ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard it’s a sticker over camera thing. Like Cova Santa was

View attachment 12325

I’m not sure any picture has made me so happy in such a long time. Collectively we have to make getting phones out in a club a taboo. It’s working at Fabric London by all accounts. Get your phone out at the moment in there and you look like an amateur from the pre-pandemic era.

Don't really get the hate about phones. Sometimes I just wanna save a special moment. Especially during Covid times I watched some videos of parties so many times to get that feeling again...Off course there's a difference between dancing and getting your phone out a few times to take a short video and just standing there with your phone out the entire party.

The no phone policy is good when you're at a fetish party or club like Berghain, KitKat, Now&Wow Rotterdam...where there's more stuff happening than just dancing ;-) On those parties everyone just puts their phone in the locker because you have no pockets to keep them in anyway ;)

No phone policy in normal clubs or parties in Covid times has a totally different reason indeed.
Saw some videos of Ushuaia on socials already though....

Don't really get the hate about phones. Sometimes I just wanna save a special moment. Especially during Covid times I watched some videos of parties so many times to get that feeling again...Off course there's a difference between dancing and getting your phone out a few times to take a short video and just standing there with your phone out the entire party.
I'm the same tbh. Might take a few photos, few 15-30 second videos etc, then the phone goes back in my pocket

I’m not sure any picture has made me so happy in such a long time. Collectively we have to make getting phones out in a club a taboo. It’s working at Fabric London by all accounts. Get your phone out at the moment in there and you look like an amateur from the pre-pandemic era.
‘We have to’? I don’t think so. We have have had enough authoritarianism and rules over the last 18 months.

Its a scene I’ve long been part of, but it is funny when the pretentious underground wants to impose ‘rules’.

Meanwhile, the much maligned mass market EDM scene actively encourages phone waving, picture taking, save the moment stuff.

I’m not a fan of it and it’s a pain when you are talking or looking at something and they shove a phone in your face, but it’s just reflective of the times. A lot of people want to record the moment as opposed live the moment.

Last edited:
The problem is the small amount of people with a flash on, or filming long videos stood in the crowd are a real vibe killer. And if everyone just takes a few 30 second videos then over a night that is quite a lot

Oh and big groups posing together for a photo is the worst

It was only 10 years ago if you had your phone out in Ibiza you’d have security shining a torch or coming over to you if you had it out.

Last edited:
I'm the same tbh. Might take a few photos, few 15-30 second videos etc, then the phone goes back in my pocket

I like to take a pic for the memories. My Facebook 'on this day' has Ibiza pics from several different years today and it's nice to have that reminder. My memory isn't what it used to be!

But I do agree that phones out non-stop should be curtailed. Nobody ever watches the videos back anyway.

I like to take a pic for the memories. My Facebook 'on this day' has Ibiza pics from several different years today and it's nice to have that reminder. My memory isn't what it used to be!

But I do agree that phones out non-stop should be curtailed. Nobody ever watches the videos back anyway.
My bathroom has a canvas of me and my mates falling out of Sankeys onto Bora Bora beach at sunrise, from 2013 and I have a collage canvas from the last 10 years of Ibiza memories, videos on my phone of drops from previous years.

Recording non-stop though is just ridiculous

Heard a rough price (not confirmed directly) - 1,000 for table of 6-8 people, food & drink included.

I don’t think that’s terrible.

For an evening with someone like Damian Lazarus I agree.

I really don’t want to be negative, as I fully understand there are limited tables… but I assume if you’re a 2 or 3 this year they don’t want to know you?

For an evening with someone like Damian Lazarus I agree.

I really don’t want to be negative, as I fully understand there are limited tables… but I assume if you’re a 2 or 3 this year they don’t want to know you?
Yeah it seems that way, which is fair enough.

The way around that is sharing tables which could be fun - there are plenty of offers on social media.

Stivi - will you be planning an Ibiza update on the locked thread soon? And generally what is the mood / feeling now? Things improve enough by end August that things might relax again? And I assume the outdoor venues in their own right are not planning for anything now, or best case very late in season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back