Jackmaster

I see the Ten Walls thing as slightly different to the Jackmaster incidents. I don't believe that the Ten Walls thing was related to mental health, it was obviously a deep held view. While I obviously disagree with it, and it offended me, I still hate this culture of 'banning people', 'forcing them to resign' etc when they say something that we all disagree with. Ten Walls works in an industry with a higher % of gay people, and a higher % of an audience that is either gay or more tolerant. Let him play, and then see if people stay in say the Main Room at DC10. Personally I'd move to the next room, but if enough people wanted to listen to him - then so be it.

The ten walls thing was much worse and rightly so.
I think Jackmasters career will be OK, at the time the stories of what he did ranged from shitting in a kettle to sexual assault.
You can't go round trying to kiss people but I believe it when he says he was out of control on drugs, still no excuse but he's had a year away from gigs/earning and a grovling apology and taking steps to address his drug problem so what more can we ask of him really.
Didn't the girl involved make a statement accepting his apology at the time? Although she did seem really upset about the incident.

I think Jackmasters career will be OK, at the time the stories of what he did ranged from shitting in a kettle to sexual assault.
You can't go round trying to kiss people but I believe it when he says he was out of control on drugs, still no excuse but he's had a year away from gigs/earning and a grovling apology and taking steps to address his drug problem so what more can we ask of him really.
Didn't the girl involved make a statement accepting his apology at the time? Although she did seem really upset about the incident.

Is Ten Walls not a product of the part of the world he’s from though? Does Lithuania not have a poor track record on LBGT?

I think they are both shites. Jackmaster getting an easier ride though cause he has more cool mates. On top of this story, read and heard about more of him being a bawbag....

Is Ten Walls not a product of the part of the world he’s from though? Does Lithuania not have a poor track record on LBGT?

I think they are both shites. Jackmaster getting an easier ride though cause he has more cool mates. On top of this story, read and heard about more of him being a bawbag....
Have you never made a mistake?

Maybe misleading in fairness, referring to their instances of questionable integrity specifically. Not anything broader than that. ??

A Facebook post is worse than sexual assault??

Will there be the same backlash as when Circo Loco booked Tenwalls? DJ’s refusing to play on same lineup. I don’t think there will be.

Exactly as @stivi set out. I remember he was billed to play Circo Loco the week after the story broke and there was a female DJ (can't remember who) on the line-up taking to Social Media to say they wouldn't play the same event and that it was a disgrace that they hadn't been advised he would still be playing. The gigs dried up after that.

I
Exactly as @stivi set out. I remember he was billed to play Circo Loco the week after the story broke and there was a female DJ (can't remember who) on the line-up taking to Social Media to say they wouldn't play the same event and that it was a disgrace that they hadn't been advised he would still be playing. The gigs dried up after that.

I'd be interested to know if that female dj and other djs that have made statements about Tenwalls have played in any country's which have laws against homosexuality.

I bet there is a load of djs who are are happy to play in these countries for £££ but will the bad mouth Tenwalls because he is an easy target rather than say they are no going to play in a country that has issues with homosexuality etc.

What I’d be interested to know is how may of these people that jumped on jackmaster when he acted like a prk, are still happy to Listen to their beloved Michael Jackson or R Kelly, Iggy Pop Elvis Presley Bill Wyman Chuck Berry jimmy page to name a few? Fk it they molested a few kids but we can’t let that ruin their musical legacy, so will let these ones go. Needs to be put in perspective don’t you think?
He got found out and it got dealt with. Guy deserves another chance if the majority are happy to let the others get away with it.

What I’d be interested to know is how may of these people that jumped on jackmaster when he acted like a prk, are still happy to Listen to their beloved Michael Jackson or R Kelly, Iggy Pop Elvis Presley Bill Wyman Chuck Berry jimmy page to name a few? Fk it they molested a few kids but we can’t let that ruin their musical legacy, so will let these ones go. Needs to be put in perspective don’t you think?
He got found out and it got dealt with. Guy deserves another chance if the majority are happy to let the others get away with it.
Exactly, plenty of people love to virtue signal, until it comes to an artist that they like

He is from Lithuania and knowing his age he grown up under the soviet unions 'Iron Curtain' where homosexuality was bad and wrong. And if you thought otherwise everyone would think that there is something wrong with you too. Even after years of independence a lot of people have views like that but it is getting better. It was crazy tho how many people start full on hating him - maybe a bit more forgiving and 'educational' approach to 'punish him' could have had a better impact...

He is from Lithuania and knowing his age he grown up under the soviet unions 'Iron Curtain' where homosexuality was bad and wrong. And if you thought otherwise everyone would think that there is something wrong with you too. Even after years of independence a lot of people have views like that but it is getting better. It was crazy tho how many people start full on hating him - maybe a bit more forgiving and 'educational' approach to 'punish him' could have had a better impact...
Absolutely agree.

I missed it at the time but he posted a statement 31st May apparently. Doesn't really say much but probably building his back to 'reappear' towards the end of this year no doubt

Back