Ibiza on a shoestring?

Ibiza location is an real issue :rolleyes: especially peak season
if u dont want to spend money , the answer is to win some :D like this

ps:lot of people sell drugs in ibiz as part time job :spank:

a camper van off peak season might work. cheaper ferries from mainland and less punishing heat and less of a trek back from wherever you go out. If there is an unofficial sshh guide to the top "wild camping" spots, feel free to PM me!

Minds is already in ibiza :spank:

setting up my 2018 trip & when not having time to sit on a restaurant & have proper lunch dinner
Can bufi (bakery,food too leave) is the ANSWER for food to leave instead of eating junk food or food from supermarket
https://www.facebook.com/FornCanBufi
There are shops ibz town mercat nou, av cataluna , san an in main places people used to walk, av dr fleming, vara del rey san an, santa eulalia, san jordi, close to airport, im wondering where as it will be good idea to buy some meals just after car picking...

bunuelos's addict :D, orelletas a little dry,im ok just for 1, didnt try their flao neither magdalena ibicenca but on dayly shopping list for ibz opening 18
27500589_1609990455749521_3953221167104764727_o.jpg

fritos pulpos, i already ate their albondigas, spanish omelet with potatoes quiet dry, bolognese spaghetti is the meal iv alway pick by 2-4...
19250832_1598429290238971_4187705391462838187_o.jpg

Last edited:
Minds is already in ibiza :spank:

setting up my 2018 trip & when not having time to sit on a restaurant & have proper lunch dinner
Can bufi (bakery,food too leave) is the ANSWER for food to leave instead of eating junk food or food from supermarket
https://www.facebook.com/FornCanBufi
There are shops ibz town mercat nou, av cataluna , san an in main places people used to walk, av dr fleming, vara del rey san an, santa eulalia, san jordi, close to airport, im wondering where as it will be good idea to buy some meals just after car picking...

bunuelos's addict :D, orelletas a little dry,im ok just for 1, didnt try their flao neither magdalena ibicenca but on dayly shopping list for ibz opening 18
27500589_1609990455749521_3953221167104764727_o.jpg

fritos pulpos, i already ate their albondigas, spanish omelet with potatoes quiet dry, bolognese spaghetti is the meal iv alway pick by 2-4...
19250832_1598429290238971_4187705391462838187_o.jpg

I am desperately trying to hold on to my abs, until my flight over.... then I plan to stuff my face with as many baked goods as I can find! Just have to hold on three more months... :(

I'm older now and have more money but got to say, hotel prices in Ibiza are getting silly. This is the first year im considering not going because its just so much more than it used to be. We used to stay in figueretas and ive paid £29 a night there before. OK, it was while ago but they now want £100 for the same hotel, and they arent exactly luxury places. Outside of San An and PDB, the range of hotels has gone and they are all pricey to very expensive.

We used to save on accommodation figuring we weren't spending long in the rooms anyway and then use the money elsewhere but that's less of an option. I dont want to spend London prices in Ibiza!

Couldn't agree more!

This year is my first "early season" trip. In the past I've always gone mid-late August and early Sept (mainly due to work commitments). I'm flying out on the 6th June and was quite shocked at the prices of hotels *everywhere*. Yes, I know its June, but its early June (Schools, Colleges and Uni's are not on holiday) so I expected it to be cheaper than what I have had to pay. Going out again in August (haven't yet booked accommodation) and I dread to think of the price increases over last year. Where does it all end..?

Dan

I'm in Crete now, I've been going to Ibiza every years in last 12 years. Sometime twice a year.

This year for the first time I'm not going to Ibiza. All because of the cost. 2 weeks in Crete half board for £509.

I'm off for 2 weeks in Aug, I've looked at Ibiza, cheapest is around £1300. Don't think I'm going to Ibiza.

I always used to go to Ibiza in June when flights and hotels were cheap and the place wasn't inundated with families on school holidays. Not this year. Menorca was even worse and the weather wasn't amazing either when I looked.

