rustywoo said:
If you wanna chill on a rural farm - try ibiza
If you wanna relax on the beach with the kids - try ibiza
If you wanna get mullered all day and night - try ibiza
If you wanna wear speedos and eat bratwurst - try ibiza
If you wanna listen to the best music in the best clubs - try ibiza
If you wanna spend a weak at a yoga retreat - try ibiza
If you wanna wear a ben sherman, pull a minger and start a fight - try ibiza

It's all about tolerance and everybody having the holiday they want.

Personally, I avoid the West End like the plague, I don't even like the sunset strip that much. You can see the sun go down in most places in the world. Only in Ibiza though have i ever seen the sun get a round of applause for setting ;)

LOL, wicked ;)

sometimes its nice to go to a very up market club or have a bang up meal in a fantastic Italian… but lets face it we all have grabbed a bad of chips on the way home at some point in our life’s

beautiful Ted!! ;)

hope you stick around here to fly the flag for those unsung heroes koppas, soul city, ok corral and the like.

the west end can be LOADS of fun. i mean can anyone imagine enjoying 4 quick pints (4 for 2) at the rock bar before going for a kebab and a dance where it's free to get in?

not in ibiza town i can't ;)

i spent the first 3 years of adult life doing exactly the above (but in the UK) and would have done exactly the same in the west end if i had come here during that time.

does that make me a philistine...? no... i have simply grown out of it (not all the time mind you :twisted: )

all regulars will have already made up their minds about what type of holiday they want, but all you virgins -

- head on down to san an centre, you never know you might enjoy it!!

Ted mate, you've got ya head screwd on son, i'm into everything, from the glammed up Pacha n El Divino to pissed up in play 2 as lond as its fun then give a shit, i'll be in ibiza june 27th, u there mate? we'll go for drink at wips!

hmmmmmmm.....Im heading out to the island for my 3rd time in June.I have never been to ibiza town b4 during the night time. I stayed in SAN AN both times before with my fioncee and had a great time. Thought the West End was cool for a pre club warm up...Then again Ive never seen a xxxxload of beer boys chundering and fighting like Ive heard about apart from one or two incidents....and yes....oh yes.....Ive been known to strut my stuff donnin a ben sherman ;) .....Now heres where I need your help. :?:

What makes Ibiza town so much better than the west end for you guys :?: . I love a knees up and so does the missus. :) Does it have pre-club bars in terms of good house music and cheap drinks?.........u got me thinkin on where to stay.....like I say tho I never had a bad experience in the west end before and what in your view in an Ibiza A-hole???? please post your version.

I never had a bad experience at west end only a heck of a time. Iám leaving for Ibiza 18th of june :eek: till 7 july and i'll probably go to west end to look at some crazy people.

I live in amsterdam and go out a lot but in ibiza you realy see some crazy stuff. This year i want to go to bora bora cause i heard it's pretty nice over there.

Has anybody ever been there ?! and is it far from san an with the moped.

[/quote]

K said:
Toffer said:
6ft 3 I was born to hug people not hit them!

aww how nice. :)

Just don’t annoy any of the bouncers in the west end – they’ve been known to bite peoples ears off! :eek:

in fact dontt annoy any1 there,ive seen some lethal fight in that place

Ted123 said:
Hola

Just wanted to say hello… I haven’t posted on this forum since it was ibizahq if in deed it was Ibizahq or if this is something completely different no sure really but any way my point.

I see a lot of people saying don’t go to the west end avoid San An like the plague usually with acceptation to the sunset strip understandably, but I do think this is very harsh… I worked the season last year in Ibiza and had on of the best summers of my life… I enjoyed everything Ibiza had to offer form some of the best clubs in the world the most beautiful sunsets and I must say occasionally the odd busy night in the west end lets face it it’s a lot cheaper than Pasha….

After spending some time in Ibiza town I can see how the west end can be shun upon but it really is a case of different people different places… sometimes its nice to go to a very up market club or have a bang up meal in a fantastic Italian… but lets face it we all have grabbed a bad of chips on the way home at some point in our life’s

What I’m really saying is this if you are an Ibiza veteran that’s fine to have favorite parts of the island I do places like Benerias or a nice little spot on a cliff I go for bbq’s… but don’t try and tell Ibiza virgins where to go so strongly they might love what you hate you never know… there are a hard core of people out there who love Ibiza and I like to think I’m one of them so for gods sake people lets get with the Ibiza spirit and accept everything the island has to offer…

See you on Thursday for a cold beer outside mambo… Peace

where bouts were u working,i was out there too

K said:
My first holiday to Ibiza was with 18-30 six years ago. The only clubs I went to were manumission, UFO at Es Paradis and the foam party at Eden (which was called Kaos at the time) and I had the time of my life.

Having been back every year since I look back and cant quite believe I went on that kind of holiday but at the time I had an absolute ball. It was enough to make me want to back the following year and the next 4 after that (twice for the entire season) Admittedly my tastes have changed (in my opinion for the better) and now I avoid the west end as much as humanly possible.

I think the west end serves a purpose – it keeps all the beer boys and the Ben Sherman Brigade in one place. Can you imagine the reaction theyd get if a crowd of them turned up singing “here we go” at DC10?

For most Ibiza virgins a pissed up night out in the west end is essential. Near enough everyone I know from Ibiza tells a story like that about the first time they arrived on the island.

What he/she said.

I've not even walked through the West end for a long time but I've been on plenty of 18-30 style holidays in my younger days and I did enjoy them at the time.

I like bars that are fairly laid back and to be honest don't really like places where people look down there noses at you because you're not wearing the right designer label or are trendy enough (which I never am!!)

