ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it yourself: Privilege. If I were them, I‘d think of a concept to allow to adapt the club to smaller or non sold-out events. Amnesia is doing this pretty well.
Thats a solution. Maybe the overcrowding of the other Clubs will be better then.
Impossible Situation. Makes no fun

The other serious issue : Whats with the economics 2023 ? Do the people have enough money for Ibiza holidays ? Or only a few ?

This is an interesting one to be honest. I go back to when I was in my 20s, just starting work, not much money Etc. The holiday funds were something I never compromised on to be honest - I just cut back in other areas. This might be a northern Europe thing with the weather being crap a lot. Maybe if you live in Spain / Italy then you can have a nice holiday without traveling far - so you cut back on a big holiday? But I am not a social-economist so no idea what I am talking about really.

This is an interesting one to be honest. I go back to when I was in my 20s, just starting work, not much money Etc. The holiday funds were something I never compromised on to be honest - I just cut back in other areas. This might be a northern Europe thing with the weather being crap a lot. Maybe if you live in Spain / Italy then you can have a nice holiday without traveling far - so you cut back on a big holiday? But I am not a social-economist so no idea what I am talking about really.
That's an interesting point! I did the same back in the day not much money but somehow always found a way to go ibiza

I think that people will find a way if they really want to go, but may not have multiple trips like before and will stay for short stays

That's an interesting point! I did the same back in the day not much money but somehow always found a way to go ibiza

I think that people will find a way if they really want to go, but may not have multiple trips like before and will stay for short stays
Ahhh … the good old days. Pre-drinking was standard procedure, one tried to get through big club nights with two drinks max - one sip at a time - and an unplanned taxi ride was a catastrophe budget-wise 😅

Ahhh … the good old days. Pre-drinking was standard procedure, one tried to get through big club nights with two drinks max - one sip at a time - and an unplanned taxi ride was a catastrophe budget-wise 😅
Ku was 3000 Pts max 4000 entrance. Beer 1000 Pts.
Feeled cheaper than today . Most people had 1 or 2 big clubs in 10 days. Rest was San An or low budget clubs.

Foreign travel has boomed to tourist destinations this summer all over the western world due to covid restrictions over the last two years. Most people haven’t had a holiday abroad in 2020 or 2021.

It is unlikely the boom would be maintained for anymore than one year and would inevitably settle down. The cost of living crisis is obviously going to have a profound impact on us all. It will affect tourism next year as it will every sector of society. A lot of people that would go on holiday are going to struggle to pay the rent / mortgage, heat their homes and eat let alone go abroad. Young people will be more inclined to borrow to travel. But it will inevitably have an impact on Ibiza and every tourist destination and they are going to have to deal with this.

The silver lining is that the strength of the US dollar means that there is a big market to target for Western Europe tourist destinations. I didn’t hear many Americans in Ibiza this year. But that’s the market to go for next year. If I was a tour operator, I’d be working with the clubs to offer spring break deals and aim for Americans in their early 20s after that. You can be sure that the major European tourist cities will be awash vacationing Americans next year.

Last edited:
Maybe there is a market for low Budget clubs in Ibz. Better said : Lower Budget.
Remember Angels , Hush and so on.
Entrance 20 Euro , beer 6 Euro Water 5 Euro , GT 10 Euro or similar. Enough to earn money. Dont need a Dj with fantasy salary. Dont need 20 dancers . And so on.

somewhere like,... Akasha? :twisted:
Is that the kind of market rate at Akasha? I haven’t had the pleasure. Eden used to do package deals (under different ownership). Then there was the 90s entry / 1 drink / taxi peseta rates. The big issue is folk know Ibiza is expensive, so it’s a case of getting people there in the first place that’s going to be the challenge for the industry. I still think a lot of young people will go, but I just don’t see them going year in year out to the same volume. And goodness knows what people with families are going to do.

Maybe there is a market for low Budget clubs in Ibz. Better said : Lower Budget.
Remember Angels , Hush and so on.
Entrance 20 Euro , beer 6 Euro Water 5 Euro , GT 10 Euro or similar. Enough to earn money. Dont need a Dj with fantasy salary. Dont need 20 dancers . And so on.

the other week at Malanga this loud Dutchman walked in and said to the barman "I have 10 people outside where is the club?" and then motioned to go upstairs. The barman then replied "eh this IS the club". The Dutchman looked around in disgust and walked out. Without getting into the semantics of where a music bar becomes a club, I feel like I haven't scratched the surface exploring the island's late music bar/clubs. I know I'm not alone in really missing Aura and Grial/Veto, whatever happened to that?

UK-wise, rich/influencer kids will still go, these people don't pay tax and are completely recession-proof. So I'd guess that will mean even more vile 'concept' bars/hotels/restaurants pitched at them

the other week at Malanga this loud Dutchman walked in and said to the barman "I have 10 people outside where is the club?" and then motioned to go upstairs. The barman then replied "eh this IS the club". The Dutchman looked around in disgust and walked out. Without getting into the semantics of where a music bar becomes a club, I feel like I haven't scratched the surface exploring the island's late music bar/clubs. I know I'm not alone in really missing Aura and Grial/Veto, whatever happened to that?

UK-wise, rich/influencer kids will still go, these people don't pay tax and are completely recession-proof. So I'd guess that will mean even more vile 'concept' bars/hotels/restaurants pitched at them
Agree with this Obeach crowd will still be there In droves, I think people will still go more people will use travel agents they can pay up instead of paying in 1 go etc, I'm 28 work 37 hours a week and have had to take a second job 10 hours a week to keep up with such things hahaha, can't see more cheaper late clubs opening in San an if they want to regenerate the area? Some great empty sites along the bay if had good renovation low prices and half decent djs I'm sure it would be a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back