INTRODUCE YOURSELF PLEASE

Hi all,

my first post on the Ibiza Spotlight forum! I'm Colin, 39 and from Ireland. I'm married with two kids under 6. Making our second trip to Ibiza this summer staying in San Antonio Bay. I've always been a dance music fan since my teens. Favourite ever mix is Sasha's GU Ibiza.

While my all night clubbing days are over, I'd welcome any tips for our trip to Ibiza. I'm thinking we can soak up the atmosphere at sunset outside Mambo & CDM for example.

Thanks!

Good morning.
I am an Ibizan virgin. That looks a bit wrong but what I mean is at the age of 49 I’m actually going to Ibiza this summer for my honeymoon. My name is Martin but friends and family call me Marts. I’ve been wanting to go to Ibiza since about 1989 when I first went raving and saw what was happening in Ibiza.
My wife and I thought we’d jump in the deep end and booked a week in San Antonio at the end of July. We have friends that go regularly so we’re getting tons of advice as to where to go and what to do. Being a DJ, of course, my main aim is to find places where it’s our sort of thing. We’re fans of Greg Wilson, Dave Lee, DJ Supermarkt, Crazy P. So, the more chilled disco kind of thing. Saying that we’re not total music snobs. You always need an open mind if you’re going to have a top time.
We’ve been together for over 20 years and used to regularly go to The Big Chill events and still have a lot of friends from those days.
I can’t stop thinking about coming to the White Island and from all accounts it’s going to be an interesting season.

Good morning.
I am an Ibizan virgin. That looks a bit wrong but what I mean is at the age of 49 I’m actually going to Ibiza this summer for my honeymoon. My name is Martin but friends and family call me Marts. I’ve been wanting to go to Ibiza since about 1989 when I first went raving and saw what was happening in Ibiza.
My wife and I thought we’d jump in the deep end and booked a week in San Antonio at the end of July. We have friends that go regularly so we’re getting tons of advice as to where to go and what to do. Being a DJ, of course, my main aim is to find places where it’s our sort of thing. We’re fans of Greg Wilson, Dave Lee, DJ Supermarkt, Crazy P. So, the more chilled disco kind of thing. Saying that we’re not total music snobs. You always need an open mind if you’re going to have a top time.
We’ve been together for over 20 years and used to regularly go to The Big Chill events and still have a lot of friends from those days.
I can’t stop thinking about coming to the White Island and from all accounts it’s going to be an interesting season.

welcome to the forum marts!

Good morning.
Welcome to the cult! We're all weird, but super friendly. As long as you aren't into reggaeton- that's a whole different kettle of fish.....

Good morning.

hi, was that the big chill at eastnor? was there 2007 & 08. Glorious, messy fun. esp 2007. I remember Greg going on all the forums afterwds saying he'd absent-mindedly left his laptop on his car roof before driving off, with basically all his music on there. (ouch!) awesome set beforehand though at Fat Tuesdays.

nearest musical equiv in ibz is Pikes and some of the bars in old town + the old guard Alfredo, Pippi at various hotel rooftops and chiringuitos too. Andy Wilson's radio show and probably many other bars I haven't yet found. Loads of related music & stuff on the 'balearic' thread. New contributors always welcome.

hi, was that the big chill at eastnor? was there 2007 & 08. Glorious, messy fun. esp 2007. I remember Greg going on all the forums afterwds saying he'd absent-mindedly left his laptop on his car roof before driving off, with basically all his music on there. (ouch!) awesome set beforehand though at Fat Tuesdays.

nearest musical equiv in ibz is Pikes and some of the bars in old town + the old guard Alfredo, Pippi at various hotel rooftops and chiringuitos too. Andy Wilson's radio show and probably many other bars I haven't yet found. Loads of related music & stuff on the 'balearic' thread. New contributors always welcome.
Thanks for that. Eastnor and Larmer Tree Gardens before that. And then it got too big for its boots but from that a lot smaller gatherings were born including an internet radio station. purple-radio.co.uk. Me and a mate do a fortnightly show. I’m going to scour the music and Balearic threads. I should really be working but my heads full of sunshine and holidays.

