Ibiza: secrets of the party island

Digital2013

BBC3 have a new 4 part series called 'Ibiza secrets of the party island' on tonight.

Claims to be looking into the drug trade but let's see how deep it goes!

BBC3 have a new 4 part series called 'Ibiza secrets of the party island' on tonight.

Claims to be looking into the drug trade but let's see how deep it goes!
Watched it all and surprisingly good.

Few bits of fluff, like o-beach co-owner low key promoting new high end villa party business.

But it did highlight problems of going after the $$$ high end tourism and how it prices out certain people and affects the locals.

Watched it all and surprisingly good.

Few bits of fluff, like o-beach co-owner low key promoting new high end villa party business.

But it did highlight problems of going after the $$$ high end tourism and how it prices out certain people and affects the locals.

Yeh I thought it was a good watch too, and the amount of homeless living in tents is a concern.

Indeed, ive been to Los Angeles and theres thousands of homeless there. :(
I enjoyed it, watched the first two episodes then crashed after a heavy weekend...of course they had to have the obligatory interview with Wayne Lineker. 1 police per 2,000 people was quite a fact too!

Onto Ep2 now and it does seem a big advert for Tony Truman Inc but I suppose these owners arent daft and wont appear without some promo shots.

Also as an introvert the concierge's job terrifies me :) what was it 300 different whatsapp chats a day? Id explode and tell these rich wanabees to cook their own dinner 😄

Wasn't feeling it, portrayed Ibiza very negatively (or accurately depending on your angle!). Zara was awful as a presenter as well...
Agreed. They knew what they were doing when they shot this documentary, which is to show some crime and rich people to have more views.

Some people getting their watches stolen and others selling drugs. Is that all the "secrets" you got? lmao

Having now watched all 4 I can understand why many locals are not happy about this portrayal of the island. It veers on the sensationalist, focusing exclusively on the trashy or dark side of the economy. I know that was the brief but it's almost an Ibiza Uncovered - The Next Generation which is the last thing the island needs. I'm often a defender of the BBC but they've basically commissioned an influencer to go around the resorts and the result is such a one-dimensional view and basically free PR for O Beach. That said, it did raise some serious issues about the frighteningly under resourced emergency services, criminality, homelessness and the ravages of uber capitalism (in between all the pneumatic breasts and biceps)

Back