Jehovah Witless Dies For Faith

Could it not occur to you that as a facet of "religion"'s existence is that some people just don't understand/see it?

Of course. But if that those that claim to understand/know contradict each other then some of them don't understand/know, do they?

I think I've been smited down you know - I seem to have contracted man-flu while this thread has been going on:lol:

Aha Buckley but not all of us claim to know. I claim to believe and isnt belief different to knowledge?

Your claim that all parites agreeing with you that all others are wrong would be balanced out by them disagreeing with you on what they do believe is true. Even then thats a card we could all play surely?

Science has back so many claims in the bible over years it pains me sometimes to see most discoveries swept under the mainstream carpet.

So getting back to the point. I believe that Jesus Christ did exist and was sent to show us how to live. I do not know that but I believe that AND I am not from a "Church/religious" background so I cant agree with the indoctrine stuff you mentioned.

However, for the sake of discussions like these and moreover general interest on my part Ive had a bit of a swot up on the scientific approach to my faith and been intrigued.

Also nothing I have ever experienced before on this earth feels anywhere near as fullfilling as my faith.8)

Aha Buckley but not all of us claim to know. I claim to believe and isnt belief different to knowledge?

I think if you were a lawyer that'd lose you your case. It's weasel words that deny that if you believe something to be true you claim it as knowledge.

Hope, wishing and wanting something to be true, is an entirely different thing.

I think if you were a lawyer that'd lose you your case. It's weasel words that deny that if you believe something to be true you claim it as knowledge.

Hope, wishing and wanting something to be true, is an entirely different thing.

Belief:
The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.

How were those weasel words then?

Belief:
The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.

How were those weasel words then?

Because in this context your belief is in existence of God. Do you know he/she/it exists or do you hope?

Because in this context your belief is in existence of God. Do you know he/she/it exists or do you hope?

I believe. Thats where faith lies, in belief. If The Lords existence was totally proven by knowledge then faith would not exist. Now, knowing God and of God comes secondary to belief. Once you dip into the knowledge of God which you acquire by faith you then gain wisdom. Its an order of events, you know, a bit like He created the Heavens and the Earth.

Which of course is what I believe.:D

I believe. Thats where faith lies, in belief. If The Lords existence was totally proven by knowledge then faith would not exist. Now, knowing God and of God comes secondary to belief. Once you dip into the knowledge of God which you acquire by faith you then gain wisdom. Its an order of events, you know, a bit like He created the Heavens and the Earth.

Which of course is what I believe.:D

Same with me and the Flying Spaghetti Monster old chap;)

Will be very soon dude, we have an albums worth of stuff written and ready to go. Its just a case of getting into the studio and getting it done.

Back