INTRODUCE YOURSELF PLEASE

Lurkin' for a week past, visiting the island soon, so just sayin' Hello\Hola ahead of posting random questions on the forum.

When I land, I intend to speak Spanish (badly), dance (like I was a parent at a wedding), ride a scooter (quickly), and everything else in between. I'm old enough to know better but I'm not letting that stop me.

Lurkin' for a week past, visiting the island soon, so just sayin' Hello\Hola ahead of posting random questions on the forum.

When I land, I intend to speak Spanish (badly), dance (like I was a parent at a wedding), ride a scooter (quickly), and everything else in between. I'm old enough to know better but I'm not letting that stop me.

Welcome - will it be your first time on the island?

Hi guys,

I am Deeps. I am 35 years old from London. It's my 2nd time in Ibiza but tbh I don't remember anything from my 1st trip. It's all a blur. I came here 10 years back when I was a student and it's pretty much a blur now :p I have recently got back to Techno, house and just chill out in general. Hope find like minded ppl here and meet new ppl. Thanks.

Morning, i`ve posted a few things and gained some great info from Spotlight so thought i`d better introduce myself!
I'm aged 42, live and work in North Cumbria, married with 2 boys.
Been clubbing (or `ravin` as we used to call it) since 1992. I`ve been collecting and playing House music for as long as i can remember, back when Woolies had a 12" vinyl shelf and `Love Cant Turn Around` appeared. Listen more to the techy side of things these days.
Finally got to see Ibiza in 2010 for the closing parties and have returned every 2 years to blow the cobwebs off. Have stayed in Bossa each time, except a family trip last year when we stayed in Cala Llonga.

Morning, I've been lurking in the back ground for about 6 weeks! Age 39, going to Ibiza for the first time mid Sept to celebrate being nearly 40. Don't get out raving much these days, i generally see more live music. Always loved clubbing and dancing, makes me feel alive. Always wanted to go to Ibiza, but never made it in my younger days, travelling took priority. So it's finally happening. It's an understatement that I'm just a little bit excited.

Morning, I've been lurking in the back ground for about 6 weeks! Age 39, going to Ibiza for the first time mid Sept to celebrate being nearly 40. Don't get out raving much these days, i generally see more live music. Always loved clubbing and dancing, makes me feel alive. Always wanted to go to Ibiza, but never made it in my younger days, travelling took priority. So it's finally happening. It's an understatement that I'm just a little bit excited.
Our trip this time includes ages from 40 - 52, we wouldn't generally enter a UK club but in Ibiza its acceptable to dance at any age :)

Our trip this time includes ages from 40 - 52, we wouldn't generally enter a UK club but in Ibiza its acceptable to dance at any age :)
I've been mostly doing my raving in the kitchen, still getting my fix! As you say just not in clubs. Yeah never to old for Ibiza so I've been told. I was a little concerned, but having read a few posts on here, the general gist is that Sept crowd is a bit more mature, or I'm hoping so.

I've been mostly doing my raving in the kitchen, still getting my fix! As you say just not in clubs. Yeah never to old for Ibiza so I've been told. I was a little concerned, but having read a few posts on here, the general gist is that Sept crowd is a bit more mature, or I'm hoping so.
Definitely more of a European mix in September, which is welcome to see, and a mix of ages. Enjoy!

Hello all,
I’ve been on and off lurking for the last few years that I’ve been living down here!!
I’ve had plenty of good info from all you Spotlighters and plenty of good laughs.
Sorry for not contributing more previously but I’ll do my best going forward.
I get out a bit, but not a lot as I have a family and work. I recently had a fairly heavy going 7 day stint with the old crew from Dublin on a stag do, so I will try to give you a trip report on that soon!!

Hello all,
I’ve been on and off lurking for the last few years that I’ve been living down here!!
I’ve had plenty of good info from all you Spotlighters and plenty of good laughs.
I get out a bit, but not a lot as I have a family and work. I recently had a fairly heavy going 7 day stint with the old crew from Dublin on a stag do, so I will try to give you a trip report on that soon!!

nice one man. welcome aboard :)

Hello all,

Welcome to the mad house

This is a long post (I'm not looking to break a record here but thought it might be better to say everything now rather than post new threads). Let me know if I should have made a separate thread.

Hi, I'm Ricky from Essex and I haven't been to Ibiza for 15 years (Judge Jules, Ferry Corsten and Lisa Lashes are the only names I can recall)

After suggesting Portugal, mainland Spain, Tenerife etc for a euro break, my wife said she wanted something more interesting than your typical beach holiday. So I said "how about Ibiza" (my wife has never been) and we booked the final week of Sept.

We are generally from an "alternative music" background (punk/metal/rock etc) but have both always been loved electronic music all styles of dnb (new and cold), Burial, Daft Punk. Atmosphere and music is what's most important to us (not into VIP, mainstream EDM/cheesy stuff, arrogant posers... you get the idea)

As you can probably tell, we are not House fanatics but we still love the music. I've been out of touch for the last decade. The amount of parties to choose from is overwhelming and we are finding it very difficult to decide. We do want some variety.

Based on research we shortlisted the following:-

Sat 23rd Paris by night - question is will Bob Sinclar deliver? I'm also sceptical of Pacha after some bad reviews I have read. This night is a maybe - see Friday.