For me the perfect places are Bar M, Kiwi and the Sunset bars, all in San An.

But the beauty of Ibiza is that it can be different things to different people :)

DrewUK said:
No but seriously, people are very defensive of the "other side" because most programs on tv concentrate on the San An area and make ibiza look like any other cheesy holiday place and don't show the other great places and things ibiza has to offer.

And because of this, we get sick of people asking where we're going on holiday and when you tell them, the look on their face says it all.

Then you feel as though you have to explain what ibiza is really like :twisted:

I think San An is a great place for the younger crowd to get a feel of the place, but i prefer the older (relatively speaking ;) ) crowd you get in Ibiza town.

Anyway we've been through this many times :lol:

yip, i think we all get that reaction and people label you as loud mouths, druggies and loose, but then i think who cares, they obviously havent been there and dont know wat they're talking about!

Heh! Well .. seeing as our place of sleep is situated about 300 mtrs from San An central ... ( sleep ... I think NOT! ) then I will be nosing at the West End ... specially as it's where we used to drag the punters on our Club 18-30 pub crawls umpteen years ago ! ( Bet it's not changed a bit! )

snobby types who frown upon those who dont have the"required labels" are the ones with the serious problem...too busy noticing others 'coz they have a severe inablilty to just "let go" and enjoy themselves....anyone like that should stay back in london :twisted: (full of em here).

coley said:
snobby types who frown upon those who dont have the"required labels" are the ones with the serious problem...too busy noticing others 'coz they have a severe inablilty to just "let go" and enjoy themselves....anyone like that should stay back in london :twisted: (full of em here).

wot a ridiculous statement!!!

so anyone who doesn't enjoy the "british beer boy" culture located in a mingin sess pit is therefore pretenious??? c'mon mate!!

wot a ridiculous statement!!!

so anyone who doesn't enjoy the "british beer boy" culture located in a mingin sess pit is therefore pretenious??? c'mon mate!!

read it properly fella before jumping to conclusions.
I hate that culture probably just as much as you. I also hate axxholes that corner and label everyone just because of what they wear and where they go......in my view snobery is just as vulger as a beer boys vomit..

Personally I have never had any probs whilst walking around this :) :lol: sees pit :lol: :) as you call it your majesty.

and by the way.......letting go for me dosnt mean grabbing girls galore being obnoxious ...chuckin up all over the gaff and pxxxing of the locals and upseting other peoples hols........

Wow I can see this is a hot topic… I’m not sure this is really beer boys vs the rest of us but it really looks like it is a case of each to there own… I leave for Ibiza on Wednesday cant wait not sure how long I will be staying hopefully a few months but not really sure though.

I didn’t really work that much last year I just messed around… no I wasn’t a drug dealer either… that’s usually what people say when you tell them you didn’t work over there I just lived off my savings form working in my year out… was a kick ass summer I did a little work here and there but there but nothing really long term

On the subject of west end fights I have to be honest all I have ever seen is the odd scuffle which is no worse than an Saturday night here in London… and I have never seen as much as a crossed word in a club I winder why that is….

There really is a bad image of Ibiza that people have in there minds no drought given to them by the media I totally agree… it really is a shame because we all know Ibiza is not what sky one and channel four tell us it is… but I do believe there is a plus side to this believe it or not… it has to be the fact that it kind of keeps the best parts of Ibiza to people who want to find it which San an man is not looking for all he wants is another pint and a piece of northern ass… not that there is anything wrong with northern ass.

There is of course another plus to the west end type and that is all the money they spend its gives a lot of workers jobs and boosts the economy quite a bit… I imagine that the money that clubbers spend on a night out does not go through main stream economic channels if you know what I mean…

Keep it going people lets hear everyone’s opinion on this one… no drought we will meet in an corner of a night club somewhere and have a conversation to this end at some point in the summer… anyone want a sip of water?

Take it easy people…. Peace

I Go to Ibiza town as i generaly find the poeple more friendly and you can actually have a conversation with the guys, instead of just getting drunk lairy comments like i do in the West End.

I fully hear you on that dfunky and I would say the reason maybe I havent ever seen major probs in the west end is im usually heading of out to a club after sunset so I have never really experienced the west end at its reported worst.
The only thing that needled me about Tom's post was 2 yrs back after spending a year in hospital I took my then g/f to ibiza for our 2nd time and proposed down at mambos at sunset before having a few drinks in the west end b4 going to ES paradis and dancing the night away.
Seriously tho Tom, I had a great time that night amongst the other nights we had so I could never call it a sess pit. Trust me....hospital foods and dark dirty hospital rooms are what I'd call a sess pit.......

Soooooooooooo.....I cant really vouch for ibiza town and make an informed remark as I havent really checked it out at nightime.....
So whats it like peeps in comparison to the west end.....phew..i think thats it....

K said:
glasgow-chick said:
K said:
Me too! I lived in the west end up until about a month ago and now I?ve moved just south of the river. I work in Park Circus.

Cool, another southsider! Thats what I like to hear! Although I do like working and mingling with the posh people in the west end :)

Trust me I lived in the west in for a year, they’re not as posh as they like to think they are. ;)

Nice one! I live in the westend (Partick) but looking to buy which is a bit of a nightmare at the moment in the westend. Looking at a flat up in park (woodside terrace) tomorrow though.

Nice to meet two other weggies (well, I'm an honoury one-originally from Edinburgh)

When are you two off to Ibiza?

well said

it's all part of the ibiza experinace if you don't like the place then don't go.

personally the west end gets a thumbs up ;)

Back