Ibiza gossip 2024

In other news. I’ve just returned from my annual trip and i was very pleasantly surprised with the Tuesday Night opening of Martinez Brothers @ Hi.
I’m usually a little sceptical of Hi and have found it a bit soul-less before but I can confidently say, it was one of the best clubbing nights I’ve ever had on the island.
Music was absolutely MEGA in the club room and Paco Osuna received a heroes welcome, even did an encore until 7am and the place was still absolutely rammed.
Also surprisingly there were very few brits in there that night. Loads of Spanish/locals and they certainly know how to party - made a good group of Spanish and Dutch friends for the evening and had a brilliant time together on the raised section of the club room.
Felt a bit like how Ibiza 10years ago and it was fantastic. 🫶🏼

Absolutely but hopefully it becomes a culture change

Exactly! This is how it happens - Culture Change!

Just need the 🍒 Pacha 🍒 to follow-up with a phone-free Solomun +1?

If you’re an established DJ (like Lazarus), or an established box office night (Afterlife, Solomun) you can make it work in your favour. If you’re a new night (CamelPhat for example) probably less likely you will ban phone recording, and in their defence can understand why. And the EDM nights - not sure can ever be stopped.

I get it for some events and clubs.
But events like Afterlife owe their popularity due to phones recording and vids going viral on Instagram, makes no sense to ban phones at those heavy visual events imho.

I get it for some events and clubs.
But events like Afterlife owe their popularity due to phones recording and vids going viral on Instagram, makes no sense to ban phones at those heavy visual events imho.

It makes the most sense to ban phones at those particular events... because you can't see the visuals if there are 1million phones blocking your view.

It appears that last year and this year, that the phone issue has got completely out of hand in Ibiza.

Peak of the night, Peak music - and if you have a dozen people stood around you with their phone in the air, not dancing, Looking like zombies. It destroys your vibe. Fact

It makes the most sense to ban phones at those particular events... because you can't see the visuals if there are 1million phones blocking your view.

It appears that last year and this year, that the phone issue has got completely out of hand in Ibiza.

Peak of the night, Peak music - and if you have a dozen people stood around you with their phone in the air, not dancing, Looking like zombies. It destroys your vibe. Fact
bUt tHiNk oF tHe foLLoWeRz i mIgHt gEt

@Life of Rye is back! Where you been?

Clubbing/festie industry puts djs on unnecessary platforms, turns them into celebrities/performing seals, downgrades actual music/technical artistry, surrounds them in ridiculous logos, lights and confetti and then gets on HI(gh) horse when punters take pix.. Gimme strength. They created the monster out of pure GREED. Never, ever forget that.

@Life of Rye is back! Where you been?

Hey!!

I just couldn't resist a reply on what I now believe has become a toxic disease though. I am so glad to see the clubs have now recognised that this issue is out of hand and needs to stop.

Ironically 8-10 years ago it was great free marketing for some of these events. Not a problem.
However now it has turned into a huge negative. social media is a wash with backlash on the amount of phones on display at these events.

I may sound like a hypocrite because I used to make vlogs many years ago of my time over there. But back then I didn't spot many people recording and so I wasn't effecting the room or the atmosphere of the club. It felt 'normal' for the odd person around you to take a quick 15-20 second clip.

But now it seems what you have is a sea of phones, all recording for about a minute.

Actually I do want to say the reason I don't post very much on here is because last June I had by far the worse holiday to Ibiza I have ever had. It put me off so much I didn't want to return again

There were a number of issues I won't go into but one of them was the outrageous amount of phones being used.

That said I am going back on the 16th July..... I know, I know

And since I want to do the likes of Destino and Tale of Us - I am expecting both of these events to be ruined by mobile phones. We shall see

There were a number of issues I won't go into but one of them was the outrageous amount of phones being used.

No need to elaborate further If you have no interest, but I did 3 trips last year and June was by far the worst too, a friend of mine has gone the same way as you(were expecting to) and has decided not to return this year. Nothing wild, just simply many small factors contributing I'd imagine, I definitely noticed how much of the vibe we like wasn't there(albeit my group's expectations are different to many here), it felt different.

I will say I am also very pleased to see Defected leave Eden!!! I had various correspondence about corrupt security last year with Defected.

That event was at the completely wrong venue on the island.

I hope to see them flourish at Ushuaia - what a move that is.

Avyca opening tonight after all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626_125219_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_125219_Instagram.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20240626_125222_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_125222_Instagram.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20240626_125229_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_125229_Instagram.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 62
Hey!!

I just couldn't resist a reply on what I now believe has become a toxic disease though. I am so glad to see the clubs have now recognised that this issue is out of hand and needs to stop.

Ironically 8-10 years ago it was great free marketing for some of these events. Not a problem.
However now it has turned into a huge negative. social media is a wash with backlash on the amount of phones on display at these events.

I may sound like a hypocrite because I used to make vlogs many years ago of my time over there. But back then I didn't spot many people recording and so I wasn't effecting the room or the atmosphere of the club. It felt 'normal' for the odd person around you to take a quick 15-20 second clip.

But now it seems what you have is a sea of phones, all recording for about a minute.

Actually I do want to say the reason I don't post very much on here is because last June I had by far the worse holiday to Ibiza I have ever had. It put me off so much I didn't want to return again

That said I am going back on the 16th July..... I know, I know

And since I want to do the likes of Destino and Tale of Us - I am expecting both of these events to be ruined by mobile phones. We shall see
Welcome back! I hear you on all of the above.. The last few years we have also felt ok, some what disappointing holidays to ibiza, and that was hard to admit to ourselves, certainly nothing like the holidays of old in Ibiza (Obvs for less clubbing activities as l grow up slowly).. I also felt the heart / soul was being lost and simply not respected but the next generation, and also frankly a lot of people my own age. However last September we pressed the restart button for our 26th trip, and we had an amazing trip. Our pace, expect / respect other generations, and l found there was room for everyone and love for all.. Phones are part of life, concerts, clubs, buses, trains & automobiles.. Most dont even know what a pocket is for 😂.. Most people will embrace it, and while it will be an experiment this season.. If it works, it will only enhance / restart the VIBE of many carefree moments for years to come.... Right that's the no phones chat done for this year.. See you in the moment this September ;)

Back