impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the current mask situation? Wear them while moving around restaurants and bars wether inside or out?

Whats the current mask situation? Wear them while moving around restaurants and bars wether inside or out?

only if inside really. if it's a terrace no one wears a mask…unless you need to go to the bathroom and that one is inside

Pitched up on the sand in front of Tanit for Melon Bomb. Because of the wind, the sound is better further south but it's loud enough even here. Some sporadic pockets of dancing and good vibes. Also, apparently no minimum spend. Appears to be dozens of beds still available

my friend got last mn session at tuk tuk ibz pdb

ibz oct prices are cheap as chips 70€S/R plane tix
20€ car location/day
25-30€ room/day

For less than Cova santa fee u can spend a weekend in ibiza :cool:
tuktuk.JPG

Regarding the current rules, bars have to close at 2am....does this apply to hotel bars as well? Or is that considered a private setting?

Just came back after 4 days in Ibiza. With no clubbing, I mostly spent time at various beaches, did some sightseeing and made a daytrip to Formentera.

The whole trip left a strange impression. Some parts of the island are very busy - my hotel (Torre del Mar) was fully booked, beaches were full, some bars in Ibiza Town were very busy. At the same time, lots of shops in the near end of PdB didn't open at all, the boat from PdB into town stopped running at 22:30 (used to be past midnight). West End was deserted at 1am, with many establishments obviously not having bothered to open at all.

The special clubbing atmosphere was sorely missing - in the good old pre-covid days, there was always this magical feeling of lots of stuff happening with anything being possible, with all the clubbing promotions, advertising, parades and the like contributing to that. I was never an avid clubber, limiting myself to 2-3 parties per week at most. But just the knowledge that I could go to a big name party (or a small comfy music bar) anytime I wanted was what made the island special for me. This feeling was not present this time, and the few spots on the island that did feel alive didn't change that. All I had were memories.

Emotionally, this was very much like visiting Ibiza in winter (plus the warm sea) - the island was still there with all its natural wonders, but it felt like no one was there, despite the fully booked hotel. However, having enjoyed my winter trip in 2010, I also enjoyed this trip :)

I spent 1.5 days in total at the Salinas beach (still my favorite). Visited the pirate watch tower at the far end of PdB, the Tanith cave and the lighthouse in the North. Discovered Cala San Vicente - the beach lacks any "cool" vibe, but the water is amazing and the panorama stunning. Had meals out at sa Caleta (amazing), Jockey Club (good), Playa San Vicente (not good - fish overcooked). Enjoyed the Old Town of course, as always.

Did my second daytrip to Formentera, enjoyed a full day at Illetas/Levante beaches. It's very cool to have two beaches at your disposal within 30 meters of each other! The Levante site had some waves, the Illetas side hat quiet water. I also walked along the sandbar (made mostly of rock as it turned out) to the northern tip of the island with red flags prohibiting swimming and a lone lifeguard positioned there - must be the loneliest job in the Pitiusas.

Didn't like: shouting drink vendors at Salinas, they overtone music, ruin the atmosphere and make it feel like an effing oriental bazaar. When I seize power in Ibiza, the abandoned dolphinarium in PdB will be converted into an alligator farm, and anyone loudly shouting "Cerveza! Agua! Cola! Cerveza! Agua! Cola!" will be thrown into the alligator pit :mad:

Missed opportunity: Answering "club tickets" to the question if I needed "something" :D

Looking forward to in 2022: clubbing!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I met my "boss" from 1987 with
other friends.
Tomorrow best friends doughter turn 25.
Life goes on in Ibiza.
Sorry for my English Im getting drunk

Last edited:
Didn't like: shouting drink vendors at Salinas, they overtone music, ruin the atmosphere and make it feel like an effing oriental bazaar. When I seize power in Ibiza, the abandoned dolphinarium in PdB will be converted into an alligator farm, and anyone loudly shouting "Cerveza! Agua! Cola! Cerveza! Agua! Cola!" will be thrown into the alligator pit :mad:

they're badly exploited by mafias... you think any of them enjoy that kind of work?

I totally get people not wanting to go 100% BUT how long are you gunna put it off for? Honestly, who’s to say everything will be back normal next year? I’ve said it before but this time last year we were all on about summer 2021 and look whats happened.

One thing that’s changed about me personally since all this kicked off is i’ve become very much of the mindset of f*** it lets do it (ok maybe not ANYthing) but life's too short. Let’s go to the Island:cool:
belated reply. When the clubs open properly! And as you say, there is nothing to say that will be next year, sadly. The clubs, events and atmosphere provide the added value that draw us to Ibiza at least once a year and have for a two and a half decades. But without them, there are much more appealing destinations elsewhere in the world that we prefer to visit. But fingers crossed, things maybe about to change. Let’s hope. It’s great to read that the majority of those that have been and reported back have had a great time.

Last edited:
Im the only one here , who likes Croissant Show ? Nice place for me. Opposite Petite Vermut , too. After that , its time to go to a club ... moment , something happned ? Ok , October

Retirement ? Last time I was there , he looked not like he is sick of his work. Maybe a little less work ?
Me too. Croissant Show is outstanding at what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back