Jackmaster

Yeah see both points to a degree on the one hand it’s an interesting topic for discussion and on the other hand don’t want to indulge in speculating on something about a dj that still is yet to be clarified but has gone viral...I kind of do care though if it turns out a dj I have seen play and enjoyed and to a degree invested time in is a massive Helen Hunt. Wouldn’t you?

I think this whole story just confirms to me really just how bullshit the DJ industry is becoming - a celebrity circus where fans hang on every word by some "big name" and who then ensure that any controversy goes viral faster than a speeding bullet. DJs for me will never be a human interest story because they are not and will never be interesting to me for anything other than what they place on those turntables. It surely can't just be me that thinks this? Or am I just screaming into the void like that madman on my local nitbus?

I'd agree with that. I really only started clubbing early 00's and there was never really that much focus on DJ's outside of DJ/Music magazines etc. I think part of this is all down to social media. Only thing I'd say is IF there is allegations of sexual misconduct etc, then I hope they are investigated properly and come to a conclusion quickly rather than heresay rumour and gossip.

I guess this is rehashing some of the debates I had during the Ten Walls saga - I just take the view that maybe punters now know a bit too much about DJs that isn't really that relevant to the actual party. If a DJ has been a dick or committed a crime, then shouldn't it be up to either the booker (or the police) to sort it out, rather than punters themselves taking the ethical high ground? Are we also not losing sight of what parties are about? the old raves brought everyone together - posh kids, hoolies, students, gangsters (some very dodgy people included) but it all got left at the door for a few hours. did people in 89 boycott parties because the person dancing next to them had once stuck an axe in someone's head? they probably didn't think about it. I'm just throwing a few thoughts out there, not justifying any shitty behaviour.

It’s all bollocks, reminds me of this

What else have you done?
Gary: Punched Jessica Tandy.
Alan: Yeah, that was nasty. That was nasty. It says you also threw Whoopi Goldbergs copper kettle at a cat.
Gary: No, no. Other way round.
Alan: You threw a cat at Whoopi Goldbergs copper kettle?
Gary: No, no. I threw a copper kettle at Whoopi Goldbergs cat.
Alan: That’s what I said.
Gary: No, you said I threw Whoopi Goldbergs copper kettle at a cat. I didn’t, I threw a copper kettle at Whoopi Goldbergs cat. (Alan is looking confused) It wasn’t Whoopi Goldbergs copper kettle.
Alan: Right. It was Whoopi Goldbergs cat. So who’s copper kettle was it?
Gary: Jessica Tandy’s.

yeah let’s just all turn a blind eye to it then and not discuss it - if thats what people did 25 years ago that’s probably the right way to go and let’s just all get on with having a party.

if you're at a party and you witness shitty behaviour then by all means get involved, intervene, report it, do the right thing.

but my issue is with the outrage culture and the gossip factory trashing careers. of course, gossip is a laugh esp if you're an outsider/bored at work, but how relevant is any of it to your ability to enjoy a night out? esp if you're smashed and don't even know what the DJ looks like? are we really all supposed to play moral judge & jury on the dancefloor? it just feels weird to me.

Re: why he hasn't come completely clean, I've heard that it is the wish of the alleged victims that things are taken no further. Also, there seems to be a growing consensus that poogate was a tactic to deflect attention away from the real issue.

Yeah it’s all ifs and maybes isn’t it so probably best step away. Much as we probably hate it social media is part of the game now and he has courted it all in the past to play the game and further his career, asked for votes at end of year polls etc...obviously when things go wrong it quickly all turns against you, but you can’t have it one way without the other.

if you're at a party and you witness shitty behaviour then by all means get involved, intervene, report it, do the right thing.

but my issue is with the outrage culture and the gossip factory trashing careers. of course, gossip is a laugh esp if you're an outsider/bored at work, but how relevant is any of it to your ability to enjoy a night out? esp if you're smashed and don't even know what the DJ looks like? are we really all supposed to play moral judge & jury on the dancefloor? it just feels weird to me.

Agree with this. Unfortunately dance music has failed to avoid the age of rampant social media virtue-signalling with everyone constantly trying to outdo each other on the sanctimony scale.

Re: why he hasn't come completely clean, I've heard that it is the wish of the alleged victims that things are taken no further. Also, there seems to be a growing consensus that poogate was a tactic to deflect attention away from the real issue.

I’ve met him a good few times over the years via going to the same clubs in Glasgow and not living that far away from him and he’s always came across as a prize one, although I think you have to be a bit of a tosser to do well in that industry... I’ve never had him down as a beast though and could well be bullshit allegations that have been made against him.. or not :)

Last edited:
Could be.. but then I think, surely he would be protesting his innocence instead of apologising unreservedly?
You would think Love Saves the Day would be pretty confident this happened for it to come out like it did. They wouldn't want the negative hysteria as much as he wouldn't.

I've never met him. But I always liked the persona he portrayed. Seemed to be somebody who lived the sesh lifestyle, never took himself too seriously and called out BS when he saw it. Maybe you could accuse him of double-standards at times. And understandably, he wasn't to everybody's taste. I never expected this of him tbh. But then, when do you?

Last edited:
What's the chances of it soon blowing over and him getting bookings as normal, as long as he can stop himself getting so wrecked in future, with recent losses in his life

What's the chances of it soon blowing over and him getting bookings as normal, as long as he can stop himself getting so wrecked in future, with recent losses in his life
He fckd I reckon. Did peggy drop him like a hot spud?or were they ever even a couple... or just fck buddies

The guy is 32 and has people constantly telling him how fantastic he is, probably living a lots of peoples dream.

We all know some people who think they are superstars because a big named DJ once Liked one of their posts or Soundcloud mixes, or the local DJ who plays local bars who thinks he is a fanny magnet. All depends on the type of person you are, you remain humble and normal or start acting like a prick. You meet these people in all walks of life.

Met a few DJs over the years, some absolute wankers and others the nicest most humble people you could meet.

The guy is 32 and has people constantly telling him how fantastic he is, probably living a lots of peoples dream.

We all know some people who think they are superstars because a big named DJ once Liked one of their posts or Soundcloud mixes, or the local DJ who plays local bars who thinks he is a fanny magnet. All depends on the type of person you are, you remain humble and normal or start acting like a prick. You meet these people in all walks of life.

Met a few DJs over the years, some absolute wankers and others the nicest most humble people you could meet.

He looks like he is touching 40

This.

Though, having met a lot of DJ's over the years through doing events and at other peoples shows, the vast majority of them have been cool. Clearly, different personalities etc etc but the vast majority haven't acted like pricks and have been decent to get along with. As in any walk of life there will be some pricks and there has been.

I haven't met Jackmaster so cant comment on how I found him.

Back