Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also like driving up to Cala St Vincente. If I'm showing someone the island, it's good driving up the east coast and dropping down into the bay with stunning view.

Disappointed Hidden is not open for cocktails, seems to be a yoga retreat or something now? Does not matter with small selection of bars available - usually start in the surf shack and work around

Enjoy Jimmiz

Also like driving up to Cala St Vincente. If I'm showing someone the island, it's good driving up the east coast and dropping down into the bay with stunning view.

Disappointed Hidden is not open for cocktails, seems to be a yoga retreat or something now? Does not matter with small selection of bars available - usually start in the surf shack and work around

Enjoy Jimmiz
Are you sure about Hidden? My friend Vidal (the hierbas) was there a few weeks ago.

Hidden is still open but previous owners Chris & Amanda who did the best cocktails on the island (& probably in the world!) moved to Hvar around 2016.

Been down last two years, seems to be weddings and yoga. Not open to general population when I've visited.

Where did they move to in Hvar? The cocktail were ace

?

tragic yeah, I'd put it in the RIP thread yesterday. it's unconfirmed, but rumors say that person's been careless, and if so, then I am really sorry, but some cliff edge is just not a place to be silly. personally I love that spot and it hurts me how it's transformed over the past few years.

when it comes to driving, the entire stretch leaving san carlos for cala san vicente, then driving up into san joan and then over to portinatx, to me personally it's easily the best bit to drive here on the island. lots of turns and you get rewarded with views to die for!
I'm that way about Mulholland in the San Fernando Valley/Hollywood area. There's nothing quite like it for me, I don't know about other folks - it might be old hat for some. Driving that area feels good.

The bushes near the tower give you a false sense of security. When I first visited that tower, climbed on top of it and walked around it, I didn't even realize there was a tall vertical cliff just one step away. Years later I saw it on Google Earth - OMG ?

The bushes near the tower give you a false sense of security. When I first visited that tower, climbed on top of it and walked around it, I didn't even realize there was a tall vertical cliff just one step away. Years later I saw it on Google Earth - OMG ?

well yes OK, it's not san an's sunset strip where nothing can happen. but IMO with some common sense you should be aware enough.

I'm that way about Mulholland in the San Fernando Valley/Hollywood area. There's nothing quite like it for me, I don't know about other folks - it might be old hat for some. Driving that area feels good.
Something I would like to do if I ever get back to America.. I don't drive though so I might hit you up ? did someone say Road trip..

how do you move in ireland? your lady? cycling? buses all the way?
Cycling here for work and stuff. Mrs had a bad crash about 10 years ago stopped at lights going into work and someone looking at their phone crashed into her. She never got car since then but is insured on her parents car if we ever need it but she doesn't use it much.. If we're going to Dublin or somewhere just get the bus if there's no lift...

Cycling here for work and stuff. Mrs had a bad crash about 10 years ago stopped at lights going into work and someone looking at their phone crashed into her. She never got car since then but is insured on her parents car if we ever need it but she doesn't use it much.. If we're going to Dublin or somewhere just get the bus if there's no lift...

and did you personally never drive? or stopped at some point for whatever reason? sorry if I'm being nosey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back