Ibiza on a shoestring?

Finally making it back to the island in a couple of weeks after a 2 year hiatus!! Not quite on a tinned potatoes budget this year, but all for any tips on keeping costs down.

In many years of visits I've never made it to Benirras for the drumming sunset so that's a priority this year - anyone done the boat trip from San An for it and is it worthwhile?

Finally making it back to the island in a couple of weeks after a 2 year hiatus!! Not quite on a tinned potatoes budget this year, but all for any tips on keeping costs down.

In many years of visits I've never made it to Benirras for the drumming sunset so that's a priority this year - anyone done the boat trip from San An for it and is it worthwhile?
tinned potatoes and a cool bag is the way to go, enjoy @linzimarie67 ?

I didn't realise how cheap it is to drink coffee (relative to alcohol) everywhere. So that's my tip. Hire a car and drive around drinking coffees and cervezas sin at the beach.

Also, I would recommend avoiding Sunday at Benirras but I understand it's a bucket list type thing. It's far nicer when its quieter and the drummers have always been there any other night I've been.

100% about the coffee. So cheap and so good. Plus bags of the legendary Cafes Ibiza coffee were on offer at Eroski for €3.59 a couple of weeks ago. It’s usually cheap anyway but I didn’t bring enough last time so scooped a few more bags for the journey home. At first glance the suitcase looked like I was travelling from Peru.

100% about the coffee. So cheap and so good. Plus bags of the legendary Cafes Ibiza coffee were on offer at Eroski for €3.59 a couple of weeks ago. It’s usually cheap anyway but I didn’t bring enough last time so scooped a few more bags for the journey home. At first glance the suitcase looked like I was travelling from Peru.
Morning coffee ritual is part of morning every visit ? I very rarely have coffee at home,maybe 1 a week if I bumped into someone and pub wasn't open ?.. No coffee at home ever..

Agree on the coffee. I don't need much any more and drink decaf at home but hey - "you're on holiday" ! The days of 12-16 red bulls in a night are well behind me - that's how you really OD on caffeine. The shakes and comedown are real !!! :oops:
Morning coffee ritual is part of morning every visit ? I very rarely have coffee at home,maybe 1 a week if I bumped into someone and pub wasn't open ?.. No coffee at home ever..
I love my tea and coffee, probably only one or two cups of the latter each day though.

But when I’m lay in an Ibiza hotel room after a night of caffeine tabs, booze and Redbull re-enacting the Train Spotting bedroom scene I decided enough was enough. Now I just get pissed

Agree on the coffee. I don't need much any more and drink decaf at home but hey - "you're on holiday" ! The days of 12-16 red bulls in a night are well behind me - that's how you really OD on caffeine. The shakes and comedown are real !!! :oops:
16 red bulls? f*** me sideways

Caffeine overload is real! ? Be careful.

I remember when I tried out pre workout for the first few times, a good few years ago now.

Was on a course that was very physically demanding. Rumour had it one day amongst us that on the circuit training session that was programmed for that afternoon, we were going to get thrashed to within an inch of our lives! A real hammering! Total annihilation to bring us down a peg or two.

At this point I'd only been half scooping it to give me a little extra buzz, and it definitely worked! Felt a bit jittery and crazy, but no real problems as I could really plough into training sessions.

So I thought today would be a good day to go full scoop. ?

I'm a smart bloke, so I thought, I'll stay ahead of the game and look like a machine smashing through the circuit like it is nothing. ?

So turned up at 1400 ready for action, pre workout bursting through my veins like some skinny version of the incredible Hulk.?

Imagine my surprise when we were told the PT session had been postponed till later on that day as the gym wasn't available anymore! ?

Shhhhhhhhit!!! ?‍♂️

Sitting in a classroom lesson totally wired off my chops with the equivalent of a bucket full of caffeine floating round my body! ?? Was a great laugh.

I always keep an eye on my caffeine intake these days.

I actually cracked two ribs once, as a result of too much caffeine. Story for another rainy day ?

Caffeine overload is real! ? Be careful.

I remember when I tried out pre workout for the first few times, a good few years ago now.

Was on a course that was very physically demanding. Rumour had it one day amongst us that on the circuit training session that was programmed for that afternoon, we were going to get thrashed to within an inch of our lives! A real hammering! Total annihilation to bring us down a peg or two.

At this point I'd only been half scooping it to give me a little extra buzz, and it definitely worked! Felt a bit jittery and crazy, but no real problems as I could really plough into training sessions.

So I thought today would be a good day to go full scoop. ?

I'm a smart bloke, so I thought, I'll stay ahead of the game and look like a machine smashing through the circuit like it is nothing. ?

So turned up at 1400 ready for action, pre workout bursting through my veins like some skinny version of the incredible Hulk.?

Imagine my surprise when we were told the PT session had been postponed till later on that day as the gym wasn't available anymore! ?

Shhhhhhhhit!!! ?‍♂️

Sitting in a classroom lesson totally wired off my chops with the equivalent of a bucket full of caffeine floating round my body! ?? Was a great laugh.

I always keep an eye on my caffeine intake these days.

I actually cracked two ribs once, as a result of too much caffeine. Story for another rainy day ?

What pre-workout were you taking ? :eek:

I use one that's caffeine-free for weights or strength-heavy circuit sessions but have another one I sometimes use in the morning if I'm in a real hurry and oversleep so much there isn't even time to boil a kettle (i.e. almost every time there's a morning session !). A full dose is only 200mg caffeine though and that's no more than 2 cups of coffee. Sure it wasn't other stuff in there - some of it can bring on mild rushes I'm pretty sure isn't just down to running late :lol:

It was the original Jack3d, with DMAA in.

Awesome stuff. It can be tricky to get a pre workout with DMAA in it these days. The equivalent with DMHA is readily available, but not as good in my opinion.

There are ways and means to get hold of it though, same as everything.

I usually take some on holiday with me, gives me a little boost before a night out :D mixes well with vodka too.

Also great for spending time with my hyperactive 7 year old daughter ?

My missus is also a fan, she really blasts round the housework on a full scoop ?

Spotted that as well in Eroski, wish I'd picked some up to take home now. Had a look on the Cafes Ibiza website and it's silly price to get some sent here. Will be stocking up on my next visit for sure!

Back