Sunday 24th destino

Mon 25th Circoloco DC10 followed by Cocoon Amnesia/Pikes (if we have the energy). Monday is a must with potentially 3 great events to choose from.

Thurs 28th Privilege Afterlife closing with TOU and Nina Kraviz

Friday 29th Music On Amnesia with Carola and Osuna (instead of Pacha).

*I have never been to Pacha or Amnesia

Do any spotlighters have any opinions/suggestions on the above? We may buy one or two tickets in advance (already have guestlist for Pikes in case we want to go)

To give you more of an idea, below are a few tracks I have on rotation right now:

Bad Kingdom - Koze remix (Moderat)
Trip - Camelphat
Shiro - Ame
Be With You (Bwu) - Sultan Shepard + & Felix
The Secret - Joris Voorn
Feel the Vibe - Axwell
Satisfaction - Benny Bennassi
Put your hands up for Detroit - Fedde le Grand
Bjarki - This 5321
Cirrus - Bonobo

Also, my wife likes salsa so are there any bars/clubs that play this?
The secret to getting satisfaction on your trip to the bad kingdom is your wife will be with you, you'll feel the vibe
and be going bjarki-ng mad putting your hands up for ibiza.

Good day Ladies and Gents.........

I'll give ya two versions, long and short. Here we go!

Short version:

Hi I'm Rob, I've been dreaming of Ibiza for over 20 years and as a birthday present to myself, not only am I going to spend ten days on the island in Sept. , its going to be my first real vacation EVER!!

Long version:

I'm Rob, I'm 40, and have finally decided its time to see the place I've dreamed about for ages it seems. I spent my 20's and early 30's involved heavily in the Toronto underground house scene. I have always had music be a part of my life, whether it was playing in bands in high-school, buying my first set of SL1200's @ 21 after seeing DJ Sneak at Industry, dancing to everyone's dance floor who passed thru the doors of Guvernment as a club kid and have always dabbled in DAW (I suck at making it but I love it). Spent the last years of my 30's racing motorcycles and now that my finances are better (Canadian dollar sucks and Ibiza isn't exactly cheap) , I have a passport finally, and I'm ready to finally take a real vacation, there's no doubt in my mind that Ibiza was the first place I wanted to go.

I'm BOOKED for the end of Sept, hopefully I will get a chance to do a little bit of everything from "Go hard" to "relax hard" and everything in between. I am coming alone. It would be amazing to meet people in advance online to enjoy festivities with while I'm there. I got 7 months or so to decide what I'm going to do anyhow lol

I'll be active, see y'all around.

Short version:

Hi I'm Rob, I've been dreaming of Ibiza for over 20 years and as a birthday present to myself, not only am I going to spend ten days on the island in Sept. , its going to be my first real vacation EVER!!

Long version:

I'm Rob, I'm 40, and have finally decided its time to see the place I've dreamed about for ages it seems. I spent my 20's and early 30's involved heavily in the Toronto underground house scene. I have always had music be a part of my life, whether it was playing in bands in high-school, buying my first set of SL1200's @ 21 after seeing DJ Sneak at Industry, dancing to everyone's dance floor who passed thru the doors of Guvernment as a club kid and have always dabbled in DAW (I suck at making it but I love it). Spent the last years of my 30's racing motorcycles and now that my finances are better (Canadian dollar sucks and Ibiza isn't exactly cheap) , I have a passport finally, and I'm ready to finally take a real vacation, there's no doubt in my mind that Ibiza was the first place I wanted to go.

I'm BOOKED for the end of Sept, hopefully I will get a chance to do a little bit of everything from "Go hard" to "relax hard" and everything in between. I am coming alone. It would be amazing to meet people in advance online to enjoy festivities with while I'm there. I got 7 months or so to decide what I'm going to do anyhow lol

welcome aboard rob. never too late to pop the cherry :)

Short version:

Long version:

I admire your 'get up and go' attitude, I'm sure Ibiza won't let you down buddy ? Enjoy ?

Short version:

Long version:

Do you know Hatiras?

Don't think I've ever introduced myself and I'm posting here ages! I'm 27 from Dublin, I work a 9-5 job on a busy service desk, keeps me on my toes but I always manage about an hour a day to be on line :D First went to Ibiza for my sister's 30th years ago and have been back every year since with my partner, couples who rave together stay together ;)
We say every year we will go somewhere different on holiday but always end up booking flights to the White Isle! We are both really big into our music and squeeze in 2-3 festivals every year also and we have no intention of slowing down anytime soon :)

Howdy All,

So first off, Im coming back!!... Holy shite! Its taken a whole 12-13yrs for me to get back to Ibiza. Was 23yrs old then... now 35 and turning 36 the day before i fly over.

The name is Joel, Originally from a Small town way out in the Scrub of Western Australia. Back in 2006 me and a good mate made the trek over to Ibiza, it was easily the best 11 nights of my life. Saw plenty of the Clubs, Ibiza Town and Playa Den Bossa.

This round i am bringing my other half, staying in Playa Den Bossa and renting a car to see more of the scenic sites. Still plan on hitting up Pacha/Amnesia for a couple of nights, heading to some beaches, eating food and just chilling. Really looking forward to it and cant wait to see how its all changed since Ive been away.

Back