impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
belated reply. When the clubs open properly! And as you say, there is nothing to say that will be next year, sadly.
I am pretty sure clubs will open the next year. People are tired of covid measures, there is enough vaccine for everybody now, so it's time to get our lives back to normal.

Not sure *I* will personally want to go into a packed club now (despite having been fully vaccinated), but the government restrictions have to end now. Let everyone decide for himself.

Maybe I am too selfish, but as soon as I got my 2nd dose of vaccine, I became an opponent of further anti-covid restrictions - despite having supported them in the past. It's time to open up!

I am pretty sure clubs will open the next year. People are tired of covid measures, there is enough vaccine for everybody now, so it's time to get our lives back to normal.

Not sure *I* will personally want to go into a packed club now (despite having been fully vaccinated), but the government restrictions have to end now. Let everyone decide for himself.

Maybe I am too selfish, but as soon as I got my 2nd dose of vaccine, I became an opponent of further anti-covid restrictions - despite having supported them in the past. It's time to open up!
I think there are a lot of variables to negotiate until then. We don’t know the financial position of the clubs, the restrictions the authorities may wish to or need to impose, how long our vaccines will prove effective, if different variants will emerge and the impact that they will have and how the virus and flu will impact us during the winter. Its just not black and white, or predictable. As liberal minded as I am, the problem with people deciding for themselves is the impact of their decision on other people that choose to make a different decision. The good thing is most things are going in the right direction.

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of variables to negotiate until then. We don’t know the financial position of the clubs, the restrictions the authorities may wish to or need to impose, how long our vaccines will prove effective, if different variants will emerge and the impact that they will have and how the virus and flu will impact us during the winter. Its just not black and white, or predictable. As liberal minded as I am, the problem with people deciding for themselves is the impact of their decision on other people that choose to make a different decision. The good thing is most things are going in the right direction.

Each society / country is soon going to have to decide what is acceptable to them.

In the U.K. an average of 30K reported cases a day, so probably double that in reality, and about 1,000 deaths a week, seems to be where we are averaging at the moment with pretty much everything open. It seems that we will accept 50K deaths a year like we do with Flu at 20-30K. Don’t shout at me for being evil, that just seems to be where we are landing. Plus Delta will eventually find every unvaccinated person, and then hopefully the above numbers will get less.

For the 2022 season, Ibiza will have to answer the question “what’s your acceptable daily number”.

Each society / country is soon going to have to decide what is acceptable to them.

In the U.K. an average of 30K reported cases a day, so probably double that in reality, and about 1,000 deaths a week, seems to be where we are averaging at the moment with pretty much everything open. It seems that we will accept 50K deaths a year like we do with Flu at 20-30K. Don’t shout at me for being evil, that just seems to be where we are landing. Plus Delta will eventually find every unvaccinated person, and then hopefully the above numbers will get less.

For the 2022 season, Ibiza will have to answer the question “what’s your acceptable daily number”.
Completely agree. There are so many unknowns that it is impossible to predict next summer. But each country will have determine the mortality rate that the majority of the population will accept, however morbid that sounds.

Agree with you, but a difference for any tourist island is they are never going to have the same healthcare resources as mainland cities and towns.

Ibiza Hospitals are setup to treat a lot of minor injuries in Summer, but if tourists suddenly need urgent care in Summer such as needing ventilators there would be problems. Government may choose to ramp-up some resources for next Summer though, as Tourism matters so much for the economy.

Agree with you, but a difference for any tourist island is they are never going to have the same healthcare resources as mainland cities and towns.

Ibiza Hospitals are setup to treat a lot of minor injuries in Summer, but if tourists suddenly need urgent care in Summer such as needing ventilators there would be problems. Government may choose to ramp-up some resources for next Summer though, as Tourism matters so much for the economy.

I know, and this is what scares me! I think small islands and communities that have a big influx of people in summer are going to need additional resources to cope - and that is no easy ask.

Bingo. The real limiting factor is hospitalization capacity. If hospitals really were full this summer, then they will likely be full again next summer unless changes are made. There is a solution there, just depends on how bad the government wants it to work. How do other small islands like Mykonos do it?

I think the key is to limit tourism. Don’t completely pack out the island like in 2019. That’s what leads to more cases and hospitalizations, not clubs.

I think the key is to limit tourism. Don’t completely pack out the island like in 2019. That’s what leads to more cases and hospitalizations, not clubs.

I think so yeah.

Interesting article on front of The Times quoting Oxford Jab creator about how it will all mutate into a cold eventually. Sadly she doesn’t predict if this is 1 yr time, 5 yr or 10 yrs time.

I need somewhere to go on Sat night for a birthday celebration. Lio is a bit out of budget me thinks (can’t seem to get hold of the menu but I’m guessing)

Cova is full.

any ideas?

I need somewhere to go on Sat night for a birthday celebration. Lio is a bit out of budget me thinks (can’t seem to get hold of the menu but I’m guessing)

Cova is full.

any ideas?
Possibly all finished for the season, but check to see if Game Over guys are still doing Bohemian. I'm not sure if it was always same venue. Last one I saw advertised was at Calea Beach, Port des Torrent

Can’t believe there is only choice of two places in ibiza to go for a birthday bash! Crazy times!
Hope you get something sorted!

Thanks to Stivi and Tiffany for recommending Cova Santa. After 2 years in the planning finally here in Ibiza for my 40th. What an epic night last night. Maceo Plex Beatport took the roof off the venue. Packed to the rafters. Incredible, incredible. I am not sure if Cova is always like this, but that party was the real deal. Incredible production, staging and people. If you haven’t gone to Cova, go, you will really enjoy it!
Tonight we are off to the closing Blue Marlin Summerians. If any spotlighters are around to say hi there, let me know. Thanks again.

Ok so have just returned from 8 nights in Ibiza

Firstly I want to say me and the girlfriend have an amazing time!
We went to Ibiza to explore its beauty, eat lots of food and worry about nothing, and that we did!
We are looking into a 14/15 night stay next June already.

Secondly I want to say that Ibiza party/night life is in a real sorry state - there isn't one.
There is no energy or buzz. Come sunset its back to the apartment (unless you chose to eat very late).
We actually ate at Mint one evening thinking there would be some sort of magic - nope there was none. music was poor and low, numbers were even lower. Finish your food and where do you continue on to?
Thought we would try Kumharas one evening - we didn't bother going in. Was told at the door no DJ, no shisha, no food.

In general I don't see any care for social distancing and a lot of relaxed mask wearing. I mean everyone seems to be going about as if its normal. Yet there are restrictions on night clubs opening. It seems such a contradiction to actual logic. It is pure draconian at its best.

Will be producing a couple of YouTube vids of our exploring hopefully first one up this Tuesday so will share that once it is live

Thanks to Stivi and Tiffany for recommending Cova Santa. After 2 years in the planning finally here in Ibiza for my 40th. What an epic night last night. Maceo Plex Beatport took the roof off the venue. Packed to the rafters. Incredible, incredible. I am not sure if Cova is always like this, but that party was the real deal. Incredible production, staging and people. If you haven’t gone to Cova, go, you will really enjoy it!
Tonight we are off to the closing Blue Marlin Summerians. If any spotlighters are around to say hi there, let me know. Thanks again.
glad you made it there :) did you go anywhere else after midnight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back