Ibiza snobery....

T

Ted123

Hola

Just wanted to say hello… I haven’t posted on this forum since it was ibizahq if in deed it was Ibizahq or if this is something completely different no sure really but any way my point.

I see a lot of people saying don’t go to the west end avoid San An like the plague usually with acceptation to the sunset strip understandably, but I do think this is very harsh… I worked the season last year in Ibiza and had on of the best summers of my life… I enjoyed everything Ibiza had to offer form some of the best clubs in the world the most beautiful sunsets and I must say occasionally the odd busy night in the west end lets face it it’s a lot cheaper than Pasha….

After spending some time in Ibiza town I can see how the west end can be shun upon but it really is a case of different people different places… sometimes its nice to go to a very up market club or have a bang up meal in a fantastic Italian… but lets face it we all have grabbed a bad of chips on the way home at some point in our life’s

What I’m really saying is this if you are an Ibiza veteran that’s fine to have favorite parts of the island I do places like Benerias or a nice little spot on a cliff I go for bbq’s… but don’t try and tell Ibiza virgins where to go so strongly they might love what you hate you never know… there are a hard core of people out there who love Ibiza and I like to think I’m one of them so for gods sake people lets get with the Ibiza spirit and accept everything the island has to offer…

See you on Thursday for a cold beer outside mambo… Peace

My first holiday to Ibiza was with 18-30 six years ago. The only clubs I went to were manumission, UFO at Es Paradis and the foam party at Eden (which was called Kaos at the time) and I had the time of my life.

Having been back every year since I look back and cant quite believe I went on that kind of holiday but at the time I had an absolute ball. It was enough to make me want to back the following year and the next 4 after that (twice for the entire season) Admittedly my tastes have changed (in my opinion for the better) and now I avoid the west end as much as humanly possible.

I think the west end serves a purpose – it keeps all the beer boys and the Ben Sherman Brigade in one place. Can you imagine the reaction theyd get if a crowd of them turned up singing “here we go” at DC10?

For most Ibiza virgins a pissed up night out in the west end is essential. Near enough everyone I know from Ibiza tells a story like that about the first time they arrived on the island.

good place for cheap beers and cheap women - my first time this year and I will try it at least once!

First sign of violence and I'm off though, despite being 6ft 3 I was born to hug people not hit them!

Toffer said:
6ft 3 I was born to hug people not hit them!

aww how nice. :)

Just don’t annoy any of the bouncers in the west end – they’ve been known to bite peoples ears off! :eek:

I know I our secret agents 005 Barbie and 009 Robo don't like the West End, I'm not a fan either, BUT, it appeals to different people and is most probably somewhere who is just getting into the lifestyle of clubbing, sleep, clubbing, sleep will love. I remember when I started out on the yellow brick road of dance music and believe me I was tapping my little red shoes together in some right dodgy joints. Each to their own, I just like the Playa Den Bossa end!

Where did I put my glasses again??????
crazy.gif

You've made valid points Ted123 but I think the main thing for me about not going to to the west end is it is just the same as other resorts I've been to, such as Playa de las Americas (sp?) in Tenerife and Magaluf in Majorca. I feel Ibiza has so much more to offer. I earn a wage now so can afford to spend a bit more on holiday. I would say to people to go visit the west end and if they like it fair enough but I would also say that there is much more to Ibiza.

Ps no offense intended towards las Americas or Magaluf, I enjoyed them when I was younger.

glasgow-chick said:
You've made valid points Ted123 but I think the main thing for me about not going to to the west end is it is just the same as other resorts I've been to, such as Playa de las Americas (sp?) in Tenerife and Magaluf in Majorca. I feel Ibiza has so much more to offer.

You're totally right there GC.

What part of glasgow u from?

Me too! I lived in the west end up until about a month ago and now I’ve moved just south of the river. I work in Park Circus.

well you make a good point, even though I share the same view as far as westend goes...not liking it, but however I HAVE visited the local danish pub there and play2 as well. I just think that you choose your pick, fav. place and eventually you knowe which places to avoid.

West end doesnt work for me, and I have to say that it reminds me of any other typical place in Calella, Lloret del Mar, or whatever. Whenever I made my posts stating that west-end isnt the place for me, I was simply saying that the place isn´t what´s typical for Ibiza - au contraire, je suis desolé !

K said:
Me too! I lived in the west end up until about a month ago and now I?ve moved just south of the river. I work in Park Circus.

Cool, another southsider! Thats what I like to hear! Although I do like working and mingling with the posh people in the west end :)

glasgow-chick said:
K said:
Me too! I lived in the west end up until about a month ago and now I?ve moved just south of the river. I work in Park Circus.

Cool, another southsider! Thats what I like to hear! Although I do like working and mingling with the posh people in the west end :)

Trust me I lived in the west in for a year, they’re not as posh as they like to think they are. ;)

if it was only drinking learing and shouting that was the west end then each to there own but clubbing and violence dont go together EVER have been up the west end and am 6'2' and 14.5 stone but theres still an edge about it and you have to have your wits about you, if thats your idea of a good night out then your welcome to it why not try falaraki

West end

My day in ibiza begin with eating donuts from the supermarket after that off to the beach. After a whole day of chilling, swimming back to the appartment for something to eat.

The off to cafe del mar for some beers ( from the supermarket ) checking out the sunset and after that off to the clubs. On the days where there aren't any nice clubbing nights it's off to WEST END.

It's not so bad over there --> nice ladies and wild nights ......

I'm with you there bro!

I've already told the lads that when we get to Ibiza and are at Cafe Del Mar, aint no point going in - supermarket for beers, roll a fat one and chill on the beach.

AS for the west end - Fair do's it aint classy but good place for cheap beers and chatting to the ladies!

the west end is awful!!!

its not snobbery people saying its disgusting, its a fact.

but it does serve a purpose! i try stay away from it personally.

No but seriously, people are very defensive of the "other side" because most programs on tv concentrate on the San An area and make ibiza look like any other cheesy holiday place and don't show the other great places and things ibiza has to offer.

And because of this, we get sick of people asking where we're going on holiday and when you tell them, the look on their face says it all.

Then you feel as though you have to explain what ibiza is really like :twisted:

I think San An is a great place for the younger crowd to get a feel of the place, but i prefer the older (relatively speaking ;) ) crowd you get in Ibiza town.

Anyway we've been through this many times :lol:

the west end

is definitely not for me but I am glad it exists - each to their own and it provides a great holiday for those that like that sort of thing which also enables those of us who don't, to enjoy the rest of the island - Ibiza, the island for all tastes and all types - brilliant!

If you wanna chill on a rural farm - try ibiza
If you wanna relax on the beach with the kids - try ibiza
If you wanna get mullered all day and night - try ibiza
If you wanna wear speedos and eat bratwurst - try ibiza
If you wanna listen to the best music in the best clubs - try ibiza
If you wanna spend a weak at a yoga retreat - try ibiza
If you wanna wear a ben sherman, pull a minger and start a fight - try ibiza

It's all about tolerance and everybody having the holiday they want.

Personally, I avoid the West End like the plague, I don't even like the sunset strip that much. You can see the sun go down in most places in the world. Only in Ibiza though have i ever seen the sun get a round of applause for setting ;)

Back