Jade Goody Dies on Mothers Day

the last word on this sordid saga should perhaps go to Brooker. On the money as usual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4C1jxqDVYg

Never seen this Brooker before, as said, bang on the money.

Parky is bang on the money

Jade Goody 'represented wretched Britain', says Sir Michael Parkinson - Telegraph

"Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di," he said.

"When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today. She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and from that point on became a media chattel to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died."

Now watch all the Goody fans, puerile themselves, become Parky haters :lol:

I hear Jade has already got herself a job in heaven. Babysitting for David Cameron. :confused: (not my words)

He's not SIR Parky for nothing you know ;) :D

Brooker is a massive massive smug (unt though that sells out to the lowest common demoninator of the Fluffy Guardian reading morons every week.

1237735978861.jpg

Parky is bang on the money

Jade Goody 'represented wretched Britain', says Sir Michael Parkinson - Telegraph

"Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di," he said.

"When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today. She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and from that point on became a media chattel to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died."

Funny enough just read that a few moments ago elsewhere and have to agree...

People can sneer but the fact is the Guardian is streets ahead of all the other papers - the website is brilliant on every level - layout, sport, news, media, music - I don't agree with everything in there, it can wind me up but that's good journalism.

Brooker is brutally sarcastic but he identifies much of what is wrong with this increasingly superficial island and for that he is loved by anyone who is leftfield and cynical and weary of the kunts that govern us, own us and who make life so boring.

but yeah, let's read Guanty instead. Send the darkies home, ban the homos eh.. wouldn't life be simpler :rolleyes:

Also, as an aside, observe on this forum how chewie sniggers Muttley-style at any comment at my expense - each time following in with the after-kick... you keyboard warrior you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jades family moaning about press intrusion

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/apr/06/jade-goody-funeral-photos

The family of Jade Goody is threatening to sue the People for gross invasion of privacy after the red-top published pictures of the former Big Brother star's burial.

The People, which is owned by Trinity Mirror, yesterday ran pictures of the private burial in an eight-page pullout supplement called "funeral tribute".

Carter-Ruck, the law firm representing Goody's family, has today sent a letter to the editor of the People, Lloyd Embley, threatening legal action and asking for, a minimum of, a front-page apology.

Carter-Ruck phoned the newspaper's legal head yesterday to lodge a complaint over the publication of the images and calling for them not to be reprinted.

The images in the supplement ran across two pages, six and seven, entitled "Circle of tears at secret graveside" and showed an aerial shot of the family gathered at the burial.

The law firm said that all other newspapers respected the request not to publish images of the actual burial - made specifically by agents representing Goody - and that the legal action has been taken for "gross invasion of privacy".

Carter-Ruck confirmed that the letter had been sent.

The Guardian is a smart looking paper, probably the best in terms of style and presentation. It's suppliments and sections are good, esp on Sat.

But it's news reporting, columists and editorial comment is absolute gash that makes me cringe.

The Guardian is a smart looking paper, probably the best in terms of style and presentation. It's suppliments and sections are good, esp on Sat.

But it's news reporting, columists and editorial comment is absolute gash that makes me cringe.

I agree certain columnists are painful to read. Polly Toynbee for starters; however there's also people like max hastings who aren't exactly paid up Trots and speak a lot of sense

for all its sins though, sometimes The Guardian does us all a favour by revealing the shocking truth

eg

check this video from the G20

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/apr/07/video-g20-police-assault

that man died shortly after....

Telegraph rules. Straight-up news without (as much of) a slant.

But to be fair, most of your UK papers print a lot of crap. They may break stories, but often at the expense of proper accurate reporting.

But we've debated this before, and we digress...

Fascinating that action against The People by Goody's lawyers (see Nitefly post above). One wonders how they could seriously make such a claim.

Back