Hi All,

Long time follower of the site / forum, but first time posting here. I'm Darren, 31, from Ireland.
First made it out to the island in 2010, went back again in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, and flying out again this September. Looking forward to getting back out after a few years of a break, it's been too long.
Hopefully will cross paths with some of ye at some stage!

Cheers!

Hello all, I'm Joanie - a Seattle girl in my early 40s and headed to Ibiza in July with my hubby for our first visit. I've been scanning Spotlight (for 2 years) getting tips and advice for the active community in the forum, and I appreciate you all! We originally planned our trip in 2020 and all was cancelled, so it feels a bit surreal being able to go in just a few weeks. I spent some time in Germany in the 90s getting to know House/Trance music and the club scene. A bit older now, I just appreciate the party in a different way, but still am a techno girl at heart. I look forward to sharing our adventure with you.

Hello all, I'm Joanie - a Seattle girl in my early 40s and headed to Ibiza in July with my hubby for our first visit. I've been scanning Spotlight (for 2 years) getting tips and advice for the active community in the forum, and I appreciate you all! We originally planned our trip in 2020 and all was cancelled, so it feels a bit surreal being able to go in just a few weeks. I spent some time in Germany in the 90s getting to know House/Trance music and the club scene. A bit older now, I just appreciate the party in a different way, but still am a techno girl at heart. I look forward to sharing our adventure with you.
Welcome! Very jealous that you guys have that first visit magic to come!

(And also, thank you as you've inspired me to go a find a photo of my and mate, with the Mariner's Moose, some time in the 2000s:lol:)

Welcome! Very jealous that you guys have that first visit magic to come!

(And also, thank you as you've inspired me to go a find a photo of my and mate, with the Mariner's Moose, some time in the 2000s:lol:)
We saw a ton of Mariners games growing up - my dad was such a big fan. Ken Griffey, Randy Johnson, A-Rod (before J-Lo) and of course, Ichiro. So glad you were able to experience the beauty of stadium baseball. I'm a much bigger fan of Seahawks football and Sounders Soccer (the "real" football?) now, but it warms my heart to remember the Mariners' glory days!

We saw a ton of Mariners games growing up - my dad was such a big fan. Ken Griffey, Randy Johnson, A-Rod (before J-Lo) and of course, Ichiro. So glad you were able to experience the beauty of stadium baseball. I'm a much bigger fan of Seahawks football and Sounders Soccer (the "real" football?) now, but it warms my heart to remember the Mariners' glory days!
1654844938393.png

Facebook came up trumps. For the uniniated, the Moose is in the middle! :lol: (I'm in the green jacket)

Hi all,

First time poster, however I've been following the forums since my first visit back in 2010!

My name is Ellis, I'm 30 from Nottingham UK. I've been visiting the island every year since that first trip, with the exception of 2020/21.

I'm heading over with my wife Emma and 6 of our friends on the 30th July, staying for a week in a villa close to Cala Vadella. Although, following a few shandies this weekend, we decided a week is never enough so we've just changed our return flight, and we'll be spending another week in an apartment in the bay after our friends leave!

Emma has previously done two seasons as a worker (2011/12) and this will be our first trip back together since 2019, when I popped the question to her at Es Vedra! So we're looking forward to celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary with a roast and some dancing at Pikes! :D

Party-wise, we're planning to take each day as it comes this time around. Although, a few that we have in mind are Flower Power, Fatboy Slim @ Pikes and Ants for the Radio 1 party - I've never been to Ushuaia as it's not really my scene, but I'm looking forward to checking it out this time around as the missus assures me that it has to be experienced.

I also wouldn't mind doing Circoloco or Music On (missed this in 2019 after going a little too hard with engagement celebrations the night before :spank:), however they're not really to taste of the other half, so might take a little bit of convincing (or a bottle of hierbas maybe?).

Hello everybody, my name is Pedro, 24, and I am from Brazil and I currently live in Germany. Tomorrow I am traveling to Ibiza for the first time. I am going to Es Paradis tomorrow and to Hi Ibiza on the 15th. If someone wants to join it would be nice.

Back