Jon Sa Trinxa

Here's a flyer I found at home.. Sasha bla bla bla.. but check that funky Room.. I was lucky to be house sharing with Sean Campbell that year and he was the resident at funky room at was the tiny room on the right when you entered.most walked pass without even knowing it's there.. this was Jon was still known as Jonathan.. I think the year later he became Jon Sa Trinxa..?
Screenshot_20200915_101835.jpg

Here's a flyer I found at home.. Sasha bla bla bla.. but check that funky Room.. I was lucky to be house sharing with Sean Campbell that year and he was the resident at funky room at was the tiny room on the right when you entered.most walked pass without even knowing it's there.. this was Jon was still known as Jonathan.. I think the year later he became Jon Sa Trinxa..?
View attachment 10343

Funky room was left when you enter, or was I in some state?

I could be wrong (I have form...) but have a hunch he won't be back. he hinted at this in the doc, frustrated by sound limiters last year and having a ball in Far East. he's getting on too. who knows though? everything is up in the air now. Having said that, I think more chilled DJs will emerge the big winners if clubs/events become more like bars (again this pure hypothesis on my part) in order to comply with ever evolving rules. if things carry on next summer as they have done.. market will adapt to an older more sedentary kind of visitor. certainly that is the experience on the mainland where all the DJs I know are playing bars or sitdown events now and catering music accordingly.

I could be wrong (I have form...) but have a hunch he won't be back. he hinted at this in the doc, frustrated by sound limiters last year and having a ball in Far East. he's getting on too. who knows though? everything is up in the air now. Having said that, I think more chilled DJs will emerge the big winners if clubs/events become more like bars (again this pure hypothesis on my part) in order to comply with ever evolving rules. if things carry on next summer as they have done.. market will adapt to an older more sedentary kind of visitor. certainly that is the experience on the mainland where all the DJs I know are playing bars or sitdown events now and catering music accordingly.

you might have a point with that. not completely unrelated... https://www.diariodeibiza.es/opinion/2020/12/08/justicia-tumba-hotel-concierto/1188604.html

He's scheduled to be on Andy Wilson's Sonica show week after next. I think it's just a mix though rather than a mix & chat which he usually does with some guests in the studio. So not sure if we'll get any further insight (or if he would even reveal anything at this stage). Maybe Andy will have some info from him. Anyway, always worth a listen nonetheless. *Eugene Tambourine was today's guest + A Man Called Adam next week.

He's scheduled to be on Andy Wilson's Sonica show week after next. I think it's just a mix though rather than a mix & chat which he usually does with some guests in the studio. So not sure if we'll get any further insight (or if he would even reveal anything at this stage). Maybe Andy will have some info from him. Anyway, always worth a listen nonetheless. *Eugene Tambourine was today's guest + A Man Called Adam next week.

tuned in now! :)

Hadn't listened in ages. Thanks for tipoff. Heard Sault, rheinzand, pete herbert amongst others.

Half the anticipation is the music Andy has lined up and half of whether he's locked himself out of the studio again or the equipment isn't working. He keeps it real for sure.

I'd prefer it if Andy Wilson was doing it instead of Franco tbh. is it likely to be a cheesefest every day now? Not that I'm massively arsed but I like DJs that really mix it up and reflect the mood. Jon played occasional techy crap but it was usually offset by some real gems which is why he was never dull imo

Back