ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
always said pacha was likely gonna open around easter…

Maybe they need to let you guys into the venue with your camera's so you can talk us through the new (yet seen) refurbishment. Will wet our appetites, help build some momentum.....

tumblr10.gif

always said pacha was likely gonna open around easter…
Just in time for my holiday then. How convenient. :)

On a serious note, plane tickets (from Norway at least) over Easter have gone up quite a lot over the last few days. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is happening from other places. People are desperate to start travelling and partying again. At the same time, lots of airlines have empty capacity and are flying empty flights to keep their slots. If there's a sudden increase in demand, I'm sure a lot of capacity can be provided.

I'm betting on a very early start to this season.

Teatro Pereyra closes for good mid-march:

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2018/01/21/vara-rey-alquila-mejor-postor/964863.html

Great reading if you really care about the island and want to understantand what's going on...
One month left before the Matutes clan turn it into another soulless venue, as the great Xescu predicts:

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2018/02/11/sera-teatro-pereira/969300.html
Four months after this post, the works were suspended in june 2018. Now they can carry on...

Just in time for my holiday then. How convenient. :)

On a serious note, plane tickets (from Norway at least) over Easter have gone up quite a lot over the last few days. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is happening from other places. People are desperate to start travelling and partying again. At the same time, lots of airlines have empty capacity and are flying empty flights to keep their slots. If there's a sudden increase in demand, I'm sure a lot of capacity can be provided.

I'm betting on a very early start to this season.

I think UK side a lot of people I know are talking about May/June - more than previous years. I think after all these waves there is a sense of GO NOW as you never know when the next variant might pop up. UK wise we have a 2-day public holiday 2&3 June for Queenie's 70 years - so a LOT of travel that week would be my prediction.

However, flight prices are already batsh*t crazy, so that might be an issue for many!

However, flight prices are already batsh*t crazy, so that might be an issue for many!
Not looked at Ibiza this year but seeing this a lot across airlines. Makes sense as a huge amount of 'credit notes' have been issued + pent up demand + huge losses to recoup makes me think the days of very cheap flying will not return for a few years. Some airlines are still going to be running a reduced schedule as well, I Think there has been a big loss of staff in airlines which will take time to backfill

I think UK side a lot of people I know are talking about May/June - more than previous years. I think after all these waves there is a sense of GO NOW as you never know when the next variant might pop up. UK wise we have a 2-day public holiday 2&3 June for Queenie's 70 years - so a LOT of travel that week would be my prediction.

We're looking at going in the run up to the Queen's 70 years, but at the moment flights are £250 or so, which is pretty steep I think

Not looked at Ibiza this year but seeing this a lot across airlines. Makes sense as a huge amount of 'credit notes' have been issued + pent up demand + huge losses to recoup makes me think the days of very cheap flying will not return for a few years. Some airlines are still going to be running a reduced schedule as well, I Think there has been a big loss of staff in airlines which will take time to backfill
It'll be a while until the ridiculously cheap flights return. But the mid-range tickets should be back at least from this autumn. The reason being that the planes are still there, although gathering dust on the outskirts of airports. New airlines are being established (like Flyr and Norse Atlantic), and they are leasing planes at rock bottom rates. These airlines will quickly fill the gaps when the market returns.

just putting this here too - no more covid pass required to get in anywhere on the balearics from this sat onwards (and yes this includes clubs). mask wearing indoors still a thing though so officially on the dancefloors you would still have to wear a mask at this point.
Can I just check, are there any other regulations for clubs, like last year where they had a drinking area that was separate to the dance floor (not sure if that was ever policed).

Great news about not needing a Covid pass. I'm flying over at the end of April so just wondering whether there's anything else that's currently in place.

Can I just check, are there any other regulations for clubs, like last year where they had a drinking area that was separate to the dance floor (not sure if that was ever policed).

Great news about not needing a Covid pass. I'm flying over at the end of April so just wondering whether there's anything else that's currently in place.
New rules say you need to wear a Pierre Sangan jumper and Farah trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back