ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a date on which the government is due to announce on potential further reduction in restrictions?

The situation at the moment is that venues are allowed to open at 75% capacity and with masks (except eating and drinking). Is that correct?

I went this year and, whilst it was enjoyable to have a different experience of Ibiza, we would not want to go again until clubs are at full capacity and without masks. In my opinion the overall money cost of Ibiza is only worthwhile if the clubs are at full tilt (I've been on loads of Ibiza trips in normal times). If they are not it would be better to spend less money to go elsewhere.

All my friends think the same and we are waiting on an announcement that everything will be at full capacity without masks before booking.
Yep.

...basically what I had said in the very first post of this thread.

at this point, I'm pretty sure that unless there's another covid-inflicted period of restrictions, the first few clubs will open for easter weekend and some of the venues will stay open until late october. of course the residencies won't start until may at the earliest and they'll stop before ADE, but I'm positive we might indeed see the longest ever clubbing season next year.

...basically what I had said in the very first post of this thread.

at this point, I'm pretty sure that unless there's another covid-inflicted period of restrictions, the first few clubs will open for easter weekend and some of the venues will stay open until late october. of course the residencies won't start until may at the earliest and they'll stop before ADE, but I'm positive we might indeed see the longest ever clubbing season next year.

As said : Thats what someone told me in Ibiza. But the big clubs are not open every day. Its not sure , they try it and hope it will be possible.
Big season maybe later.

Good news to have a longer season and more options for trips but personally April would be too cold for me. Ive been in early May and the days are warm but it's chilly on a night. Suppose a night in a club would get the blood pumping and heat levels up though!

After two and a half years closed, Club 107 in Marina Botafoch turns into It Lounge :!:

Same people as the restaurant It Ibiza around the corner...

💣 IT LOUNGE (ex 107) 💣

*OPENING WEEK *
Desde las 00.00…
FREE ENTRANCE

📍JUEVES
🎧IBAN MENDOZA
🎧JOSEPH RIVAS

📍VIERNES
🎧ALESSIA
🎧PIPPI

📍SÁBADO

🎧SECRET GUEST

Not sure anyone has commented on this yet, but I kind of had a few good nights in Heart back in 2019, kind of finally got it.

As @stivi said in opening post, I wonder "what name, management and concept will the venue formerly known as heart reopen".

Also, have I dreamt this, but does Pacha Group only lease the LIO venue site, and is that lease up soon?

Not sure anyone has commented on this yet, but I kind of had a few good nights in Heart back in 2019, kind of finally got it.

As @stivi said in opening post, I wonder "what name, management and concept will the venue formerly known as heart reopen".

Also, have I dreamt this, but does Pacha Group only lease the LIO venue site, and is that lease up soon?

Think it will not come back . Hope I am not right , but ...

Good bookings

intrigue younger generations

With the crazy prices, it's getting harder and harder for them to even come to Ibiza.
This is something that Ibiza will have a big problem with in the next few years.... I am 100% convinced of that!
In the last 2-3 years, some competitors have clearly made their mark, Croatia... Greece, several festivals etc..... for far less than half the price.

I believe 2022 could be a massive revival

By then the clubs in the EU and UK will have been open for 9 months, so it won't be that special anymore, I also think it will be very difficult for the clubs until then. What kind of DJ, club night will be the crowd puller next year in July / August?

I find it extremely exciting what awaits us next year :)

What kind of DJ, club night will be the crowd puller next year in July / August?

I mean will much really have changed DJ wise Vs 2019? I mean I predict Andrea Olivia will be playing near identical tech-house to large Ants/Ushuaia crowds. It will be like the near 3 year timeframe never existed.

My prediction for 2022 will be that people will play safe. Hi will have the almost identical planned nights that they were planning in 2019, Pacha much the same (we obviously know that Bedouin take Fridays).

Yes…it seems like Lio is back to el divino…

With the crazy prices, it's getting harder and harder for them to even come to Ibiza.
This is something that Ibiza will have a big problem with in the next few years.... I am 100% convinced of that!
In the last 2-3 years, some competitors have clearly made their mark, Croatia... Greece, several festivals etc..... for far less than half the price.
exactly this! my sister and her pals (all early 20s) just aren't bothered about Ibiza in the slightest. think the pandemic has changed things up alot aswell. the younger crowd seem to have adapted a more underground want.. more raw sounds and less polished

that's just the impression i get in mine and the surrounding areas but can imagine is the case for alot of UK

exactly this! my sister and her pals (all early 20s) just aren't bothered about Ibiza in the slightest. think the pandemic has changed things up alot aswell. the younger crowd seem to have adapted a more underground want.. more raw sounds and less polished

that's just the impression i get in mine and the surrounding areas but can imagine is the case for alot of UK

Amnesia closing had a lot of good sets for them. Will be next year too.

The confusing thing about the club restrictions is that even though they exist, nobody in Spain follows them. So as long as the clubs are open, idk if the restrictions even matter.

At some point in the next few months you’d think they’d drop the charade though??

currently, and until 8 december for now, the rules persist and you need to show either your vaccine passport, a neg pcr test (made within 72hrs) or neg antigen test (within 48hrs) to enter the clubs.

other than that, the mask mandate isn't followed really as we've seen. at a push at the bars where you ask for drinks you're asked to put it on. I've been in barcelona last weekend and it was basically the same. personally I think it's rules most people can live with for a while and I can only see the government crawling back if the situation worsens a lot. it's hard to predict where we'll stand in half a year time, but I'm feeling good about clubbing on ibiza in 2022.

there were a lot of youngsters around on holiday on the island this summer, even with the clubs closed so I'm truly not worried.

there were a lot of youngsters around on holiday on the island this summer, even with the clubs closed so I'm truly not worried.
hopefully this is the case for many years to come. nothing to worry about anyway there is still obviously a cliental for it just my opinion on the fresh faces coming in that have never been before and I personally don't think it will be as easy as some make out but only time will tell

I can't wait to see next years season unfold and whats in store

I mean will much really have changed DJ wise Vs 2019? I mean I predict Andrea Olivia will be playing near identical tech-house to large Ants/Ushuaia crowds. It will be like the near 3 year timeframe never existed.

My prediction for 2022 will be that people will play safe. Hi will have the almost identical planned nights that they were planning in 2019, Pacha much the same (we obviously know that Bedouin take Fridays).

Also contractually a lot of gigs, tours, festivals have been postponed on a 'same time next year' basis that has then become 'same time in 2 years' agreement in some cases.

Financially a club/promoter/DJ cancelling on each other could be costly. So we might see some similar lineups to what was originally planned for 2020.

currently, and until 8 december for now, the rules persist and you need to show either your vaccine passport, a neg pcr test (made within 72hrs) or neg antigen test (within 48hrs) to enter the clubs.

other than that, the mask mandate isn't followed really as we've seen. at a push at the bars where you ask for drinks you're asked to put it on. I've been in barcelona last weekend and it was basically the same. personally I think it's rules most people can live with for a while and I can only see the government crawling back if the situation worsens a lot. it's hard to predict where we'll stand in half a year time, but I'm feeling good about clubbing on ibiza in 2022.
Agree. If those are the rules next year, then game on. Fingers crossed.

what about that space announcement?
To make it easier for everybody to follow the big news of this winter, I merged all the related posts here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back