyed at the lot of them that looked like they were there to look good but the seal pit atmosphere was really good and everyone was bouncing as the techno played out. Heaven 8) I was completely trashed by the end and loving life, Ibiza after all is amazing. We got the bus back to san an from Zoo and head to the cafe across the road from piscis park and enjoy more vodka when I learn we have attracted a new body to the group. A girl who had been with her mate and ditched my mate had told her to come with us. We have a drink and a chat and I speak to her in the toilet and she wants to me take her to her hotel(not for sex!) So we escape the cafe and she is so drunk she doesn't know where she lives :rolleyes: I start to realise what a mistake it was when she falls on the floor and starts rolling around while onlookers are laughing at us :oops: After walking around the west end for half hour I decide to head back to the cafe and my mates have gone. So I go to use the toilet as does she and 5 mins later she is still there. This is when I should of done a runner but having a daughter myself if she ever ends up in this state in her life I would hope someone would do the right thing instead of leaving her anywhere. I am too soft in some respects but on the other hand a young girl in a place like the west end could end up having all sorts happen so I enter the toilet and look over to see her face down in her ankles and snooring :lol::lol: I had a minute to think and decided she should come back to ours where we would look after her until the morning. I kick the door to wake her up and head for the taxi rank where the first few refused to take us because she could not stand up. A quick rollocking off of me and she smarts up and we get a lift. The taxi driver had a london accent but said he was from Ibiza, turns out his mum was from london so he learnt English with her accent lol was very strange. I got back to the villa to see the lads sat round the table coke out hash out absynth and vodka at the ready. They thought I had gone off to give her one and I pointed out I have a Mrs and child at home I wouldn't do that ffs, she was still pretty out of it so we took her to a bed and my mate wrote her a note and left it by her pillow explaining we'd put her to bed and she was safe etc :lol: Her down techno on full blast and then we went for it. We ran out of paper so I made a bong from a bottle and a pen and within 10 mins we were ready. Not made a bong since I was about 18, and after that night I know why! So the absynth is going round between hits and we are playing beauties like this on the stereo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEtBg6od_mA such an amazing track 8) The sun is starting to rise now and one of the lads is on the living room bed sleeping, we wake him only to suck on the bong and then he passes out again wish we had got a video of it :D And all of a sudden we all feel mega stoned. For some reason one of us started laughing, and then the rest of us joined in for the next 20 mins non stop :) In the end I managed to take a breath long enough to say we need to go outside and get some fresh air, so we did and I said "look at that view" and it started us again for another 15 mins of non stop belly aching laughs while we all kept shouting "look at that view"....doesn't seem half as funny sat here writing about it :lol: Then my mate started with some trippy chill out music as we lay on the sun loungers, bit of lock stock soundtrack and I was far too gone to enjoy it so I look at my phone and it is 0930 :eek: time for bed.
Sunday 17th....
Wake up an hour later :evil: check on the girl in my bed and she is just waking up so we have a chat and lie by the pool and we talk a bit of rubbish and she thanks us for being so nice and keeps the note my mate wrote her that sounded and looked like a 5 year olds note lol. Then I walk to es cuco and ring her a cab in my best spanglish. I go back with some water and start feeling really bad. It gets to about 2pm and my mate is starving as am I. I am feeling really run down now and my arms and fingers are starting to tingle a little bit :eek: We head back to the restaurant from the previous day and order a beer and a chicken breast and I hope it will sort me out. Only this is when the mad stuff starts happening. I sank the beer pretty quickly hoping that if I can feel the alcohol then I wont feel the come down. The tingles started getting stronger and my matewas sitting there me telling me to stop it as I am worrying him, my face is pale and I am screaming at him not to make me more para. My feet started to shake then, violently actually, I needed to stand up. The tingles were coming thick and fast now and I begged him to run in to the bar and grab me a bottle of water and he ran off and was back within seconds. I opened it and started pouring it down my neck as I could feel my body start to seize up :eek: I stood up and asked my panic stricken mate "what the f**k is happening to me" and my hands started shaking like I have never seen or felt before, I thought I was having a heart attack! A few seconds later and I am telling myself to push through it and I will be OK and I neck the rest of the water in about a minute. Tingles are still there but calmed dolwn massively no more shakes I just feel hungry. The food arrived and I barely ate half of it I just felt so sick, and still paranoid of what just happened to me. I drank another 1.5l of water and faced the walk up the hill to the villa. Went and lay in bed and realised in the first 4 nights I had had less then 10 hours sleep, I convinced myself it was not the drugs or alcohol that had done that to me but the lack of sleep, if I didn't I had fears of needing to go to a hospital :lol:
Later on that day the others decided to get a cab to st eulalia and do I want to come? I decided yes, although still having no sleep and lying there paranoid as to whether or not I just nearly died I really didn't want to but I didn't want to be alone either....lol. St Eulalia is a gorgeous little town, shame it is so English. Had a lovely walk around drinking yet more water and arms still tingling and feeling rank. We head back about midnight and I went straight to bed and lay in bed hearing voices and someone swimming in the pool. I even shouted at them to shut the f**k up at one point, and then discovered they were all tucked up in bed and I was either dreaming or hallucinating :lol:
I drank 6 litres of water that day and still weeing brown urine, I decided that enough was enough and I wouldn't be taking any more drugs...ever!

