Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehats better

I agree now

whats better ?
He prefers idiots as retards is apparently a slur for people with mental handicaps.

Personally I don't equate retard with people with mental handicaps, just lazy people who don't educate themselves. But then again I don't personally have close family who suffer from mental handicaps (well besides me been slightly on the spectrum ?)

Think we all should be mindful of what we say could be taken by others ?

He prefers idiots as retards is apparently a slur for people with mental handicaps.

Personally I don't equate retard with people with mental handicaps, just lazy people who don't educate themselves. But then again I don't personally have close family who suffer from mental handicaps (well besides me been slightly on the spectrum ?)

You are right . Didnt know it. Sometimes it
was used here too

Sorry , didnt know the exact translation

I may be reading it wrong but the BBC report and the gov.uk seems to be a bit contradictory??

My understanding from the last 2 paragraphs on the page from gov.uk is that Baleriacs and Canaries don't have too?

I may (Hope) be wrong...

I may be reading it wrong but the BBC report and the gov.uk seems to be a bit contradictory??

My understanding from the last 2 paragraphs on the page from gov.uk is that Baleriacs and Canaries don't have too?

I may (Hope) be wrong...
Look at the 3rd paragraph in the summary

The FCO is not advising those already travelling in Spain to leave at this time. Travellers should follow the advice of the local authorities on how best to protect themselves and others, including any measures that they bring in to control the virus. If you are returning from Spain (including from the Balearics and Canaries) on or after 26 July you will be required to quarantine on your return to the UK, but the FCO is not advising you to cut short your visit. You should contact your tour operator or airline if you have any questions about your return journey.

‘Retards” replaced with ‘mental handicap’ ? Where so I start?

Returned this Friday from a week Ibiza.
I will post a longer review soon but I'll tell you this...even without clubs and events...Ibiza is still Ibiza and I enjoyed it a lot.

People that are thinking about cancelling because of closed clubs or facemasks: don't! Just go and experience the island in another way.
I already knew this from a winter trip last year...but there's so much more to this island than partying.

Saturday night, I'm home alone...start watching loads of vlogs on youtube, people that are on the island, been on the island, talking about the state of play at the moment etc. I see things are looking ok, that a good time can still be had etc....in my mind, I'm like 'ok that does it, 100% coming over in September'. I turn on the news at 10pm, first item up, Spain 14-day quarantine on return!

Right back to square 1....shall we/shant we...I guess it is back to wait and see...probably be different tomorrow!

I will post a longer review soon but I'll tell you this...even without clubs and events...Ibiza is still Ibiza and I enjoyed it a lot.

People that are thinking about cancelling because of closed clubs or facemasks: don't! Just go and experience the island in another way.
I already knew this from a winter trip last year...but there's so much more to this island than partying.

nice one for posting this @ElrowLovers ?

Thats it

I remember , I spoke with bar owners who lived in Ibz. A german told me , he is going to clubs max 3 times a year ( the german guy beside coolture cafe , comic , anyone remember ?). And many other expats doing the same who live there. First time they did clubbing often , then it went more less.
They are not in ibiza because the clubs , they are in ibiza because its ibiza he told me.
It comes back and it will be as in earlier days.

Exactly this. Been on the island since last Tuesday and although it is different this year, I enjoyed it very much. I miss the clubs but Ibiza has so much more to offer!

I can recommend it to everyone, even now. Maybe I'll write more about my experiences later. But for now, I'm going to enjoy my last days here!

We arrived Friday and we are having a fabulous time, our phones lit up Saturday evening as you can imagine but it doesn’t bother us at all.

A few observations so far,

Give yourself more time at the airport, there are heavy queues

Definitely get your bar code before you arrive, I would say 90% of our flight ( which was full ) had not got it. Whilst they were held back until completion we breezed through

We are finding the restaurants and bars very busy ( San An ), you will need a reservation, they are turning people away

The beaches are extremely clean and they are spraying the walkways. The water is a beautiful blue colour and warm

There are Villa parties ...

We are finding the mask law very easy to comply with, just use the cheap thin ones as it’s to hot for the cloth ones

It’s nice not seeing the dark side of the island in your face, those women who scam the newbies for a bracelet in San An for an example are not here

There are a lot of police checks, my friend runs a chauffeur business and was stopped 3 times Saturday and avoided a lot more. However I am finding their presence on the ground very inconspicuous

It’s very very hot ...

Last edited:
We arrived Friday and we are having a fabulous time, our phones lit up Saturday evening as you can imagine but it doesn’t bother us at all.

A few observations so far,

Give yourself more time at the airport, there are heavy queues

Definitely get your bar code before you arrive, I would say 90% of our flight ( which was full ) had not got it. Whilst they were held back until completion we breezed through

We are finding the restaurants and bars very busy ( San An ), you will need a reservation, they are turning people away

The beaches are extremely clean and they are spraying the walkways. The water is a beautiful blue colour and warm

There are Villa parties ...

We are finding the mask law very easy to comply with, just use the cheap thin ones as it’s to hot for the cloth ones

It’s nice not seeing the dark side of the island in your face, those women who scam the newbies for a bracelet in San An for an example are not here

There are a lot of police checks, my friend runs a chauffeur business and was stopped 3 times Saturday and avoided a lot more. However I am finding their presence on the ground very inconspicuous

It’s very very hot ...
Amazing! How did you find the villa parties??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back