Just back from Zakynthos where I had a blast. Between high flight prices and expensive hotels the whole baseline cost is just too high to leave me enough budget to do what I want when I get to Ibiza - which is the only reason I am going in the first place. I don't drink or go to clubs any more so it's really saying something that even taking those out of the equation the island has priced me out for early Season trips.

My flights to Zakynthos were way higher than last year, about the same as flights to Ibiza, but on the ground expenses were a third of what things cost in Ibiza. When you can get a sea facing villa with amazing private pool for half the cost of a flea pit hovel in Pikey Park the choice is pretty obvious. My one real gripe is that the people I really like going out to spend time with are in Ibiza. But money is a consideration this year much more than last and the island is wanting too much of my hard earned coin for me to justify going right now compared to other options.

Sad day.

I'm in Crete now, I've been going to Ibiza every years in last 12 years. Sometime twice a year.

This year for the first time I'm not going to Ibiza. All because of the cost. 2 weeks in Crete half board for £509.

I'm off for 2 weeks in Aug, I've looked at Ibiza, cheapest is around £1300. Don't think I'm going to Ibiza.

This!

i just got back from Crete too...we stayed on the south coast in 2, quiet, beautiful villages, in apartments directly on the bay with seaviews and i didnt pay more than 50 euros a night....and we didnt go for the cheapest. I hate the fact that im doing that instead of Ibiza because i love ibiza and the nightlife (and it makes me feel old!), but Crete was stunning and chilled so it was just too much to justify the huge difference on the basic costs.

Signs are bookings are down in July & August - they already killed the goose that lays the golden egg this year if even people like me are turning away. What they need to understand is there just isn't an endless stream of others to fill up the slots if regulars start going elsewhere. On the upside maybe there'll be some last minute bargains if prices get slashed to fill up empty rooms :) http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...os-precios-planta-hotelera-frenan/993838.html

You all have to remember Ibiza is very seasonal

As an airline point of view it luckily works seasonal as the flights will sell even though they operate at mid-night and because they work at midnight an airline can stick these flights into the end of the day so they are not having to remove other more profitable flying out of their flying programme.... Airlines also make their money in summer and operate through winter at a loss

The hotels will be having their own challenges too to make up for the months they are empty

Usually you find some destinations flights are expensive, hotels are cheap or vice versa but Ibiza has pretty even on both

Unfortunately Ibiza will not become a cheap place to holiday to unless it becomes a year round destination so to try cut costs stick to San Antonio, use the bus as much as possible, pre drink and stick to basic restaurants (If you're going with your mates to party)

You all have to remember Ibiza is very seasonal

As an airline point of view it luckily works seasonal as the flights will sell even though they operate at mid-night and because they work at midnight an airline can stick these flights into the end of the day so they are not having to remove other more profitable flying out of their flying programme.... Airlines also make their money in summer and operate through winter at a loss

The hotels will be having their own challenges too to make up for the months they are empty

Usually you find some destinations flights are expensive, hotels are cheap or vice versa but Ibiza has pretty even on both

Unfortunately Ibiza will not become a cheap place to holiday to unless it becomes a year round destination so to try cut costs stick to San Antonio, use the bus as much as possible, pre drink and stick to basic restaurants (If you're going with your mates to party)

This misses the issue (at least the ones raised in the more recent posts) a little because ibiza has been seasonal for the last 30 years...the difference is that in the last few years, the range of accommodation has really started to reduce as have some of the basic every day costs. The fact hotel prices mirror a major european city now says something and it wasnt always the case.

This misses the issue (at least the ones raised in the more recent posts) a little because ibiza has been seasonal for the last 30 years...the difference is that in the last few years, the range of accommodation has really started to reduce as have some of the basic every day costs. The fact hotel prices mirror a major european city now says something and it wasnt always the case.

It is more around demand
Bare in mind a lot of airline capacity is just starting to return to Turkey/Egypt/Greece.... A couple of years ago after certain events all the airlines drove their capacity into Spain

If the hotel costs come down, the flights would in time increase but it is all driven by demand/social media ultimately. More and more people want to go to Ibiza and experience/be seen doing it

I can say the next place that is getting popular thanks to social media is Mykonos - That is pricey!! But people want an IG pic so will pay it

Back