Jellyfish situation?

Must say the medusa's are making the beaches less attractive....my last three trips (June 18 / July 18 / March 19) I was not able to swim in the ocean except for one or two lucky days.

it does hurt at first but usually after a few hours max the pain disappears with the common jellyfish we have here. I've said it plenty of times before, simply use a diving mask when swimming and you'll see them :)

Aye but even then, i find myself preoccupied with dodging the little guys, so much so that it soon becomes too much of a hassle and I retire to the safety of the beach. I'm a bit soft though... I lose my shit when a wasp hovers too close ?

I just downloaded an app called medusas ibiza. not sure how long it's been out but could be a pretty cool gadget.
I used the app on my short trip to Ibiza last week, worked like a charm. Went swimming to Salinas, sa Caleta, PdB beaches, there were no jellyfish, just as predicted by the app. Went snorkeling to Punta Galera - there were some jellyfish, again as predicted by the app. Very cool.

I used the app on my short trip to Ibiza last week, worked like a charm. Went swimming to Salinas, sa Caleta, PdB beaches, there were no jellyfish, just as predicted by the app. Went snorkeling to Punta Galera - there were some jellyfish, again as predicted by the app. Very cool.

the more people use the app (and actively report jellyfish sightings within the app), the better it will work!

Jellyfish here (Formentera, Es Pujols). Reported in app

Attachments

• FCE2F323-E45F-49EA-A2F4-6876D55BB303.jpeg
    FCE2F323-E45F-49EA-A2F4-6876D55BB303.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
Jelly fish spotted this week from San An all the way to Benirrás. Got stung off one in the cave just north of Cala Bassa (the beach was free of jellys that I saw) last Friday.

Out on a boat everywhere we stopped to the north of San An the little red coloured ones were about. Incidentally we saw a few tuna jumping near Cala Salada -do they feed on them :?: Still had a swim at Benirras but it put a stop to some cliff jumping we had planned

Slightly OT, but a few Portuguese Man ‘O War washed up in Cornwall U.K. at the weekend. Thank god there aren’t many of those evil things around the Balearics.

oh yeah those are nasty! very very seldomly we get those.

Jelly fish spotted this week from San An all the way to Benirrás. Got stung off one in the cave just north of Cala Bassa (the beach was free of jellys that I saw) last Friday.

Out on a boat everywhere we stopped to the north of San An the little red coloured ones were about. Incidentally we saw a few tuna jumping near Cala Salada -do they feed on them :?: Still had a swim at Benirras but it put a stop to some cliff jumping we had planned
Ibiza could do with some more Great White sharks.

What??

I'm confused ☺️🤔

I
Ibiza could do with some more Great White sharks.

What??
I wish , I would see a Great white one at any time. In Bali they have very nice Blacktips. Big , nice sharks , but harmless. No case of a attack known.
They have some White Sharks in the Med . At any time they saw one between Ibz and Formentera.

Jellyfish are a differnt story. I am afraid of them.

they're around, but not in massive numbers. where exactly changes from day to day with the wind and the currents…

Is the Medusas Ibiza App still used / updated by people? I’ve found that very accurate in the past.

you would expect there to be a medusa influx as sea water has been ridiculously warm. off the Murcia coast, it reached 30C last week!

you would expect there to be a medusa influx as sea water has been ridiculously warm. off the Murcia coast, it reached 30C last week!

Agree. I think all over the med the sea is a few degrees warmer.

I highly recommend the Medusas Ibiza app. It takes wind and currents into account. Very rarely have I gone to a beach where it says 2% chance and there been one.

Back