Sunday 17th....
Wake up an hour later :evil: check on the girl in my bed and she is just waking up so we have a chat and lie by the pool and we talk a bit of rubbish and she thanks us for being so nice and keeps the note my mate wrote her that sounded and looked like a 5 year olds note lol. Then I walk to es cuco and ring her a cab in my best spanglish. I go back with some water and start feeling really bad. It gets to about 2pm and my mate is starving as am I. I am feeling really run down now and my arms and fingers are starting to tingle a little bit :eek: We head back to the restaurant from the previous day and order a beer and a chicken breast and I hope it will sort me out. Only this is when the mad stuff starts happening. I sank the beer pretty quickly hoping that if I can feel the alcohol then I wont feel the come down. The tingles started getting stronger and my matewas sitting there me telling me to stop it as I am worrying him, my face is pale and I am screaming at him not to make me more para. My feet started to shake then, violently actually, I needed to stand up. The tingles were coming thick and fast now and I begged him to run in to the bar and grab me a bottle of water and he ran off and was back within seconds. I opened it and started pouring it down my neck as I could feel my body start to seize up :eek: I stood up and asked my panic stricken mate "what the f**k is happening to me" and my hands started shaking like I have never seen or felt before, I thought I was having a heart attack! A few seconds later and I am telling myself to push through it and I will be OK and I neck the rest of the water in about a minute. Tingles are still there but calmed dolwn massively no more shakes I just feel hungry. The food arrived and I barely ate half of it I just felt so sick, and still paranoid of what just happened to me. I drank another 1.5l of water and faced the walk up the hill to the villa. Went and lay in bed and realised in the first 4 nights I had had less then 10 hours sleep, I convinced myself it was not the drugs or alcohol that had done that to me but the lack of sleep, if I didn't I had fears of needing to go to a hospital :lol:
Later on that day the others decided to get a cab to st eulalia and do I want to come? I decided yes, although still having no sleep and lying there paranoid as to whether or not I just nearly died I really didn't want to but I didn't want to be alone either....lol. St Eulalia is a gorgeous little town, shame it is so English. Had a lovely walk around drinking yet more water and arms still tingling and feeling rank. We head back about midnight and I went straight to bed and lay in bed hearing voices and someone swimming in the pool. I even shouted at them to shut the f**k up at one point, and then discovered they were all tucked up in bed and I was either dreaming or hallucinating :lol:
I drank 6 litres of water that day and still weeing brown urine, I decided that enough was enough and I wouldn't be taking any more drugs...ever!

Ouch bro, what drugs were you taking?

Sounds like apart from the head you still had a decent time. Although I'd probably prefer to be on that comedown than at work right now! haha

Pretty messy so far, and thats only the first half. :lol:

The anticipation of whether you make it out in one piece is killing me!!

Think we have an early season contender for the most-blatant-references-to-drugs-in-a-review of the year award! :D

This is brilliant!

Much rather read this sort of thing than the generic reviews of most of the others.

Sunday 17th....

Early stages of a panic/anxiety attack by the sounds of it.

