ive done a bootleg, but...

djcarlos

i dont know how to upload it to hear your top quality opinions!

someone said i have to get webspace or something!?

i really want to hear what u think im not far off finishing it and then i hav to work on a b side in order to get the release on white label. the people in 3 beat records like it.

can anyone tell me how to upload?

i only have it as a wave file which is probably too big.

hopefully i will work out how to do it so u can hav a listen, ideally i would like to hav it ready 4 summer but that might be a bit too hard

djcarlos said:
i only have it as a wave file which is probably too big.

hopefully i will work out how to do it so u can hav a listen, ideally i would like to hav it ready 4 summer but that might be a bit too hard

If you have soundforge you can open the .wav then save it as an mp3 ;)

Sure windows media player lets you save as mp3 too!

sorry dude,

its the vocals of over you (defected) with a DJ Nekbath tune. quite cool coz the vocals are quite well known but not been overdone, and the nekbath tune hardly anyone has heard of! i got the nekbath album for free ive never even heard of him!

not sure yet early dayz.

someone from 3beat will put me in touch with a guy in london. i can either pay upfront or have commission.

to be honest its my first booty, im a DJ and its my first attempt of a production!

if any of you know a good program to change the key of vocals without changin the pitch it'd b gr8!

;)

[changing pitch but not speed :) ] u can do it in soundforge though a nice prog is melodyne, it will work out the average pitch on each segment and display it on a piano roll. U can then change the pitch of each section with pretty good results.

Word of warning though, unless its only a tiny bit out of tune i wouldnt bother because if the root notes of the two tracks are diff then it wont work v well.

djcarlos said:
thanks 4 ur help guys,

have any of you had any white label releases or working on stuff of ur own??

I have (worked on similar stuff), and my one point is this.

Your stuff will ALWAYS sound much better to you than to other people.

And most bootlegs are shit. Epecially house ones. Think of all the crap you come across on soulseek and HTFR. That is what yours will sound like to other people.

Just remember that. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

I was once inches away from whacking up a load of vinyls with a cheap bootleg I'd done. Then I realised people just didn't dig it as much as I did, even though it was, quite clearly the best house record ever made.

x-amount said:
djcarlos said:
thanks 4 ur help guys,

And most bootlegs are shit. Epecially house ones. Think of all the crap you come across on soulseek and HTFR. That is what yours will sound like to other people.

I was once inches away from whacking up a load of vinyls with a cheap bootleg I'd done. Then I realised people just didn't dig it as much as I did, even though it was, quite clearly the best house record ever made.

Completely honest and quite frankly brilliant advice which made me piss myself laughing.

Post of the day! Hats off!

x-amount said:
djcarlos said:
thanks 4 ur help guys,

yeah i kno wat u mean thats y i want to upload a bit of it for u lot to judge, a lot of DJs in liverpool r likin it tho so hopefully im not bein blind and naive

djcarlos said:
x-amount said:
djcarlos said:
thanks 4 ur help guys,

yeah i kno wat u mean thats y i want to upload a bit of it for u lot to judge, a lot of DJs in liverpool r likin it tho so hopefully im not bein blind and naive

yeah... give the guy a chance people :confused: :)

hehe its very true though, years ago I used to think my tracks were pro sounding... they were shit... :lol:

:D

djcarlos said:
sorry dude,

its the vocals of over you (defected) with a DJ Nekbath tune. quite cool coz the vocals are quite well known but not been overdone, and the nekbath tune hardly anyone has heard of! i got the nekbath album for free ive never even heard of him!

I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NOT TO PRESS THIS ONTO VINYL OR ATTEMPT TO SELL THIS IN ANYWAY...

CD's for you and a few mates are fine!

Back