ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that bars and clubs have been open in Spain and there haven’t been any Covid related issues, is the general feel in Spain that the nightlife restrictions are gone for good as long as things with Covid don’t drastically change?

Is Ibiza doing anything to better prepare for the likely increased tourism next year (e.g. added hospital capacity)?

I think a lot of people are looking to return to the island next year (like myself), but are going to be looking for that reassurance in the next few months that Ibiza will be back in action next summer.

Now that bars and clubs have been open in Spain and there haven’t been any Covid related issues, is the general feel in Spain that the nightlife restrictions are gone for good as long as things with Covid don’t drastically change?

Is Ibiza doing anything to better prepare for the likely increased tourism next year (e.g. added hospital capacity)?

I think a lot of people are looking to return to the island next year (like myself), but are going to be looking for that reassurance in the next few months that Ibiza will be back in action next summer.
Fingers crossed things will stay the same in spain with covid and won't get worse

I think if Spain will be restricted again if things get bad with covid will depend on the region of spain, bcn and valencia tend to go back a step and have restrictions, where madrid haven't they just plod on as normal

I think Ibiza will defo have restrictions again if numbers are high being as they are a small island and what we have seen so far

People are hungry for good Ibiza parties and the Vibe.
Beaching in Salinas , the Promotion , the dance and at the evening a pint in Dalt Vila. Then heading to a Club. Where can you geht it except in Ibz ?

People are hungry for good Ibiza parties and the Vibe.
Beaching in Salinas , the Promotion , the dance and at the evening a pint in Dalt Vila. Then heading to a Club. Where can you geht it except in Ibz ?
They are but they also have big competitions with festivals....every week there is a festival happening I never heard of

I wonder if that will affect the 2022 season or people will have missed it snd go to ibiza

Fingers crossed things will stay the same in spain with covid and won't get worse

I think if Spain will be restricted again if things get bad with covid will depend on the region of spain, bcn and valencia tend to go back a step and have restrictions, where madrid haven't they just plod on as normal

I think Ibiza will defo have restrictions again if numbers are high being as they are a small island and what we have seen so far
Next year its over. Winter will be hard , spring will be a BIG success. Because more than 90 percent of the people are vaccinated or had contact with the Virus. Thats what a lot of Scientists say.

I doubt we'll see the season extended 2022. It was an exceptional situation this year, with people hungry for any party (I doubt those queuing at DC10 or Amnesia cared much about the music styles played inside).

If we get a normal season 2022, the demand for party will be less, not more. A lot of people changed their habits during the lockdown (I can see it with my other hobbies), plus we may even get a mini-generation of today's 19-20-years-olds who never got a habit of clubbing.

Wasn't there an attempt to have a winter season about 10 years ago? A lot of Ibiza hotels stayed open that year during the cool season. It didn't work back then, and I doubt it will work now.

One thing I hope will stay past the pandemic is more food at clubs.

For me (as a trance lover) the main question is of course whether SHINE Ibiza will return to Ibiza the next year or remain a pop-up event at various locations worldwide, like they did this year (seemingly successfully). My heart says they will return to Ibiza, my brain says no. I hope my brain is wrong here :)
I think the complete opposite. Is there a cap on tourists on the Island yet? If not i think next summer is gunna be ridiculously busy…especially the clubs

Queing is the new normal ?

Could we see more 'entry before xxpm' tickets? Hi were already offering a discount for entering before midnight. That spreads the queue out but of course with the high drinks prices is not always a bargain deal.

Is there a date on which the government is due to announce on potential further reduction in restrictions?

The situation at the moment is that venues are allowed to open at 75% capacity and with masks (except eating and drinking). Is that correct?

I went this year and, whilst it was enjoyable to have a different experience of Ibiza, we would not want to go again until clubs are at full capacity and without masks. In my opinion the overall money cost of Ibiza is only worthwhile if the clubs are at full tilt (I've been on loads of Ibiza trips in normal times). If they are not it would be better to spend less money to go elsewhere.

All my friends think the same and we are waiting on an announcement that everything will be at full capacity without masks before booking.

The confusing thing about the club restrictions is that even though they exist, nobody in Spain follows them. So as long as the clubs are open, idk if the restrictions even matter.

At some point in the next few months you’d think they’d drop the charade though??

I doubt we'll see the season extended 2022. It was an exceptional situation this year, with people hungry for any party (I doubt those queuing at DC10 or Amnesia cared much about the music styles played inside).

If we get a normal season 2022, the demand for party will be less, not more. A lot of people changed their habits during the lockdown (I can see it with my other hobbies), plus we may even get a mini-generation of today's 19-20-years-olds who never got a habit of clubbing.

Wasn't there an attempt to have a winter season about 10 years ago? A lot of Ibiza hotels stayed open that year during the cool season. It didn't work back then, and I doubt it will work now.

One thing I hope will stay past the pandemic is more food at clubs.

For me (as a trance lover) the main question is of course whether SHINE Ibiza will return to Ibiza the next year or remain a pop-up event at various locations worldwide, like they did this year (seemingly successfully). My heart says they will return to Ibiza, my brain says no. I hope my brain is wrong here :)
Disagree…you saw with the ‘closings’ there is a huge market. I know so many people that want to come that have never been before and my regular mates are champing at the bit! I believe 2022 could be a massive revival

@00masmit hear you on the mask thing, but is the 75% capacity really a sticking point??

You're right. The 75% capacity is not a sticking point really. The only thing is it could make getting tickets harder. But it's not a massive issue.

However, with some level of restrictions in place there is always a feeling that things are on a knife edge and could easily tip the other way if the statistics are going in the wrong direction. Therefore it's mainly about confidence in spending money and booking.

However, with some level of restrictions in place there is always a feeling that things are on a knife edge and could easily tip the other way if the statistics are going in the wrong direction. Therefore it's mainly about confidence in spending money and booking.
Gotcha

is Eats Everything still putting his night on? seen nothing more from it than the few billboards up in Bossa.. personally couldn't think of anything worse and tbh I dont think it would be a good move for an island that is already too saturated with tech house and 'commercial' brands

the post on Charlotte or Lens holding a night would be a perfect gateway event to intrigue younger generations to get over but sadly too think they wouldn't hold their own weekly nights.. they seem to be over ran all summer with festivals and club nights as it is

Last edited:
Did Eats Everything ever have a Night Ready to go in Ibiza, or was it just a Billboard that he put up in Support of the Island?

Did Eats Everything ever have a Night Ready to go on the Island, or was it just a Billboard that he put up in Support of the Island?
ohh unsure. I thought it was the first but could be wrong? I seen posts at the time on FB saying it was a teaser but could of been the latter I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back