Happens to the best of us:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: - so far it's very reminiscent of the 'Ibiza of old' ;) ! I'd blame those paranoia and hallucinogenic symptoms on the Absynth ... got my comeuppance for slipping you that bottle on Saturday night - playing drinking games with that stuff with a bunch of Portuguese lads on a stag do led to some visible (and invisible) scabs and scars - and a most undignified 'night on the pavement' all round after going a bit large with it. Only saving grace was our not suffering the indignity of being scooped up by the cops ... or the Salvation Army :eek: and not being mugged ! The next day was rather "interesting" to say the least :!:

yeah ive had humbness in arms and legs and feeling like i was gona have a heart attack and also a feeling of totally zoning out. That was after Global Gathering and I was driving on the motorway at the time :cry:. Thinks its your body saying "you've had a big day champ , now hit the showers!"

More lying by the pool and listening to the famous philharmonic podcast(the most played mix of the holiday cheers mate ;))

Brilliantttt, mate! Delighted my mix was part of the soundtrack to what sounds like utter drug-fueled, Ibizan debauchery, of which I sincerely approve! ;)

Also, nice bit of poetry in that you stayed in a villa in Port Des Torrent because that's exactly what we did last year. Nice that a little 'piece' of me returned to that part of the island this year.

Well done on the review by the way...

Think we have an early season contender for the most-blatant-references-to-drugs-in-a-review of the year award! :D

:lol:

Well the thunder storms are in full swing here I have no tv and no email access so will carry on....
Forgot to mention on the first night with all the fun we were having the next morning one of the lads woke up wondering where his phone was. He knew he had it last in san an and with the state we were in and the good feeling of being back never gave it a second thought until the next day, he had left it on silent as usual so we rang and rang and rang.... for 2 days before giving up hope :lol: He was on a voda £3 a day package so even if someone had found it and used it he wouldn't get stung on the bill. The phone also near on dead and 2 days later it was still ringing and he decided someone must have it and has charged it up and he cancelled it. Quite funny on one hand but if it had been me I probably wouldn't of dealt with it as well as he did :p
So then, Monday 18th............
I was still feeling bad even though I had actually had some sleep, as was another lad. We decide to stay by the pool and have a wander to es cuco for food and the other two headed for cala bassa again(this time on the bus :)) and despite my shock the night before I was desperate to experience DC-10. 1730 had come when the other finally popped up the drive way. I think it is fair to say we were all feeling knackered and starting to get a bit ratty. I wanted to be there by now and the other two were just so casual and taking ages to get ready :rolleyes: We decide on a deadline of 2000 to be there at the latest and I compromise to keep peace and we head for a cab in to PDB. When we arrive we go to the bar on the same road as space(can never remember the name tantric?) and get a beer which I moaned about as I did not want any beer I needed some vodka and redbull to pick me up from this hanging feeling. We drink those rather slowly and time is now around 2000 so I start moaning again and one of the lads needs another drink as he isn't in the mood ffs. So I say lets go to the cafe across the road it is nice and cheap in there. But no we have to go to the bar next door to the pizza place just down from Ushuia and I order a vodka redbull that tastes like it has no vodka in for 10e :evil: I was on the edge of rage by now :lol: They order beers again so knowing how long they will take I scoot off down to the cafe and order 2 vodkas and one redbull for 11e and they finally hit the spot. It is now about 2100 and I tell them straight I don't want to go :evil: They have really p1ssed me off today knowing that I wanted to get in early and see marceo plex and by the time we get there he will be finishing and they all want to go anyway so I begrudgingly buy a ticket and think OK but we have to go now.
We get a cab and arrive and it looks really nice, I can't believe I have made it after such an awkward day and I just wanna get inside and make the most of it. We get the last 20 mins or so of marceo plex and was really not inspiring at all. I went in to the terrace for a walk and don't know who was in there but it is enough for me to get involved in throwing some shapes around the vest tops and muscles. I go back in to the main room 20 mins later and a mate is proper moaning for leaving them :rolleyes: Some bird came on and played the crappest music I have ever heard I wasn't gonna stand there and let it ruin my night. So we head to the bar for more 12e vodka redbulls(at least the measures are very good) and my mates invite me in the world of more mdma to which I decline 8) Jamie Jones was coming on and I suggested we head in to the terrace for a dance. But about 40 mins in we just couldn't take it any more it was worse then the bird next door :rolleyes: There was no atmosphere in the place at all, the music poor and the place half empty. I was willing to stay and give it a chance while two others moaned they wanted to go and then we were faced with dilemmas of who wanted to go where. So I would either stay or go to cocoon, one wanted to just go home(being mardy), one didn't mind but would go home with mardy one and other wanted techno so we opted for a drink in PDN at the Irish bar and headed to amnesia and the other two went back to the villa. I thought we were all happy with that and we went straight on to the terrace as my mate hadn't seen it before and the music was house music but it was banging compared to DC-10 my mate was loving it and we were enjoying a semi full dance floor with room to dance. Funny moment when a lot of Brit lads walked in full of smiles and stopped dead right next to us and we could see that they were thinking wtf is this music while everyone else in the place was in total shock out mode :lol: Love the atmosphere in Amnesia when it is not at full crush it's my favourite club in Ibiza Space can f**k right off 8) Anyway I digress, my mate is now feeling good from the drugs and I am on water only, and keep declining the offer of free dabs while we get ready for Hawtin. We head in to the main room at 0320 and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen serves us I will never forget her smile, she tells us Hawtin is due on at 0430. So we take spot infront of the bar at the top of the steps and start throwing shapes again. I have no idea who was playing but Hawtin came out at 0321 and had a word with the DJ, set his laptops up and by 0330 had taken over a whole hour early :lol: His first 15 mins was nice, he obviously couldn't just go all out from the guy before and he built a nice steady sound getting darker and darker with each track. By 4am the techno was in full flow and we kept doing that "thing" where you hug each other and my techno fist was now well and truely pumping at it's finest :) I decide I need a fresh air break about 5am and go outside to see a hotdog and sandwich stand yyeeeessssss!!!! I didn't feel like eating but I was low on energy so I opt for a ham and cheese sarny ram it down in 1 minute have a quick smoke and go back to face the beats. Relentless bass thumped through every organ in my body, I love the sound system in Amnesia, it just feels so thumping. I stomped with my mate for another hour only stopping to get more water from the beautiful barmaid who kept smiling at me like such a tease if only I could of had a go, just one I'm not selfish :spank:
We left about 6am totally knackered, but buzzing at the same time. Couldn't stop saying "f**k me that was amazing bla bla bla" I am sure we have all been there :lol: We got back to the villa and the mardy one had just gone to bed, and the other one who loves techno more then any of us had to endure us telling him how amazing it was, how there was no crush and it was just perfect...poor sod probably felt like telling us to eff off :D He had been doing mdma and listening to techno in the villa while the thunder and lightening kicked in. They selfishly left my towel in the sunbed and collected theirs and it was ruined :twisted: But I did not care, I had just had the best night in Ibiza ever and was sober for the whole thing. Funny how things can go from so low to so high in Ibiza, for me the music brought me through it and had I have not had some techno I would of been the mardiest kid there :p We had a beer together as sunlight came just after 7am and headed off for a nice sleep while the pounding beats stayed in my ears along with that bloody awful feeling that you'll never quite hear properly again. Love it 8)

