Is there anything particularly wrong with staying in San An?

Well the Trance thing is great, cause while we love all kinds of music we do love Trance above all. We'll probably hit up as many of the big clubs as we can fit in during the week and are planning on taking the bus around. As far as the drunken rabble rousers go, that shouldn't bother us all that much, we're pretty easy going so as long as they don't actually try and start some #### with us directly we'll probably hardly even notice it.

As far as dress goes I think we'll do casual yet comfortable club clothes most nights, maybe going all out on Tuesday for Armin at Amnesia, or Cream like we do for some of the bigger parties over here. Here are some pics from San Francisco's LoveFest party and what the girls wore, they said to ask if its cool to wear stuff like this there, and if others do it too? They don't want to be the only ones going all out
i think the perfect explanation about the main difference of san an to other places on the island (mostly comparing to pdb) is the simple fact that it's like a "small Great Britain" there - i don't have the exact numbers but i suppose it's like 95% of san an's tourists are British...

on the contrary Playa den Bossa has more international vibe and i can assure u by myself while hooking up with people from serbia, holland, belgium, spain, slovenia, argentina and italy as i remember from last year closings... :)

so it's up to you to decide in the end what's "geographic-atmosphere" you'd prefer.

as for the clothing - the first pic looks kinda extreme and actually a little bit out of date concerning the end of that rave-era-style that ended many years ago - it reminds me those white gloves or the cowboy hats that "died" ages ago but still u can c some ppl wearing them hehe (no offence ;))
the 3rd pic looks awesome and actually reminds me the amnesia dancers :)
other pix are ok too and there won't be a real problem of being the "joke of the party" so... just a little advice - get rid of the wings when attending the big clubs coz it can be really busy there and u'll just loose them in a minutes :)

hope my comment is not too harsh and didn't offend the girls - pass them hugs n kisses from me. i promise to invite them to some san miguel if we ll meet on the island... ;)

i think the perfect explanation about the main difference of san an to other places on the island (mostly comparing to pdb) is the simple fact that it's like a "small Great Britain" there - i don't have the exact numbers but i suppose it's like 95% of san an's tourists are British...

on the contrary Playa den Bossa has more international vibe and i can assure u by myself while hooking up with people from serbia, holland, belgium, spain, slovenia, argentina and italy as i remember from last year closings... :)

so it's up to you to decide in the end what's "geographic-atmosphere" you'd prefer.

as for the clothing - the first pic looks kinda extreme and actually a little bit out of date concerning the end of that rave-era-style that ended many years ago - it reminds me those white gloves or the cowboy hats that "died" ages ago but still u can c some ppl wearing them hehe (no offence ;))
the 3rd pic looks awesome and actually reminds me the amnesia dancers :)
other pix are ok too and there won't be a real problem of being the "joke of the party" so... just a little advice - get rid of the wings when attending the big clubs coz it can be really busy there and u'll just loose them in a minutes :)

hope my comment is not too harsh and didn't offend the girls - pass them hugs n kisses from me. i promise to invite them to some san miguel if we ll meet on the island... ;)

No offence taken :) The 3rd pic is them, the others were just shots we took of random people in the crowds. The wings were a spur of the moment buy at a store there, and got trashed within minutes from cig burns and crowded dancing, they've still got the outfits though. I think the girlfriends will bring some and just kind of see how they feel when we get there about wearing them out or not. I'm sure they don't want to get hit on too much.

For the boys we usually go with cargo shorts or jeans, shoes, and either T-shirts or button shirts depending on the weather. We generally go with whats most comfortable for hours of dancing.

As far as the first pic most people don't wear the really old school stuff anymore, only when its kind of a throw back old school party. LoveFest in San Francisco is kind of that, an old school party in the middle of downtown on the steps of the capital, with lots of hippies, and old timers thrown in the mix so its a kind of unique melting pot of personalities and dress.

As far as the Brits go, since we're all from the U.S. that suits us fine and there won't be any issues with language barriers. So I think we actually picked the right spot for us after all.

The 3rd pic is them
wow, niiiice!
when did u say u are coming? :rolleyes: 8) j/k

For the boys we usually go with cargo shorts or jeans, shoes, and either T-shirts or button shirts depending on the weather. We generally go with whats most comfortable for hours of dancing.

in the end u can do whatever u want man, so all the old skool stuff may seem odd to me but if u feel comfortable with what u r wearing so it's up to u - it' all about freedom and self-expression :)

As far as the Brits go, since we're all from the U.S. that suits us fine and there won't be any issues with language barriers. So I think we actually picked the right spot for us after all
cool, enjoy yourself m8! :)

the simple fact that it's like a "small Great Britain" there - i don't have the exact numbers but i suppose it's like 95% of san an's tourists are British...

i do, as per inestur, the tourist stats authority

spanish 34%
german 16%
british 35%

surprised?

