ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what happens with Resistance this year? Surely some of those Privi nights are just so big, would you try and organise to then have the (Rho or Sigma) Variant hit? My guess is no Resistance this year. Anyone else have a view?

J Balvin is dreadful of course (although not noticeably worse than most of the corporate crud championed on here..). In terms of reggaeton, I can't pretend to be an expert but here i've noticed tentative signs of that music mutating, at least if Rosalia's latest output is a yardstick. Obviously it exposes the glaring gap between what the Spanish and international markets hope to experience in Ibiza. My guess is each venue adheres to some kind of informal 'quota' system to keep everyone happy. The only music I really give a shit about is played by S/A/M, Guy, Pippi, Willie Graff, Homies and all that lot. Just hoping Pikes won't be too affected by the recent backstage politics...

it's maybe not the sort of gossip lots of you guys are expecting to hear, but left right and centre companies are desperate to hire staff for the summer.

we'll put up a special thread very soon which is exactly about that. so if anyone with an EU passport is thinking of doing an ibiza season, 2022 might be just the year to do it. the extra long season (which starts in just over two months) and brexit have changed the situation a lot and if you do have an EU passport and can speak english and any other language (spanish would be fantastic, plus german, italian, french....whatever) you will easily find work here this summer.

but left right and centre companies are desperate to hire staff for the summer.
...many of those who have worked in the tourism industry have changed to a completely different sector in the last 2 years, and now appreciate the regulated working hours and other amenities, here in Austria there are hotels that have closed due to lack of staff, this will not only be a huge problem for Ibiza.....

...many of those who have worked in the tourism industry have changed to a completely different sector in the last 2 years, and now appreciate the regulated working hours and other amenities, here in Austria there are hotels that have closed due to lack of staff, this will not only be a huge problem for Ibiza.....
This ( I have a brewery + restaurant in Belgium and we struggle to find staff for the last 2 years ,we always have to refuse some customers because we don’t have enough staff )
at the same time I still live in Barcelona part time and it’s exactly the same for many that got bar , restaurant ect … same problem everywhere but I think that Ibiza will even struggle more with the fact that finding a decent place to live at a "normal" price is really hard and salary really low ( saying this for normal seasonal job )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back