Got to say having just read that back I totally re-lived it and got shivers....sorry if it seems like I am waffling on I guess I am writing it in such detail for my benefit while I can remember more then anyone elses :lol:8)

Brilliantttt, mate! Delighted my mix was part of the soundtrack to what sounds like utter drug-fueled, Ibizan debauchery, of which I sincerely approve! ;)

Also, nice bit of poetry in that you stayed in a villa in Port Des Torrent because that's exactly what we did last year. Nice that a little 'piece' of me returned to that part of the island this year.

Well done on the review by the way...

:lol:
Aye I am still listening to it daily mate, heard a few of the tracks being played in san an and pdb to so the guys who put them in the thread deserve much credit for predicting them to be on the Ibiza play lists this year and it's only June.

yeah ive had humbness in arms and legs and feeling like i was gona have a heart attack and also a feeling of totally zoning out. That was after Global Gathering and I was driving on the motorway at the time :cry:. Thinks its your body saying "you've had a big day champ , now hit the showers!"

Think I would of had complete melt down if I had been doing anything other then sitting down :D Good to hear I am not the only one who has suffered this to, I have had some bad come downs in the past my worst being in Ibiza in 08 when I sat head in hands at a beach bar after cocoon when I did we love and cocoon back to back but never had the mad sh1t happen to me like last week.

Early stages of a panic/anxiety attack by the sounds of it.

Happens to the best of us:lol:
I thought maybe I had done it all to myself, maybe that beer was the final straw before my body was telling me to give it nutrition. Whatever it was I hope to god it never happens again :lol:

Back