I think how old you are/feel has something to do with if you want to stay in San An. I'm 35 and this will be my 21st season. I used to go to San An as it was the cheapest place to get a package holiday for 2 weeks. when i was about 25ish i statrted staying other places and finally bought a place 6 years ago. San An has the youngest crowd on the island which is probably to do with it being the cheapest place to stay/eat/drink with the most bars/clubs etc.

I was there the other week and was feeling old in Viva/Hush/Plastik etc. But when i was in Ibiza town i didn't feel so old, as there are plenty of other old gits about!

I still love San An but wouldn't stay there anymore as, in my old age, i need a quieter life!

Clothes

I have stayed in San An Bay the last 2 years and to tell the truth, everyone wears different things. We went out one night in shorts, vest top and flip flops (very dressed down) and the next night in dress, heels and jewellery (very dressed up).

Like others have said, its whatever you feel comfortable in and everyone is different.

We seen a lot of girls dressed in neon stuff when we were there last year as they were going to the clubland parties and it looked really good. I love seeing people dressed up, shows that that they have a fun side to them that they are not afraid to show!

Have a great time and enjoy - its your holiday so do/wear whatever you want and if people dont like it - stuff 'em! :lol:

... San An Bay ... neon stuff ...
does anybody know the name of that "neon"-shop with blacklight in sanan
(same street + side of street as the old location of the cafedelmar-shop,
only a few meters up the hill) ?

Hiya Seth

I went over to Ibiza for the first time last year, staying in San Antonio, and like yourself I was slightly worried about how I would find it.

The only exposure I'd had to San An was through the programme 'Ibiza Uncovered', which has already been mentioned. Being slightly older (31 at the time), I was slightly nervous about just how bad it would be!

But, I bought a few guide books, joined this forum (on the guide books advice) and done a bit of research, and quickly discovered that these TV programmes (Ibiza, Greece, Miami etc - Uncovered) are a complete and utter load of old s:!::!:t. They have absolutely no resemblance to the places they're supposed to represent, and all they do is focus on a small proportion of idiots in a very specific part of the resort. It should have really been called 'Chavs and Neds in the West End Uncovered'! At the end of the day, they're just trying to make sensationalist and shocking TV, so that they get the viewing figures up.

Anyway, I was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised by San An. Fair enough, the West End looks like a complete nightmare (I only looked up the street leading into it, that was enough for me), but I actually found San An to be really classy in the most part. In particular, the strip of bars from the Bay Bar to The Orange Corner, and from Savannah to Kanya (sunset strip), were amongst some of the nicest, classiest bars I've ever been in (especially the Bay Bar, and Kanya)! I won't go into too much detail, but if you want to know a wee bit more about what I thought of San An, I wrote a review on another part of the forum:

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=58122

Only thing is, I didn't go to either Es Paradis or Eden, so I can't really comment on the San An clubbing.

Regarding clothing (for guys), on my 3 nights clubbing I basically wore jeans/combat trousers and a t-shirt (but a kind of 'dressy' one, not just a sports t-shirt). Thing is, the only club that seemed to have any kind of dress code was Pacha, and all that was saying was no shorts or vests, and proper footwear (not sandals or flip-flops).

Amnesia and Privilege seemed to have no dress code. There was people that had made an effort, but there was also people that looked like they had just stepped in off the beach! So I think for these clubs, just wear whatever you're happy and comfortable in!

For what to wear for females, a couple of comments on the 3rd photo down:

1: WOW!:D:D
2: (hopefully more productive than 1). To be honest, what they're wearing looks ideal for clubbing (minus the wings). In all the clubs I went to, they're was a fair proportion of females that had obviously made an effort, so your friends would fit in no problem. Plus, I always feel it adds to the sense of occasion if an effort's made!

Hope that helps

Steve

2008 Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3045435...7607269278221/
2009: 59 days to go, ya dancer!

Last edited by a moderator:
IiR0X.jpg

Kb7jx.jpg

rhaZ9.jpg
Thats pretty much how I dress most days

I'd pick San An over PDB, if only for the sunsets.

I actually think Eden does some decent nights. We went in early June last year and saw Stanton Warriors for free. The club wasn't packed, but the tunes were great. Have also enjoyed old skool nights there, but I avoid anything trance-y.

san an does it for me. a great strip of restaurants and bars along the port at affordable prices, plenty of live music of all different types, a chance to listen to some hip jazz at villa mercedes and not have to stay up all night (a la pereyra) and now there's a late night bus straight to our house. the thought of going into ibiza town for a night out never ever crosses our minds.

Back