Ibiza Parties 2009 season start - Any comments/reviews yet?

Marsellus Wallace

Hi everyone out there:)

Where are the first impressions?
On Friday Pure Pacha, yesterday Privilege Opening and Defected @ Pacha!
Today the Space Opening!
So please let us know your impressions, comments and reviews!
How are the drink prices?
Busy or not?

Regards

Evening one and all.
Went to pure pacha on fridaynight and it was rocking. had a really good vibe in there and the basement jaxx rocked it.
Loving the Dennis Ferrer -sinfonia della notte at the moment. Awesome tune.
Gotta go i.m off to space opening and Deadmau5 is on in 45mins.
Report later.

Thursday: Toolroom Knights free party at Grial was really good :D :D 10/10

Saturday: BoHo opening - really nice to see the inside of the club has not been ruined - awesome tiled circular toilet cubiclesstill there :eek: Crowd bit suspect tho.... venue 8/10 crowd 4/10

Defected @ Pacha was very busy, but not crammed, music great, crowd great, but upstairs terrace did not seem to be open :( bit of a fight to get around the club but if you kept still was ok. 8/10

Sunday: Space - arrived 5pm internet ticket queue halfway across car park, other queues empty (except gl which was a free for all). Took an hour to get in. Really really really (dangerously) packed outside and on terrace. Inside not so bad, but wasnt where I wanted to be. Have been to Space opening every year but it was a shame that it was so overcrowded. Permier Etage was only outside space with any place to dance, drink queue 45 mins, toilet queue same. Just way too many people inside, and tickets still being sold on the door. Stayed till 9pm then left as had enough. Had much better time at Matinee last year and will stick to this in future, or avoid opening party as it just wasnt for me any more.... music 10/10 overcrowding situation 0/10

sorry for a bit of negativity but that was how i saw it :confused:

BoHo crowd - 50% Dolly Birds and Coke Heads in their early 20s, 20% people over 50, 20% Tony Trumans friends and hangers on (also see 50% above!) , 10% normal clubbing types

Club was really nicely done, smelled very strongly of paint though!!!

I would go back, other nights eg Superfreq will draw a different crowd I should imagine.....

BoHo crowd - 50% Dolly Birds and Coke Heads in their early 20s, 20% people over 50, 20% Tony Trumans friends and hangers on (also see 50% above!) , 10% normal clubbing types

Club was really nicely done, smelled very strongly of paint though!!!

I would go back, other nights eg Superfreq will draw a different crowd I should imagine.....

Had a feeling it would attract that sort of crowd, very much like their Linekars bar (I am right in saying they own the place?)

I'll still look forward to going

Had a feeling it would attract that sort of crowd, very much like their Linekars bar (I am right in saying they own the place?)

I'll still look forward to going

Tony Truman half owns both Linekers and BoHo

Other half of BoHo is owned by Jason Bull (Hotel Es Vive and Base Bar) I think.

I think will be OK on outside promoted nights....

Space Opening sounds weird!
Did somebody see the redesigned "bar" in the discoteca?
And the new designed DJ booth @ Pacha?
Some infos about that?

Pacha Booth

n514267939_1803405_6966125.jpg

4441_85512687939_514267939_1803394_7524531_n.jpg

Sat 30th - Tues 2nd 09 review

Stayed in hotel fiesta (playa d bossa), right beside space, 2 mins from water park great spot.
On the sat we intended to take "it easy" as space opening the following day, went on a
bender of course, ended up at eden opening party for nick warren/jo mills.
Free in and had a good night, from what i can remember! Really good music from the last dj around 4am...nice proggie deep stuff...

So to space on sunday, from our balcony you could see a que forming around 12 o clock!
Dj's for me to see in space were LAWLER, SASHA AND DIGWEED.
Arrived at space at 6.30, stood in the guestlist line till 815. Head was ****ing wrecked...never been at an event or festival as busy. Got into space and lawler was
on in the flight club, virtually impossible to get anywhere near it. It was actually scary how busy it was, bars, toilets everywhere packed.
Walked through the terrace lee carbera "shake it" was playing, place going nuts!

Decided to go disoteca and catch guy gerber, who set the mood for s and dig brilliantly...dark, trippy stuff. Excellant set from the bedrock man.
10.30 digweed arrives onto decks, atmhosphere was incredible...
himself and sasha go back to back till 2.30 am, some amazing set from them, mongoose (guy j remix) going down a treat.
In all the times i have seen these this djs this was by far their standout set, really made up for missing lawler.....

Chilled in premier estage for a bit afterwards, caught end of dubfires set he dropped
"grindhouse" as his last tune, place was going nuts!!
carl cox was really ordinary, left after 40 or so mins.....

That was my 8th time in space, certainly will never go to an opening party or closing again. Its just way too packed, horrible. Advice anyone thinmin of going to go to a we love in sep or something.
As musch as i love ibiza some of the clubs have to drop their prices...
i.e 11.50 1 san maguel (es paradis), 26.80 2 vodka/7up (space)

anyways roll on september......:)

so glad i didnt go now, if i'd payed for a ticket and didnt get in i would have been tamping, space opening is definitely overated imo, its just far too busy and expensive, there are a lot better parties to be had at space this summer

The first openings....

I went to Space opening and closing since 98 and stoppend last year after the opening was so overcrowded that I did not enjoy one single minute. Maybe I have to admit that I m also getting older so I m less tollerant...:confused:
I remember one of the first opening I went (without parking lot) with Cox mixing and dancing next to you and the day after DC10 Terrace (without roof) with Cox on djbooth pushing the siren button and enough space to dance.... No PC and just vinyl for real DJ.... I regrett those years...

What about guardia civil?it's the first time in years that a single word referring to them is not written in the reviews..!

so glad i didnt go now, if i'd payed for a ticket and didnt get in i would have been tamping, space opening is definitely overated imo, its just far too busy and expensive, there are a lot better parties to be had at space this summer

totally agree with you....8)how many people are going to closing and opening just to say"i was there"...?
totally overated for me too..

Back