Is there anything particularly wrong with staying in San An?

sethSLC

You stayed in San An, and I'm curious about that so maybe you guys that have been there before can shed some light. 4 of us are going for the first time and we're staying in San An, but while browsing through these forums I've come across some people saying they were warned to avoid staying in San An, but they don't say why. Is there anything particularly wrong with staying in San An vs. the other side of the island?

hi sethSLC and welcome to the forum.

i moved your post here as you were replying to a review from last year.

theres nothing wrong with staying in san antonio..... anyone who tells you otherwise has no idea ! !

san an-haters are a funny bunch.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Its got a bad reputation but I've stayed there 3 times (4th this year) and I like the area. Like everywhere it's got good bits and bad bit's.

So then another question is about the clubs, is it generally just clubwear that people wear, or do they sometimes go all out for the bigger nights? Some of the big parties here at raves, weekend events, and even the bigger clubs we'll dress up in full raver gear, scantily clad raver chicks etc. I'm asking cause the girls going with us want to know if its worth it to bring any of their costumes or if we should all just stick to normal club night clothes.

So then another question is about the clubs, is it generally just clubwear that people wear, or do they sometimes go all out for the bigger nights? Some of the big parties here at raves, weekend events, and even the bigger clubs we'll dress up in full raver gear, scantily clad raver chicks etc. I'm asking cause the girls going with us want to know if its worth it to bring any of their costumes or if we should all just stick to normal club night clothes.

You can wear pretty much whatever you like. Rules are much more relaxed than those of clubs in the UK. Some people dress up for show, some people dress down for comfort.

Although, arriving at Pacha or Space in full cyber gear might turn a few heads and raise a few smiles.:lol:

You stayed in San An, and I'm curious about that so maybe you guys that have been there before can shed some light. 4 of us are going for the first time and we're staying in San An, but while browsing through these forums I've come across some people saying they were warned to avoid staying in San An, but they don't say why. Is there anything particularly wrong with staying in San An vs. the other side of the island?

Its more about music than hating San An.. I stayed there the first time I went to Ibiza many years ago and I loved it. That was 10 years ago though when I loved Trance. There are a few smaller places there now that have different music but I think its more convenient if you like house and Techno or if you want to be near Space to stay in PDB and San An is more geared toward trance and hard house. The problem with San An is it was featured on a programme a few years back making it look like Blackpool with drunken yobs and slags but as far as Im concerned theres yobs and slags everywhere its just the ones in San An have bad musical taste

Its more about music than hating San An.. I stayed there the first time I went to Ibiza many years ago and I loved it. That was 10 years ago though when I loved Trance. There are a few smaller places there now that have different music but I think its more convenient if you like house and Techno or if you want to be near Space to stay in PDB and San An is more geared toward trance and hard house. The problem with San An is it was featured on a programme a few years back making it look like Blackpool with drunken yobs and slags but as far as Im concerned theres yobs and slags everywhere its just the ones in San An have bad musical taste

I'm not sure about the Trance thing in San An?! Garlands, Wonderland, Pukka up, Miss Moneypenny's, SuperFreq etc etc all in San An this year.

You're right about the San An perception through the TV programme Ibiza Uncovered. It just showed all the 18-30 bar crawl brigade, getting scattered seeing how many shags they can have in one night before throwing up everywhere.
Whilst it's not quite that bad, this is all down one area called the west end. Either side of the west end, the famous sunset strip, Mambo, Savannah, Cafe Del mar etc are pretty chilled. I also like the bars along from Bar M - Bay Bar etc. Really chilled atmosphere, big comf chairs\cushions etc etc.

If you stay in San An, its still not too far to get to Pacha, Privilege, Amnesia etc.

Ive stayed in San An for the last 4 years and never seemed to have a problem, you do get the drunken idiots but you get that anywhere and i've always expected that from a clubbing destination. I think San An is a really nice place, everything that i want to do is there and there are some nice people there too.

It aint all 18-30's anyway. My mates parents are in their 60's and go to San Antonio every year (but don't let that put you off;)).

Was my first time in ibiza last week and stayed in san an bay bcoz some ppl on here were saying that san an was full of piss heads blah blah blah but when i walked up there was nothing like that i enjoyed it :)

san an bay was nice though really chilled and some really good bars like bay bar loved that place !!

I stayed in San Antonio for 10 years straight and have missed the place these last couple of years. There's a lot more to San An than just beer and Trance, but it's up to you to try and find it!! There's good watersports all around the bay, terrific retaurants, the sunset bars (although my personal favourite is Kumharas which is round the bay), loads to see and do if you can be bothered! What I would say about San Antonio is that what you get out of the place is directly affected by the effort you put in. If all you want to do is lay by the pool and get hammered every night then you can do that. If you want to travel to some of the other clubs the bus ride costs 3 Euro, so will hardly break the bank. And if you just want to chill, take in a breathtaking sunset and eat REALLY good food you can do that aswell. Don't let the nay-sayers put you off. I love the place and I'm a bit of an old fart these days!!

Well the Trance thing is great, cause while we love all kinds of music we do love Trance above all. We'll probably hit up as many of the big clubs as we can fit in during the week and are planning on taking the bus around. As far as the drunken rabble rousers go, that shouldn't bother us all that much, we're pretty easy going so as long as they don't actually try and start some #### with us directly we'll probably hardly even notice it.

As far as dress goes I think we'll do casual yet comfortable club clothes most nights, maybe going all out on Tuesday for Armin at Amnesia, or Cream like we do for some of the bigger parties over here. Here are some pics from San Francisco's LoveFest party and what the girls wore, they said to ask if its cool to wear stuff like this there, and if others do it too? They don't want to be the only ones going all out

z7DXZ.jpg

KgLwD.jpg

IiR0X.jpg

Kb7jx.jpg

rhaZ9.jpg

Back