Ibiza on a shoestring?

linzimarie67

What would you recommend doing on Ibiza for someone who is on a seriously tight budget??

This is my 2nd time to Ibiza, and my boyfriends 9th or something, but to be honest the world outside San An and the clubs is pretty much as unknown to him as it is to me.

Trying to find things to get him to want to do is an added difficulty. I've just about managed to convince him to spend a day on Formentera hiring bikes and exploring, but what else would you do if you were on Ibiza skint?

Trying to find things to get him to want to do is an added difficulty. I've just about managed to convince him to spend a day on Formentera hiring bikes and exploring, but what else would you do if you were on Ibiza skint?

Plenty of stuff to do, never been bored in Ibiza. As Marc and Alz say there's lot's happening around Bora Bora on Playa De'n Bossa beach. Check out Salinas beach as well.

Something like 3 euro each way to D'en Bossa on the bus.

I just checked from receits that San An -> Bora Bora is 3 euros 30 cents.

Sightseeing is fun an cheap. Just take a bus around the island. A backpack full of water and picknick-stuff and you are set. Just make sure that you have bus time tables so you don't miss your bus and have a map. Also make sure that your shoes are fit for extended walking or it might not be fun in a long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you bother with lunches, go for a baguette and chorizo...costs nothing and is tasty! DONT buy tickets on the door for any club...ever...they are so much more expensive. get them in bars before and you'll get free drinks.

16034d1255020106-el-fundador-de-coronita-era-espanol-y-vaya-vida-xibeca.jpg

2117264366_dd8f4367f6.jpg

381pxHitchhikerLuxemburg1977.jpg

ibiza_benirras_beach-party.jpg

I have found taking a travel kettle, plastic beaker, plastic spoon/knife/fork, tin/can opener and a small plate invaluable for saving dosh.
So, when the euros are running out -
Lunch - half tin of new potatoes (empty into beaker, pour boiling water over, leave to stand for a minute), a few frankfurters (above process) and a sliced tomato on a plate + half baguette make a cheap half-decent meal!

Dinner, repeat process with what's left in the tins!

OK, I'm a cheapskate, but it leaves more money for the beer...!

I have found taking a travel kettle, plastic beaker, plastic spoon/knife/fork, tin/can opener and a small plate invaluable for saving dosh.
Lunch - half tin of new potatoes (empty into beaker, pour boiling water over, leave to stand for a minute), a few frankfurters (above process) and a sliced tomato on a plate + half baguette make a cheap half-decent meal!

Think I'd rather buy a sandwich and just have one less pint :lol:

i have a different take on this. i have a budget and i want to enjoy my holiday to the full. i merely go for less days thus saving on accommodation, food and drink, but have a bloody good time on each of the days.

Jesus! Remind me never to come round yours for dinner :lol:

I'm sure you could rustle something more appetising than that up for the same money.....

Linzi - if you're staying in an apartment consider sticking some basic dry ingredients in your suitcase so you can rustle up dinner on the hob:- pasta, packet mixes of sauces (fajitas, spag bol etc), packet risottos...that sort of thing. All you need to do when you get there is buy your meat & veg.

i have a different take on this. i have a budget and i want to enjoy my holiday to the full. i merely go for less days thus saving on accommodation, food and drink, but have a bloody good time on each of the days.
That's the quandry if you only have so much money.
Go mid-summer and hotels/flights cost double the price of going off-peak. But June and Sept are (usually) just as hot, the places are quieter and in September the sales are on!
Book a nicer hotel or book a cheaper one, and stay longer? I prefer a couple of more days, so will rough it a bit (ie hotel/hostel without a pool), let's face it, you don't go to Ibiza/Formentera to stay in your room the whole day!
Getting around. The buses are so good now on both islands that taxis are unnecessary, and how many peeps CAN'T walk that three or four miles or so to find that secluded cove? Of course you can hire a bike and pedal round all day, it's fun!
Food - can't see a problem with taking a well-wrapped baguette and a six-pack down to the beach once in a while!
But a good money-saving tip is to go at this time of year, and you will never have to buy a parasol or beach mat. Just take one last week's holiday-makers have left behind. My hotel had at least 6 parasols in a tub, not for sale or hire, but for free!
I left mine behind, plus a beach-mat and beach-bag. Hope someone is using them this week ;)

What's wrong with a different approach to dining, a bit of self sufficiency sometimes? especially if you're off the beaten track (maybe not with the kettle though)
Could it be howard's love of the watery frankfurter that gets to people?

On stephen's point I hold the opposite view,the longer the trip the better.It's all about just being there for me,if the money is running low and I choose to skimp on costly food I will still be enjoying myself to the max!

tight budget

Can you cancel this year and save like bloody hell for next year and get a few more Euros behind you, it will be more enjoyable as you wont be skimping on things and be worth it , nothing worst than going on hols and feel like shucks I wish I had more to spend , like others says there are loads of ways to enjoy yourself with out money and the supermarkets do have a good selection of booze and snacks if you do have to watch your purse strings .Have fun what ever you decide

Ibiza is for living I am loving it

Just read through this for the second time (reading it for the first time six months ago) and still pissed myself at the post about eating tinned potatoes and LeeT's insightful response.

Back