impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic night again! I really picked a good weekend. Blue Marlin took the roof off last night. Wow! Get yourself a ticket and go there before it closes which I think is next weekend. I think the night was as good if not better than a club night. Production, staging, whole thing was just on another level. I mean this is something else and I have been to many clubs around the world. The volume and system was tuned to the max. Packed, must have been thousands there last night. Anymore info just DM me.

Ibiza can't grow any more in number of tourists and has to lay aside excess tourism, the president of the Consell Insular says...

Are you classed as a "Quality Tourist" if you come and drop €2,500 in a week, but still go to a nightclub every night?

Spent yesterday sunning on Rooftop Nine at INNSIDE by Melia (formerly Sol House by Ibiza Rocks). €20 day bed for non-residents, of which €15 is credit to be redeemed at the bar which I don't think is unreasonable. A lovely spot still, undeniably, but unfortunately the quality of cocktails has plummeted since my last visit in 2019. Very weak and not made with much love or craft. Weird DJ set consisting of dance mixes of mostly R&B hits with a few cheesy selections thrown in. Didn't hate it, but was a bit odd

Spent yesterday sunning on Rooftop Nine at INNSIDE by Melia (formerly Sol House by Ibiza Rocks). €20 day bed for non-residents, of which €15 is credit to be redeemed at the bar which I don't think is unreasonable. A lovely spot still, undeniably, but unfortunately the quality of cocktails has plummeted since my last visit in 2019. Very weak and not made with much love or craft. Weird DJ set consisting of dance mixes of mostly R&B hits with a few cheesy selections thrown in. Didn't hate it, but was a bit odd
I do need to explore that end of the Bay more. I tend to come out of my hotel and turn right, will have to go left next week instead

Have they sorted the bar staff out? its a few years since I went but it was peak pre-sunset time and the staff were busying themselves cleaning and ignoring customers which was odd given it was the last 30mins of it being busy before the sun set anyway. Have heard similar reports from others which is a shame because its a stunning venue.

I do need to explore that end of the Bay more. I tend to come out of my hotel and turn right, will have to go left next week instead

Last time I went there (a few years ago now, I forget how long things have been with the Pandemic) there were a lot of shutdown outlets unfortunately, but now Plastik have moved there and there are plans for the promenade extension and rumours of Virgin finally building the Grand Ruin Hotel (one of the financial crash wonders of the world ;) ) it definately feels like the Bay could be the next big thing on the island.

I've always had a little soft spot for staying in the bay as it's where I stayed the very first time. I remember getting the boat across every night, had a sea view from the hotel balcony (San Remo), and had a great time. Stayed there the 2nd year as well.

But it does need a lot of investment....sorting out that hideous eyesore of a (half-built) hotel would be a good start. Get rid of some of the tacky bucking bronco type bars as well. But definitely going in the right direction with that Amare hotel, and a few of the themed ones popping up...

But sorry to say, late season, during a pandemic....with grey skies...not a welcoming sight...

LOVE that place, always pass by there for an hour or so en route to Reggae beach, get a drink, chill, use the infinity pool and do some life admin. Never paid for a daybed though but didn't realise you had to.

Agreed on the DJ though, very weird selection of music

we were in town earlier this evening and I'm happy to report that even though the island is (obviously) remarkably quieter than say in july and august, ibiza town still has a vibe. we've had some pre dinner beers on plaza de parque and everywhere was packed.

it really is weird that it's october now (well, in 90mins technically) and we are just waiting for the clubs to open. I hope by tomorrow we'll know more but without gossiping (wrong thread anyway), I genuinely think some people might be enticed to do a quick late season trip IF things happen the way they are supposed to and when they see what's on offer.

While there is still a lot of work to do, the Bay is certainly benefiting from investment and some nice looking places popping up
We are currently staying in the bay and one of my comments when i do a review when im home was gunna be how much of a rundown mess it is (certainly the stretch from Neraida hotel to OB)!

the new hotels popping up in the area are leading the change. now let's see if the other business around follow them...

At the other end, the long stretch that belongs to San Jose. Not much has changed at the begining of the bay, the bit that is within San Antonio.

appreciate this is a slightly niche question but anyone got any suggestions for where might be willing to show Rugby League final between St. Helens and Catalans in figueretas/bossa tommorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back