Jackmaster

he is apologising profusely about it then everyone should move on from this specific incident and focus on it not happening again to other in the industry.

Is he ? His management wrote a statement that said he shat in a kettle and NO mention of this. It was then put out there by randoms on social media and he 'admitted it' in a new statement. He only did it because he HAD to

Nope, don't agree with this at all.

Not saying he should be 'tarred and feathered' but attitudes like 'we've all been there' etc really highlight the problem.

If anything, the actual allegations mentioned have been watered down to protect him. Him (and other associates) have previous for being dicks.
This is exactly the response I knew someone would give. If you read what I said about f****** up I was not talking about anything as bad as this I just meant have you ever in your life been out and woke up and thought shit I wish I hadn't done that?? That's what I meant

That does not mean that makes it right I'm just saying without knowing the full picture personally its a bit unfair jumping to conclusions about someone who has clearly made a very big mistake which I'm sure he seriously regrets.

Yeah punish him and lets all keep talking about this incident and not the bigger picture! This is
most likely happening all over and a lot more often than people realise but its just not in the lime light until a name as big a Jackmaster is involved.​

Is he ? His management wrote a statement that said he shat in a kettle and NO mention of this. It was then put out there by randoms on social media and he 'admitted it' in a new statement. He only did it because he HAD to
For all you know maybe that's what he's being told to do by i'm sure lots of PR, Agents and Lawyers who I assume are involved. It obviously a lot more complex that any average person will every find out about it

For all you know maybe that's what he's being told to do by i'm sure lots of PR, Agents and Lawyers who I assume are involved. It obviously a lot more complex that any average person will every find out about it

Sounds like he can't control his actions on drugs (date rape ones at that too....) and can't even control his own statements! Poor bloke o_O

Let me spell it out for you. What he allegedly did, based on limited details, does not warrant all of this noise. I think even the victim said she wants to move on.
Incorrect. She (actually, they) want to move on from the ordeal. But they very much want the public to have an open forum on the very real and regular instances of sexual assault in our industry.

So you don't think there is a problem with a man that 12 months ago said he wanted the industry to take a stand against behavior to women in Dance music etc, then goes on to sexually harass men and women who were in low paid or unpaid roles and were there to look after 'him' ? Not to add while his posse of hanger-on-ers stood by and watched (and probably laughed / encouraged him) ?

Nope never said I don’t have a problem with it. Just think the story has run its course. My opinion of course.

Incorrect. She (actually, they) want to move on from the ordeal. But they very much want the public to have an open forum on the very real and regular instances of sexual assault in our industry.

Ok well there has not been much of an open forum so far, although I don’t really know what that even means. It’s basically digressed into high horses and witch hunts. Sort of my point.

It's an open point to be interpreted as we (the public) see fit. So let's start.. had this happened to say - for the point of discussion - a fairly (by comparison) unconnected Lithuanian DJ instead of Jackmaster, would we be here discussing whether Circo should be dropping him? Or would he already be dropped?

Genuine question. Interested to see what the forum thinks.

It's an open point to be interpreted as we (the public) see fit. So let's start.. had this happened to say - for the point of discussion - a fairly (by comparison) unconnected Lithuanian DJ instead of Jackmaster, would we be here discussing whether Circo should be dropping him? Or would he already be dropped?

Genuine question. Interested to see what the forum thinks.

Said it earlier about sulta and circoloco line ups...(not in this context of course) but it’s jobs for the boys

Said Lithuanian wasn’t seen as one of the ‘lads’ / wasn’t as much of a popular figure in industry as said Scottsman

Without doubt there is different consequences for different people here and it’s certainly not based on ‘levels’ of how bad said accusations are

Said it earlier about sulta and circoloco line ups...(not in this context of course) but it’s jobs for the boys

Said Lithuanian wasn’t seen as one of the ‘lads’ / wasn’t as much of a popular figure in industry as said Scottsman

Without doubt there is different consequences for different people here and it’s certainly not based on ‘levels’ of how bad said accusations are

Mos Def

To conclude, sounds like he’s a prize bell.

Ok well there has not been much of an open forum so far, although I don’t really know what that even means. It’s basically digressed into high horses and witch hunts. Sort of my point.

It has digressed into how serious you think sexual assault is. I obviously disagree with your views on sexual harassment, groping and behaving like a dick.

It has digressed into how serious you think sexual assault is. I obviously disagree with your views on sexual harassment, groping and behaving like a dick.

Nah our views are the same. My comment was more about thinking people should move on with their lives.

I think an as big issue here is we have DJs drinking from bottles of GHB as their teams just look on and do nothing. Has the industry learnt anything from Avicii’s death...

I think an as big issue here is we have DJs drinking from bottles of GHB as their teams just look on and do nothing. Has the industry learnt anything from Avicii’s death...

Too many hanger-ons. Why would you want to risk not getting any more free guest lists, drinks etc by telling a DJ what to do. Even more weird given what Jack said after Avicii death, looking after your mates etc....

I mean, have him on your line-up if you want to. It's your party, do what you want. That's your discretion. But making him the headline name - in this week of all, that's deliberately trying to stoke the flames, isn't It?
People are big enough to make their own decisions and vote with their feet / wallets. 99% won't be in the least bit bothered, place will still be packed to the rafters. Fair play to them for backing him, story had been wildly exaggerated from what actually happened.

Back